So who's building a 300 track bike? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

So who's building a 300 track bike?

So where are the 250s/300s/320s/390s that are for sale for a new rider can buy ready to race?
:confused:
Other consideration is that we as riders can't continue to split entries between 3 series. I built a bike for the SOAR Lightweight production class at Grand Bend. No entries meant I left the bike home more weekends than I raced it. I won't do the drive thru the GTA to go to Shannonville and can't afford to do a national series all over the country. So unless you guys buy bikes and come to Grand Bend, I guess I will have to upgrade to Lightweight Superbike (more modifications allowed) or BOTT! parillaguy

That question to me? I have sold 2 of 3 250s already. Last one is out there for sale.

I built a bike for the SOAR Lightweight production class at Grand Bend. No entries meant I left the bike home more weekends than I raced it. I won't do the drive thru the GTA to go to Shannonville and can't afford to do a national series all over the country. So unless you guys buy bikes and come to Grand Bend! parillaguy

I don't understand why you wouldn't drive to Shannonville where there were grids so that you could race.

I'd love to run a small bike at the track but it's a cost thing right now. I did a racer5 3 day course this summer and loved it! My street bikes have been a Ninja ex500 and Triumph Street Triple. Would much rather ride a small bike on a track than either of those.

I've been looking on kijiji and the classified on this site for ages but very rarely see small track bikes for sale.

I'd love to run a small bike at the track but it's a cost thing right now. I did a racer5 3 day course this summer and loved it! My street bikes have been a Ninja ex500 and Triumph Street Triple. Would much rather ride a small bike on a track than either of those.

I've been looking on kijiji and the classified on this site for ages but very rarely see small track bikes for sale.
Bakaboy has one. PM him.

This thread is confusing, so people will only get a bike ready to race if there are a ton of other riders ready to go and a series which by the way already exists?

If you wanna race, there is always a way, thankfully

This thread is confusing, so people will only get a bike ready to race if there are a ton of other riders ready to go and a series which by the way already exists?

If you wanna race, there is always a way, thankfully

I know. Confusing. For me it's nice to win but the best enjoyment is always the race within the race. The best fun I have ever had on the track was with a grid of only 4 bikes. Back and forth every lap.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their insights. As I am trying my hardest to plan so that I can race next year, I have a few more questions for you guys.

I believe there are about 6 races each season?

How much does it cost if I only show up on race days?

Do we race Sat and Sun?

Who wants to be my mentor to help me through the process? ?

I know I can email RACE about it but I wanted to put it here for others to see.

Don't just show up on the Sunday.

Friday is a practice day.
Saturday morning is more practice.
Saturday afternoon are the heat races/qualifying.
Sunday morning is more practice.
Sunday afternoon are the finals.

It's a lot of riding for your money.

See below

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their insights. As I am trying my hardest to plan so that I can race next year, I have a few more questions for you guys.

I believe there are about 6 races each season?

There will likely be 5 race weekends at RACE. The schedule will likely be out in 4 weeks.

How much does it cost if I only show up on race days?

Sat and Sun are both race days as Mina describes. Your fee for the weekend is for Sat and Sun. It isn't any cheaper to just show up Sun for the final race.

2015 was $145 for your first class and $85 for a second class. Each class gets you a Sat and a Sun race and your practice seasons.

Budget for a transponder rental for the weekend of a net $45.

RACE will continue with their program of your host and you get 50% your race fees for your first weekend.

Do we race Sat and Sun?

Qualifier Race Sat. Final Race Sunday.

Who wants to be my mentor to help me through the process?

Send me a PM.

��

I know I can email RACE about it but I wanted to put it here for others to see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom