Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848 | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848

The truth is, everybody wants it (the Ducati), almost no one can afford it.[/QUOTE]

I somewhat agree, but it is harder to sell these bikes, I have a 696 if I wanted to sell I'm almost certain I'd rather trade it. Sometimes you better off taking a few hundred less and trading it.

Not me, I traded car and bike for another car.

Like I said, I am done riding.

Tell us, what car did you get?

P.S. it took over a year to sell my bike. sometimes it just takes time, there is a buyer for everything, just have to have the right timing and circumstances.

Tell us, what car did you get?

P.S. it took over a year to sell my bike. sometimes it just takes time, there is a buyer for everything, just have to have the right timing and circumstances.
Which bike were you selling?

If you're pulling in enough dough, you can dust it off. Times more valuable.

the 30k ballers on the other hand..

Even if it takes you 10 hours of your time to sell a bike and you get a $1000 more thats $100 per hour tax free. Are you guys that rich that $100 per hour means nothing, or just lazy?

BTW the last bike i sold took me all of 30 minutes to sell, and thats including riding to and from a local timmies to meet the buyer. I delivered it to the guy and it took me a whole 1.5 hours the next day. So in all 2 hours, but then again i didn't list my bike for 300% more than it was worth :lmao:

Certain bikes, because of their perceived premium value, have a larger pool of day-dreamers, tire-kickers and low-ballers. If I was selling a Ducati, I'd at least make an effort in trying to sell it myself, but after a certain time, the money to effort/hassle ratio starts plummeting and that's when I'd just take the hit and sell it to a dealer.

Certain bikes, because of their perceived premium value, have a larger pool of day-dreamers, tire-kickers and low-ballers. If I was selling a Ducati, I'd at least make an effort in trying to sell it myself, but after a certain time, the money to effort/hassle ratio starts plummeting and that's when I'd just take the hit and sell it to a dealer.

You guys make it sound like you're carrying the bike on your back to a potential buyer, when in reality you're just answering emails.
Provide all the info in the ad and you wont even need to answer any questions...

If you get idiots emailing you simply delete and move on...

Even if it takes you 10 hours of your time to sell a bike and you get a $1000 more thats $100 per hour tax free. Are you guys that rich that $100 per hour means nothing, or just lazy?

BTW the last bike i sold took me all of 30 minutes to sell, and thats including riding to and from a local timmies to meet the buyer. I delivered it to the guy and it took me a whole 1.5 hours the next day. So in all 2 hours, but then again i didn't list my bike for 300% more than it was worth :lmao:

Can you accept that some people have bigger fish to fry?

$10.5k was pretty reasonable for OP's Duc which had very low mileage iirc.

You're right on the money when it comes to selling a premium product - no shortage of dreamers offering you extremes ranging from a payment plan to naming rights of their next kid.

Can you accept that some people have bigger fish to fry?

$10.5k was pretty reasonable for OP's Duc which had very low mileage iirc.

I find it hard to believe that its truly not worth selling it for some people and i'll chalk it up to laziness :lmao:

I wasn't taking a stab at the OP's price btw, just people in general who overprice their bikes and then whine and ***** about how they can't sell it

I find it hard to believe that its truly not worth selling it for some people and i'll chalk it up to laziness :lmao:

I wasn't taking a stab at the OP's price btw, just people in general who overprice their bikes and then whine and ***** about how they can't sell it

Laziness? God no, I work my *** off to makemoney, but after a point I rather divert my attention elsewhere. Last thing Iwanted was a bike that has been sitting for too long and generating faults.After 3 months on the market, I decided enough was enough, and traded in mybike and car. Yes I should have taken the higher offers back then, but at thattime I was in no rush to sell and did not even think of a trade in,circumstances change.

Giventhe season is ending, I wanted to get my car so I could enjoy it before thesnow hits.

I’vehad other bikes, and those sold in seconds. Ducati’s are not cheap to insureand you are very limited on companies that will insure them.

10.5was certainly reasonable, was that what I got? Not even close. I did callup some other folks on Kijiji that were selling an 848, and they were nothaving luck moving theirs and would try again next season. 10.5 is fair, but there isnt a market for them, not even at 9k.

I traded my 1198 because it seems to be almost impossible to sell a duc privately. The dealer I traded it into sold it the same day for more than I was originally asking. With the sales tax difference it really wasn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I traded my 1198 because it seems to be almost impossible to sell a duc privately. The dealer I traded it into sold it the same day for more than I was originally asking. With the sales tax difference it really wasn't worth the hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Not to pour salt in your wound, but if yours was the black/red frame one, I was *very tempted at close to asking. Then went a totally different direction.

Back
Top Bottom