S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Re: new track school for track newbs

I'm all set, licenced and race preped bike...
Thanx for the heads up, anything else I should be aware of for my first time racing?

I'm all set, licenced and race preped bike...
Thanx for the heads up, anything else I should be aware of for my first time racing?

No passing me cuz I'm Old and Slow..

Anyone know is the schedule is available yet for this weekend ?

Particularly relating to how the endurance race will affect practice time Sat and Sunday..

No passing me cuz I'm Old and Slow..

Anyone know is the schedule is available yet for this weekend ?

Particularly relating to how the endurance race will affect practice time Sat and Sunday..

Hi John,
The schedule is done however I dont have it in digital form to post.
The endurance race will be right after lunch on Sat. There should be little to no effect on anyones race. We finished early both days in round one so. What we have done is move up the riders meeting so we can get ON track at 9am.
The practices will be about the same. We combined a couple races and shortened the lunch to 45 min. We moved a couple qualifiers from Sat to Sun morning and if everyone does as good as last race we should be fine.
Keep in mind if we need to run long we will NO SHORTENED RACES.

Well round 2 was a blast! Absolutely great racing, great weather and most importantly of all great people. As always the SOAR crew did an awesome job. I wanna give a specially shout out to Tracy and Michelle, these two worked tirelessly all weekend long to get the timing system up and running, setting up grids, dealing with all kinds of technical issues, and performing manual scoring as a backup. (Which I must say is incredibly hard and definitely not as easy as one would think! reading 15+ bike numbers in a pack separated by 3-4 seconds is not so easy.)

As it pertains to my little off roading low-side in turn 2, sorry guys for having the event red flagged I tried my best to keep it going as long as I could, you guys looked tired out there anyways! :rolleyes: A big thanks definitely goes to the marshals for calling it when they did, ems doing there thing and Ken and other helping to pick up all the pieces. I learned something, next time stay on the ground when in pain! :D

As always Vanessa and Tim were out there helping out from the TMP side of thing, thanks to both and all TMP staff.

Lastly today gave me an education in just what it takes to announce a race and keep on top of things, Lindsay is simply amazing, that all i've got to say about that.

Thanks to all who came by to lend a helping hand and to whom ever donated some meds, THANK YOU!

Dave P.

I have to Echo what DaveP said,, Great weekend for me as well.

Well, Other than having one of the lenses fall out of my prescription sunglasses during Rookie qualifying and doing a a little 150kph dirt riding at the end of turn one during the Old Boys Race :(

Kudos to the whole SOAR crew and all the Marshalls for standing out there all day in the sun.

Here's a few pics
http://picasaweb.google.ca/pixelpixiephotography/2009SOARROUND2JUNE13TH14#

IMGP9166-1.JPG

IMGP9065.JPG
IMGP9070.JPG
IMGP9077.JPG
IMGP9093.JPG
IMGP9168.JPG
IMGP9227.JPG
IMGP9383.JPG
IMGP9384.JPG

Thanks to all, it was my first time out (even missed saturday only coming out sunday) but it was great. Awesome atmosphere but what was really great was open practice and open track after the races!

Now that's value for the weekend!

Also great to meet everyone, see you out there again, hoping next time I'm not so rusty and can do a little better:)

Darcey

Glad you had at least a bit of fun this round. How was the drive home? I would also like to thank you for helping us out. So are you going to help with manual scoring next round??? hahaha:lol:

Thanks again dave. See ya in July.
Tracy

Well round 2 was a blast! Absolutely great racing, great weather and most importantly of all great people. As always the SOAR crew did an awesome job. I wanna give a specially shout out to Tracy and Michelle, these two worked tirelessly all weekend long to get the timing system up and running, setting up grids, dealing with all kinds of technical issues, and performing manual scoring as a backup. (Which I must say is incredibly hard and definitely not as easy as one would think! reading 15+ bike numbers in a pack separated by 3-4 seconds is not so easy.)

As it pertains to my little off roading low-side in turn 2, sorry guys for having the event red flagged I tried my best to keep it going as long as I could, you guys looked tired out there anyways! :rolleyes: A big thanks definitely goes to the marshals for calling it when they did, ems doing there thing and Ken and other helping to pick up all the pieces. I learned something, next time stay on the ground when in pain! :D

As always Vanessa and Tim were out there helping out from the TMP side of thing, thanks to both and all TMP staff.

Lastly today gave me an education in just what it takes to announce a race and keep on top of things, Lindsay is simply amazing, that all i've got to say about that.

Thanks to all who came by to lend a helping hand and to whom ever donated some meds, THANK YOU!

Dave P.

Great pictures. Thanks for coming out. I'm glad that everyone had some good times and hope to see you in July.

Tracy

I have to Echo what DaveP said,, Great weekend for me as well.

Well, Other than having one of the lenses fall out of my prescription sunglasses during Rookie qualifying and doing a a little 150kph dirt riding at the end of turn one during the Old Boys Race :(

Kudos to the whole SOAR crew and all the Marshalls for standing out there all day in the sun.

Here's a few pics
http://picasaweb.google.ca/pixelpixiephotography/2009SOARROUND2JUNE13TH14#

IMGP9166-1.JPG

IMGP9065.JPG
IMGP9070.JPG
IMGP9077.JPG
IMGP9093.JPG
IMGP9168.JPG
IMGP9227.JPG
IMGP9383.JPG
IMGP9384.JPG

looks like the bott middleweight used the qualifying race as the points race. I know Jody and myself did not run in that qualifier. Jody won the actual points race. I have already informed Ken.

looks like the bott middleweight used the qualifying race as the points race. I know Jody and myself did not run in that qualifier. Jody won the actual points race. I have already informed Ken.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I didn't do the qual, but I won the race hands down :)

Will there be lap times included for each racer in Round 2? I'm most curious about this, and did Rupert beat his old time?

Nope, his GSX-R1000 motor got blown up in round 1 and he didn't get it all up and running again for round 2, so he just used his 600. Think he's about 2-2.5 seconds slower on that thing.

Nope, his GSX-R1000 motor got blown up in round 1 and he didn't get it all up and running again for round 2, so he just used his 600. Think he's about 2-2.5 seconds slower on that thing.

Dont know he had his 09 1000 at the track. I am about to publish the secret 1800 number for Zoomius and y'all can get on them too. Dave P likely already has it. Its freakin rediculous that we are still waiting.

Back
Top Bottom