second terrorist attack today? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

second terrorist attack today?

^^ Say what? I thought it was Obama's fault...or the Russians...or blame anyone else as long as it fits a narrative.

the Lefties are the ones that are scared of guns and want to live in a La-La land where no guns exist, except in the possession of an omniscient, benevolent Liberal government.

Hence it's the Lefties' fault
True that.

Main entrance should have armed guards or metal detectors. Even court house down town has metal detector. I couldn't even bring my swiss army knife in there.

How did he even get a shotgun through there?

True that.

Main entrance should have armed guards or metal detectors. Even court house down town has metal detector. I couldn't even bring my swiss army knife in there.

How did he even get a shotgun through there?

How would metal detectors have helped? They also already have them

Last edited:
What crimes got you suggest should have been held under. Having an Extreamist view point isn't illegal only acting on it is. We should not start getting into thoughtcrime territory.

Im not suggesting we get into thought crime territory. All im saying is if there are things the cops could have done that might have stopped these looney bins then perhaps its something worth discussing.

Perhaps having a couple armed guards at the entrance as well as giving ammo to the guys standing at the memorial? Not guaranteed to be 100% effective but atleast they have a chance, instead of leaving them out there like ducks

Im not suggesting we get into thought crime territory. All im saying is if there are things the cops could have done that might have stopped these looney bins then perhaps its something worth discussing.

Yes I agree these discussions need to happen.

having a couple armed guards at the entrance as well as giving ammo to the guys standing at the memorial? Not guaranteed to be 100% effective but atleast they have a chance, instead of leaving them out there like ducks

There were armed RCMP inside parliament they shot his as he tried to enter. I agree on at least short term more armed or heavily armed guards at parliament and perhaps other places. As for the honour guard perhaps for short time while the threat it still evident but TBH prior to this hasn't been a need its not really been about the guarding aspect but more as a public face of military heritage. Honestly there is probably all kinds of liability in having actual armed guards on these kinds of duties the Military probably would don't want that head ache. Even in this case it may not have helped it came so out of the blue.

BTW for anyone who hasn't seen the time line. This whole thing tool place in about 4 mins..

9:50:00 a.m. Witnesses report seeing the gunman coming from behind the National War Memorial, on the west side where he fired twice at Cpl. Nathan Cirillo. The shooter also fired one shot at the second reservist guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier but missed.
Paulson said witnesses heard the suspect "yelling something" in English before running north. What he said is not known. The suspect uses a beige-coloured vehicle to make his way to Parliament.
9:52:23 a.m. From the National War Memorial, the suspect is seen on camera driving his car on Wellington Street and parking it at the ElginStreet entrance of Parliament Hill.
9:52:31 a.m. Here the suspect is seen accessing the grounds on foot. He gets out of his car carrying a weapon and running through the security posts and up towards the east block where MPs' cars are parked.
A handful of people are seen running away from him. This moment is captured by at least three different security cameras, each providing a different view.
9:52:36 a.m. Paulson said this is when the first 911 calls were made.
9:52:40 a.m. The suspect is seen running on the grass towards three cars parked along the East Block.
9:52:50 a.m. The gunman runs towards the first of three cars which is occupied by a driver. The suspect goes around to the front of the car to the driver's side. There is an exchange with the driver, who then gets out of the car and runs away.
9:53:16 a.m. The suspect hijacks the ministerial car and drives off from the East Block towards Parliament's Centre Block.
9:53:23 a.m. "It's at this point that those actions were noticed by RCMP officers," Paulson said. An RCMP vehicle, with the driver's door opened, is seen in pursuit of the suspect.
9:53:36 a.m. A second RCMP car is also in pursuit.
9:53:37 a.m. The suspect's car comes to a stop on the left side of the Peace Tower. He gets out of his car and runs towards the front doors of Centre Block.
9:53:43 a.m. Police officers pursue the suspect to the door.
9:53:46 a.m. The suspect enters Centre Block seconds before the RCMP officers who were chasing him reach the main entrance doors.
It took little more than one minute for the suspect to go from Wellington to Centre Block. "It was incredibly quick," Paulson said.
9:53:57 a.m. A third RCMP vehicle arrives at the entrance of Parliament.
"Once inside Centre Block, the suspect engaged in a fire exchange with House of Commons security and RCMP officers," Paulson said.
The exact details of this dramatic "fire exchange" are still under investigation.
The suspect, later identified as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Last edited:
I bet it would be much longer and deadly if this terrorist had hand guns that could be hidden and that he would have for sure if any lunatic could buy hand guns as gun nuts want.

