should i go with a liter | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

should i go with a liter

Really? Never heard of him.

And for everyone else that isn't in this MotoGP thing I guess we'll have to deal with converted litre bikes. Ever ridden one?

Nm I just quickly scanned the posts, your one of the people that's never ridden a 1000 but has somehow formed an opinion of what it's like to. I'm assuming me saying 600's are slow struck a cord as that's the fastest bike you've ever ridden and it's power scares you. It's alright, big boy bikes aren't for everyone.

Hahaha

Really? Never heard of him.

And for everyone else that isn't in this MotoGP thing I guess we'll have to deal with converted litre bikes. Ever ridden one?

Nm I just quickly scanned the posts, your one of the people that's never ridden a 1000 but has somehow formed an opinion of what it's like to. I'm assuming me saying 600's are slow struck a cord as that's the fastest bike you've ever ridden and it's power scares you. It's alright, big boy bikes aren't for everyone.

Reply of the day right there lol

Lol, local man rides 1000. Read all about it!

Ya hopefully a lot more this season than last.

Actually I think I got mentioned in Inside Motorcycle last season. That was a fun race.

Last edited:
Ya hopefully a lot more this season than last.

Actually I think I got mentioned in Inside Motorcycle last season. That was a fun race.

OK, now what?

A lot of it has to do with the actual rotational mass inside the engine as apposed to the physical weight. A 600 will turn in easier but it doesn't mean it turns "better".

Want to talk rotating mass look at some of the best turning bikes - Buell XB series

Ya and how are the motors placed in the frame???

Go ride a 1000 I4 and then report back.

You say 1000 turns in good despite more rotational mass. I agree with you and provide example of heavy rotating mass good turning Buell XB. I don't know what you mean about "how are the motors placed in the frame" Why should I ride a 1000 and report back? Am I supposed to prove both of us right? I don't get it.

You say I've never ridden 1000 so my opinion is invalid. My opinion is that they are very fast and powerful. You say the same. So is my opinion right or wrong? I don't get it.

You want to be the house 1000 super star? Knock yourself out. You want to diss other forms of performance street riding? Enjoy.

Those earlier posts I misread, my bad. We were on the same page.

These I didn't misread.

Slow? What a coincidence, Valentino Rossi said that about converted street bikes. He rides MotoGP.

Lol, local man rides 1000. Read all about it!

I was replying to your sarcastic posts.

I'm not the "house 100" superstar", I know who Rossi is, and ya you could read about me riding my 1000.

So that's a win-win then. :)

No, I meant to quote you. The point I'm trying to make is that, like racing on the track, street riding is mostly a sport and hobby. Yes, litre bikes have a certain type of power and provide a certain experience. I can see why people would be fully in favour of them. But there are many ways to do the hobby even just in the realm of performance street riding. Have you noticed the overwhelming enthusiasm for RC390 yet nobody's ridden one yet or compared it to something much faster? And don't get me started on the weirdos running CBR125s.

Since my personal choice of bike is a literbike, and all I've done is defend the choice of those who have solid reasons to ride a smaller bike, exactly what is your end game in quoting me? I seriously don't understand.

I'm not the "house 100" superstar", I know who Rossi is, and ya you could read about me riding my 1000.

Got a quick question for you. You're still young at 31, so that race you were in was amatuer superbike I assume. Any thought of taking it further?

A 1000SS is a class of bike, a 600SS is a class of bike, a 250/300 is a class of bike etc Have you seen the myriad of road race classes? Is Moto 3 bogus? Moto 2?

Racing on a track for a prize. Which has absolutely zero to do with the question presented here.

I knew that was going to be the response. So I guess a 1000SS must be the only bike to ride on the street then because not race? Anything else is wasting your time? Anything else is not getting full pop? Every class has it's own unique purpose and feel and experience. "who in there right mind would buy anything smaller is beyond me" per Road Warrior, man that is limiting.

Since my personal choice of bike is a literbike, and all I've done is defend the choice of those who have solid reasons to ride a smaller bike, exactly what is your end game in quoting me? I seriously don't understand.

You stated that my road race example has "absolutely zero to do with the question presented here". I quoted that response to capture it and question it. I'm guilty of not remembering your previous post. Sorry.

I was replying to your sarcastic posts.

I did race a 600 for a season after I'd been on a 1000 race bike. They're slow on the track too.

My sarcastic posts were replying to this specifically and in general to your chest pounding which I can also quote if need be.

Got a quick question for you. You're still young at 31, so that race you were in was amatuer superbike I assume. Any thought of taking it further?

This year I'm going for the CSBK AM SBK title and if I finish well enough I'll be able to race pro next season. I don't have any illusions that I'm going to be superstar but I'm going to put in my best effort and see what happens.

And I'm only 30 until September, let's not rush things here.

well literbike is now out of the question. i just got my insurance renewal in the mail today and as i suspected it jumped... a LOT.
Everyone with state farm be prepared to dish out about $40 more a month this year IF you havent got any new tickets.
just FYI im over 30 and not a single thing on my record since starting to drive at age 16, and have had my own policies since age 18, gt my M2 back in 2003.

According to the State farm sign at the motorcycle show Plan "A" (having your car wit them as well) should be $70.33 and Plan "B" (bike only) should be $118.25
mine just went to about $160 a month on plan "B"

I snapped a pic of the sign at the show in anticipation of the new underwriters doing this.

glad i got the sprockets, time to slap on some headers and get Riders to Dyno the 600RR and squeeze the most out of it that they can.

Last edited:
if your over 30, have a look at all state, clean record, $780/year w/ comp for a VFR 1200, the 1000RR was only a couple bucks cheaper. This is in waterloo, not the GTA though

if your over 30, have a look at all state, clean record, $780/year w/ comp for a VFR 1200, the 1000RR was only a couple bucks cheaper. This is in waterloo, not the GTA though
yup over 30.
ive got no prob moving my truck there if i have to, but i only pay 170 ish a month on the 2014 GM....with 5 year full MSRP replacement coverage.
i think my bike policy is just shy of $1900 a year now...brutal.
i was paying low 70s when i had my old car on the policy

Should you go with a litre? Hell yes!

Riding an 05 Gix 1000 for the last few years, I can tell you there's nothing like it. A 600 will feel like a 250 after.

#Gixxer4life
#Holla

Back
Top Bottom