So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

I think these apply to you, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Endurance GTL:
Vintage Light, Formula Two stroke, NuSpeed,Other bikes up to 500cc four stroke and 350cc two stroke not included in sprint classifications.

Formula 2 strocke

Lightweight:
125cc GP Style Machines
350cc Liquid Cooled Street Based Machines
500cc Air Cooled Street Based Machines
250cc Water Cooled Single
400cc Air Cooled Single

The 300 is a four stroke twin... Endurance, maybe.

Bakaboy any links to information on those classes? I'm not seeing them on their website.

you could do NUSPEED but you'd be ripped apart by 2 kids on 250s.
nm there's an age cap.

Last edited:
The 300 is a four stroke twin... Endurance, maybe.

Bakaboy any links to information on those classes? I'm not seeing them on their website.

Lightweight Production is in the rulebook for both SOAR and RACE.

300 Production was added by Chris so that there is a second class every weekend for existing 250 racers and as an incentive for anyone building a 300 for CSBK. There was some discussion on allowing 320 in the 300 Production class but until someone actually rides one at Shannonville the decision on that cc has not been made.

The 300 Class does not have rules as of yet but if you build it to fit the Lightweight Production class rules then I cannot expect any problems.

Last round the 300 Production race at Shanny was (IMHO) the most entertaining.

Sent you a PM so you can ask directly.

Edit: IMHO a 300 would be eaten up in Lightweight Superbike by the SVs. And the 300 Production class is not mirrored at SOAR and is not on the list for ON/QC Championship.

Last edited:

300 Production was added by Chris so that there is a second class every weekend for existing 250 racers and as an incentive for anyone building a 300 for CSBK. There was some discussion on allowing 320 in the 300 Production class but until someone actually rides one at Shannonville the decision on that cc has not been made.

The 300 Class does not have rules as of yet but if you build it to fit the Lightweight Production class rules then I cannot expect any problems.

Finally some real answers. thank you.

Also this needs to be advertised a bit more since it took 65 posts to figure this out. Anyone new to racing would never know this. mostly since its not actually in the rule book.

Last edited:

Edit: IMHO a 300 would be eaten up in Lightweight Superbike by the SVs. And the 300 Production class is not mirrored at SOAR and is not on the list for ON/QC Championship.

Thank you!

A 300 specific class (or 250-350 to allow older Ninjas and new Yammy's) is definitely what I'm interested in. The 300 doesn't stand a chance in Superbike classes. If I want to get lapped by 600s all day I'll do it for less $$$ on a weekend trackday lol

Sorry as I assumed the discussion was regarding Colin's 300 Series.

I just started injecting that there are regional options.

Once asked I provide what details that I can. I support regional racing. I am not regional racing organizations.

I firmly believe that low cc racing is the best way for energetic racers to have fun without spending a bundle. The Lightweight Supersport grids at Shubie demonstrate that there can be a great demand for grid #s for low cc bike racing for many people to try racing or enjoy racing at a budget.

Finally some real answers. thank you.

Also this needs to be advertised a bit more since it took 65 posts to figure this out. Anyone new to racing would never know this. mostly since its not actually in the rule book.

Once asked I provide what details that I can. I support regional racing. I am not regional racing organizations.

I firmly believe that low cc racing is the best way for energetic racers to have fun without spending a bundle. The Lightweight Supersport grids at Shubie demonstrate that there can be a great demand for grid #s for low cc bike racing for many people to try racing or enjoy racing at a budget.

Well the original aim of the thread was geared more towards CSBK I think, but considering Kawi killed any room for discussion this weekend, that's out the window... so regional racing is a more realistic goal now.

exactly

It's there. Just no one entering it at SOAR so you will not see any results.

Some people refer to it as "Production", some as "Lightweight Production", and some have called it "Lightweight Production Superbike". However the last one results in many people getting confused.

Ken might sound in here. It was likely only created for RACE/SOAR rulebook due to a pushy old man.

that class doesn't even exist in soar http://soaracing.ca/html/rulebook.html#Section14
If you are going to refer to something at least post the right series info

not to mention how many people with 300s entering are going to have the same experience as Brian riding his 400? not a chance
Please tell me what bike that fits within those rules is going to lap a Ninja 300 is 4 laps due to pure horsepower.
"

• [*=left]400cc Two stroke air cooled street based"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom