should i go with a liter | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

should i go with a liter

+1

packing 85 pound feet @ 4900rpm in 450lbs. bike, not too shabby, thankyouverymuch

edit, oops I'm cheating, it's 1.2 litres. Oh well, yolo.

Last edited:
c0f.jpg

You completely missed the point, bikes don't need to be ridden to the limit in order to be fun. Do you drive your Accord V6 to the limit on the street? if not,why not get a smart car? that is all you will need if you are not fully "using" your car.
Litter bikes on the street are about torque and the ability to pick up speed at very low RPM, power is always there.

A 600 SS isn't a smart car. I still say anyone can get whatever they want/can afford, but saying a 100+ HP 600 SS is too slow to ride on the street is just bad logic, and that's what most people use when they push for why a 1000 SS makes sense.

A 600 SS isn't a smart car. I still say anyone can get whatever they want/can afford, but saying a 100+ HP 600 SS is too slow to ride on the street is just bad logic, and that's what most people use when they push for why a 1000 SS makes sense.

Problem is, those 100 horses only come on line after 10,000rpm. (I'm not looking at spec sheets, my point is that not everyone wants something so frenetic.)

100hp....... after you're already breaking all the speed limits.

600 supersports have a very useless powerband when compared to liter bikes. The common misconception is that the 1K's have power which isn't usable on the street. The fact is, they have MORE usable power at street speeds precisely because you don't have to wind them out like a 600. You can actually access a lot of torque before you're breaking speed limits.

600s aren't "slow", they just aren't as fast and as usable as a 1000. (provided you aren't a noob or a moron)

Anyone who says a 600SS is slow for the street and doesn't have usable torque etc probably hasn't ridden an SS.

Granted there is a big difference between a 600 and a 1000.

However, for the street even below 6k RPM, there is more than enough usable power on a 600SS to break the legal speed limit as you go through the gears.

"more than enough" whatever that means

says dude who's apparently eagerly awaiting an R1 :lol:

A 250 also has "more than enough" power. As does a Vespa.

Problem is, those 100 horses only come on line after 10,000rpm. (I'm not looking at spec sheets, my point is that not everyone wants something so frenetic.)

precisely because you don't have to wind them out like a 600. You can actually access a lot of torque before you're breaking speed limits.

600s aren't "slow", they just aren't as fast and as usable as a 1000. (provided you aren't a noob or a moron)

This sums my experience, and why I want to upgrade. I have ridden 600ss more than any other type of bike, and I have to agree with these descriptions. I do not think a 600ss is slow either, just a different experience. I am very much looking forward to the upgrade. I don't mind changing gears, but memories of all the times I wish I didn't have to.. makes it much easier to go this route.

All I can add is that I still enjoyed riding my friends F4 once in a while even though I owned and loved a hopped up TL1000S. But I would not EVER consider trading.

"more than enough" whatever that means

says dude who's apparently eagerly awaiting an R1 :lol:

A 250 also has "more than enough" power. As does a Vespa.

Hahahaha! Ok for the record, I'm like Tim the Tool Man Taylor... There's never enough power that can satisfy my crazy azz!!! And yes I can't wait to get boredof my R1 that I haven't even ridden yet and yearn for a Ninja H2 or something. LOL

My main point was to provide context for those who haven't ridden an SS bike yet. I've known a few people already who bought a 600SS and then quickly put for sale cuz they were to scared of the power on the street.

Buy what ever you can afford and can handle. Just respect the fact that with an SS you have a rocket between your legs. :)

1000s Rock!!!! No comparison! Hehe

Lol, it's true. These dudes look like men on the outside, big, burly and all that but, some people value their life more than others. Good for them at least to realize before something terrible happend.

Not everyone likes roller coasters. :)

Who wants to do a 600cc+ GTAM ride to Ottawa for some bad ass White Water Rafting and bungie jumping ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who wants to do a 600cc+ GTAM ride to Ottawa for some bad ass White Water Rafting and bungie jumping ???

Are you kidding? 600's are slow. It would take forever to get there and you'd have to shift like 8736479276 times. Ain't nobody got time fo that

Ok my bad 1000cc only. Hence the subject line of this thread... If you wanna hang with real "Men", then litre Bikes only! Lol

Who wants to do a 600cc+ GTAM ride to Ottawa for some bad *** White Water Rafting and bungie jumping ???

Ottawa river, did it a few yrs back with wilderness tours. amazing trip, cliff jumping, and jumping into the funnel that sucks you underwater spinning you and spits you up about 50 yrds down river was awesome.

i really dont get the whole having to shift a lot thing with 600cc SS. i mean really i can do 130 in 1st gear on stock gearing. but im changing it so it will be about 120 ish this year.

9 pages of this......................my conclusion?

Sticking with the 250 brah. Skull cap and total squid and the world is passing me by faster than the speed of light!!!!!

FWIW, I'd take a litre bike just because it's a better all rounder for the street. If I'm looking to shave pucks off my knees in tight places, a 600 would fit the bill just fine. The only thing is, getting to them. And that's when the litre bike is preferred.

600 are for beginners. Everyone knows that. Kidding!!!!!! Sometimes, you just gotta have more.

Definitely can tell the winter has been long and not many opportunities to get out for a wee ride. 9 pages folks. 9.......

Solved what again?

Carry on.....

-1000 is a bigger number
-600 is a smaller number
-1000 has more cc's
-600 has less cc's
-1000 is MOAR fun
-600 is less fun
-1000 sounds better then 998 cc
-600s are for "shaving pucks off in tight places"
-600s have a problem with "getting to them" (not sure what that means)
600s have no power for the street below 6000 rpm (I'm not sure how any honda,Hyundai,Kia, cars are even able to drive with all that lack of power)
1000 sounds cooler when u say
"Thousand" instead of the proper term "one thousand"
Where as "six hundred" sounds much cooler when spoken "six Hun"
Gixxers are gay.

If everything seems under control, your not riding fast enough

Back
Top Bottom