Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sell on Kijiji: Value of Ducati 848

I just traded it in, it was much easier than dealing with people on Kijiji. I took a big hit on it. Should have accepted the offers for 10.5k plus. It was too late in the season for me to hang on to it and honestly, I was sick of dealing with peoples BS.

No more riding for now.

TO the GTAMers please ride safe.

Traded for what?

I just traded it in, it was much easier than dealing with people on Kijiji. I took a big hit on it. Should have accepted the offers for 10.5k plus. It was too late in the season for me to hang on to it and honestly, I was sick of dealing with peoples BS.

No more riding for now.

TO the GTAMers please ride safe.

So just to let you know for future reference.................

You should have taken the 10.5K, brought the person to the dealer and did a convenience sale. Most dealerships do this... Costs about $200-250 (not all dealerships like doing it... even though they make easy money)

How does this work?

Step A) Find buyer
Step B) Bring buyer to dealership where you want to purchase motorcycle
Step C) You Trade your bike into dealer for 10.5k, and purchase new motorcycle
Step D) Buyer purchases motorcycle from dealer for 10.5k

You pay no taxes on the 10.5k as it was a trade-in, buyer is buying the bike from a dealership and feels much more secure. Not to mention the potential buyer can get financing a lot easier, which makes it MUCH easier to sell the bike (especially more expensive ones).

It's a complete win-win and I am surprised more people don't know about this. The total cost for the dealership doing all this? $200-250... I've done this numerous times and the other buyer is always super happy. They got a great deal on a motorcycle (got the ease of registration yada yada from the dealership), and you got the trade-in value you wanted.

The dealership sells their bike, makes $200-$250 on the admin fee for the convenience sale, registration, plates etc

You probably got wholesale value which is laughable at best.

Lets see if anybody takes my advice.

I've gotten people calling me back saying how easy it was. Gave money, signed paperwork and rode/drove off..... (and they paid Kijiji price, not dealership price)

Last edited:

You should have taken the 10.5K, brought the person to the dealer and did a convenience sale. Most dealerships do this... Costs about $200-250 (not all dealerships like doing it... even though they make easy money)

How does this work?

Step A) Find buyer

You pay no taxes on the 10.5k as it was a trade-in, buyer is buying the bike from a dealership and feels much more secure. Not to mention the potential buyer can get financing a lot easier, which makes it MUCH easier to sell the bike (especially more expensive ones).

It's a complete win-win and I am surprised more people don't know about this. The total cost for the dealership doing all this? $200-250... I've done this numerous times and the other buyer is always super happy. They got a great deal on a motorcycle (got the ease of registration yada yada from the dealership), and you got the trade-in value you wanted.

The dealership sells their bike, makes $200-$250 on the admin fee for the convenience sale, registration, plates etc

I've gotten people calling me back saying how easy it was. Gave money, signed paperwork and rode/drove off..... (and they paid Kijiji price, not dealership price)

Wanna list some Dealers that would like to do this?

Wanna list some Dealers that would like to do this?

If you are legitimately selling your bike, and looking for a new one..... PM me. I'm not sure if the dealers want me to advertise they do convenience sales.

It's completely legal, just requires paperwork.

At the end of the day, just talk to the owner or manager of the dealership. It's actually really simple.

How does this work?

Step A) Find buyer

You are surprised more people dont want pay all that tax on the bike from the dealer?

You are surprised more people dont want pay all that tax on the bike from the dealer?

Realistically what's the difference you would have quoted the MTO for sale price on a Ducati Evo 848?

Let's be honest here... In Ontario you pay sales tax on used or new. Telling the MTO you paid $1 is Tax Evasion and illegal. I would never write and sign a bill of sale for the purpose of evading taxes. Do what you will.

They don't have book values of motorcycles but new, non salvaged bike for very little $$$$ doesn't add up.
You just have to think it through, if the buyer was making a big stink about the taxes, offer a couple hundred towards it. That's it.
I'm willing to bet most people will not sign a bill of sale that significantly undervalues a newish bike.

So to sum it up... No its not hard at all. People feel more secure at a dealership than buying it out of some randoms driveway.
I can only imagine how hard it would have been to sell my Evo X MR out of my driveway... Uh and WRX STI

As the seller it obviously takes more work... Find the buyer for your vehicle, the bike/car you want to trade for.. talking to the manager. But it works out much smoother (IMO)

The last time I did it... The cost was $200 and a case of beer :D (Had to talk them down from 2 cases)

Last edited:
Let's be honest here... In Ontario you pay sales tax on used or new. Telling the MTO you paid $1 is Tax Evasion and illegal. I would never write and sign a bill of sale for the purpose of evading taxes. Do what you will.

This is a very good point. GTAM supports undervaluing the price on the bill of sale. Given my career and future this is something I take a strong stand against. Honestly, for me this risk is just not worth it. I know tax evasion in 10k is not much at all, but I dont want my reputation tainted for a couple thousand.

Life goes on, and money comes in.

Sorry to hear that, but understand your plight in dealing with the kijiji masses.

For the sake of helping others, can you post the trade in value?

It wont help others, I rushed to get my new ride and took what I could get for the least inconvenience and traded in the car and bike

They don't have book values of motorcycles but new, non salvaged bike for very little $$$$ doesn't add up.
You just have to think it through, if the buyer was making a big stink about the taxes, offer a couple hundred towards it. That's it.
I'm willing to bet most people will not sign a bill of sale that significantly undervalues a newish bike.

You should do a survey...... You will be surprised.

You should do a survey...... You will be surprised.

I think doing a survey asking people if they are willing to falsify a bill of sale, and fraud the government is a really bad idea... just my opinion.

wait what? so...

OP did not want to sell his 848 for $10500 but later he traded his 848 in for much less than that.

what's wholesale for the 848? like $7000?

wait what? so...

OP did not want to sell his 848 for $10500 but later he traded his 848 in for much less than that.

Selling more expensive bikes can a really frustrating experience... Ah well, OP did the deal... Hope he is happy with his new ride.

wait what? so...

Life is more complicated than just numbers as peoples situation can change. I closed the deal on the new car and traded in the bike and car and was more aggressive to sell.

Dealing with Kijiji folks is a pain in the *** to be honest. I bought my bike from a dealer due to that very purpose and sold my bike to a dealer to avoid dealing with peoples drama. Sure I got 1-2k less. but life goes on. We make mistakes, no point crying about it.

I heard you thought to trade it to my buddy for his zx6r the other day

Back
Top Bottom