I bet it would be much longer and deadly if this terrorist had hand guns that could be hidden and that he would have for sure if any lunatic could buy hand guns as gun nuts want.

Oh lord here we go...

Anyone can already buy a gun out there, its called the black market.
Gun nuts as you call them don't want just anyone to have firearms, just people who have the adequate training, permits and have gone through the proper background check. BTW this guy already had a criminal record, and he was on a watch list. There was ZERO chance of him getting a firearm legally, restricted or non-restricted, handgun, rifle or shotgun.

A .308 rifle or a 12 gauge shotgun will do a lot more damage than a 9mm or .40 handgun BTW

People like you add nothing to the discussion just spew their uneducated nonsense.

Last edited:

So the shooter could not obtain any weapon legally so he obtained the weapon illegally. He could have also illegally obtained a hand gun probably without much difficulty. So your point is moot. Also you can already legally buy handguns.

Oh lord here we go...

Anyone can already buy a gun out there, its called the black market.
Gun nuts as you call them don't want just anyone to have firearms, just people who have the adequate training, permits and have gone through the proper background check. BTW this guy already had a criminal record, and he was on a watch list. There was ZERO chance of him getting a firearm legally, restricted or non-restricted, handgun, rifle or shotgun.

A .308 rifle or a 12 gauge shotgun will do a lot more damage than a 9mm or .40 handgun BTW

People like you add nothing to the discussion just spew their uneducated nonsense.

Some gun nuts do want everyone armed... some not so much. there's a few interesting posts on the carry concealed facebook group.

Huh?

How exactly would hand guns have helped this guy get further?

You do know that more people have died in this country on motorcycles than killed by any sort of firearm, and that virtually all firearm deaths are by the hand of criminals who acquired said firearms illegally? Maybe we should ban motorcycles. Let's start with yours first.

The perp in this case was a convicted criminal. He was prohibited from possessing firearms. In addition for it being illegal for him to possess a firearm, it is illegal to transport a firearm while loaded, it is illegal to have it in the parliament buildings, it is illegal to point a loaded/unloaded firearm in public, it is illegal to discharge a firearm in public, it is illegal to shoot someone with a firearm..........shall I go on?

Lesson learned: despite there being numerous laws prohibiting someone from doing what this perp did, he did it anyways because, well, criminals just don't really care much about laws, however numerous they may be.

PS, I'm part of the liberal motorcycles kill children confiscation team. Please forward me your address so I can retrieve your death machine which will ensure that you will never die in a motorcycle or related accident.

At the exact same time the politicians heard these gunshots they barricaded the doors with chairs and tables. They didn't rush out to help anyone, they were simply saving their own *****.

It can happen to the best of us.

Im pretty sure I wouldn't run towards gunfire if I was unarmed... just sayin'

So no bad guys can get guns anyway and good guys should get one just in case they need to get one of bad guys in case they do get gun. Lol. Imagine police arriving to shootout I'm sure they would immediately recognize good guys. In one attack car was used. In other soldier was shot in the back. I for one I'm glad that terrorist could not stick gun in pocket and walk away. I know number of people that have hand guns. It is not banned to have them. What more? Let them be sold like tools?

So no bad guys can get guns anyway and good guys should get one just in case they need to get one of bad guys in case they do get gun. Lol. Imagine police arriving to shootout I'm sure they would immediately recognize good guys. In one attack car was used. In other soldier was shot in the back. I for one I'm glad that terrorist could not stick gun in pocket and walk away. I know number of people that have hand guns. It is not banned to have them. What more? Let them be sold like tools?

0e34b0782dce4b5f38f089e1607c7cbf.jpg

wtf-reaction.gif

Yup, that is how confusing it would be to have random dudes run into the fight :)

Point is simple, two guys shooting at each other, you have gun, who do you shoot?
Who does police shoot when they arrive??

How did he get through the metal detectors if he was carrying a gun? Were people guarding these detectors to prevent them from passing?

I get it, it probably went down like this...

[video=youtube;OfoVFXjIukY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoVFXjIukY[/video]

Amirite?

Yup, that is how confusing it would be to have random dudes run into the fight :)

Point is simple, two guys shooting at each other, you have gun, who do you shoot?
Who does police shoot when they arrive??

That literally never happens.

5087d67ccd56994f2681cc905a79664a8b3307d047f2c5a6c707bac6fd787665.jpg

Back
Top Bottom