S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Hehe. Buzby was on Michelins which had around 110 laps on them BEFORE the races on Sunday.

Don't worry, you'll get there. Slipping and sliding is supposed to be fun... I think...

Here are the results except Vintage which was our error we left it in the server which went back to Nevada. Waiting for the info.

Clarington Cycle Old Boy’s Club

#1 Brent Strong E 1:19:778
#2 Doug Coulter N 1:20:271
#3 Don Gosen N 1:24:209
#4 Stuart Pilkington E 1:25:213
#5 John Reed N 1:24:860
#6 Lloyd Mark N 1:25:930
#7 Andre Fournier N 1:28:634
#8 Blain Fullbrook N DNS
#9 Ken Fischer N DNS

Blue Streak Racing Novice 600 Extreme

#1 Jeff Febwick 1:18:059
#2 Andrew Westbrook 1:17:902
#3 Michael Beven 1:18:810
#4 Jody Greening 1:16:614
#5 Mike Donaldson 1:19:592
#6 RJ Hrevnak 1:22:708
#7 Andrew Morrissey 1:23:699
#8 David Vu 1:26:799
#9 Jeffery Hy 1:20:127
#10 Ken Fischer DNS
#11 Doug Coulter DNS
#12 avid Picotte DNS

Blue Streak Racing Expert 600 Extreme

#1 Scott Rupert 1:16:095
#2 Robb Busby 1:16:440
#3 Mark Gibson 1:18:340
#4 Brent Strong 1:20:538

Lost Era Lightweight

#1 Dan Dubeau N 1:23:101
#2 Stuart Pilkington E 1:26:668

Lost Era Heavyweight

#1 Steve Hoffarth N 1:23:358
#2 Jeff Stephens N 1:23:749

Bickle Racing Formula Two Stroke Lightweight

#1 Joe Soles N 1:37:482
#2 Stuart Pilkington E 1:45:938

Sign-O-Rama Expert Open Sprint

#1 Robb Busby 1:17:301
#2 Mark Gibson 1:18:082
#3 Brent Strong 1:20:804
#4 Scott Rupert 1:15:918
#5 Ross Milson DNS

Sign-O-Rama Novice Open Sprint

#1 Michael Beven 1:18:713
#2 Dan Hudon 1:18:085
#3 Doug Coulter 1:19:052
#4 David Picotte DNS
#5 Jeffery Hy DNS

Orion Motorsports Novice Superbike

#1 Michael Beven 1:17: 976
#2 Andrew Westbrook 1:17:828
#3 Jeff Febwick 1:18:352
#4 Mike Donaldson 1:18:766
#5 Doug Coulter 1:20:308
#6 Dan Hudon 1:18:578
#7 Jeff Stephens DNS
#8 Ken Fischer DNS

Orion Motorsports Expert Superbike

#1 Scott Rupert 1:16:048
#2 Mark Gibson 1:17:193
#3 James Perreault 1:17:497
#4 Robb Busby 1:16:031
#5 Ross Milson DNS

GTA Motorcycles.com Battle of the Twins HW

#1 Robb Busby E 1:17:014
#2 Jody Greening N 1:19:443
#3 Alan “RICKY” Robb E 1:22:816
#4 Don Gosen N 1:24:938
#5 Steve Hoffarth N 1:22:635
#6 Jim Barton N 1:41:217
#7 Art Vanden Hoek N DNS

GTAM Battle of the Twins Middleweight

#1 Robb Busby E 1:16:948
#2 Jody Greening N 1:19:519
#3 Andre Fournier N 1:27:344
#4 Lloyd Mark N 1:27:528
#5 Brent Strong E 1:21:039
#6 RJ Hrevnak N 1:22:648
#7 Joe O’Hara N 1:28:622
#8 Jamie Jones N DNS

Gecko Forwarding Corp. Rookie Challenge

#1 Andrew Morrissey 1:22:672
#2 Paul Rosemond 1:23:011
#3 Dan Dubeau 1:21:902
#4 Steve Hoffarth 1:23:374
#5 Simon Baker 1:22:560
#6 John Reed 1:26:122
#7 Paul Rogers 1:28:345
#8 Jeff Stephens 1:29:072
#9 Joe Soles 1:36:224
#10 David Duy Vu DNS
#11 Doug Coulter DNS
#12 David Picotte DNS
#13 Joe O’Hara DNS
#14 Nicole Pilkington DNS

Hehe. Buzby was on Michelins which had around 110 laps on them BEFORE the races on Sunday.

Don't worry, you'll get there. Slipping and sliding is supposed to be fun... I think...

Yeah, Buzby sure made it look fun, but for some reason it wasn't as easy as he made it look!

Hey Gang!

Just wanted to stop in and say Thanks to Ken and the whole SOAR crew, Vanessa and the TMP gang, and of course all the Marshals who braved the horrific weather to keep us all safe. As bad as the weather was, it was still a great weekend of racing, it's about time TMP has a race series, kudos to Ken for finally making it a reality. If this weekend was any kind of indicator, it's gonna be a fun summer out at the track, only 31 more sleeps 'til Round 2...

Here is an email I got from Don he shot over 2000 pics. Some nice shots.

Hello All:

Photo highlights from the SOAR Race Day on Sunday are now available online.

Just go to www.RoyalImages.ca and scroll down a bit to click on the May 10th entry.

These are not all the photos from the event, which number well over two thousand.

If you are looking for anything in particular, drop me a line and I will check.

We can supply images on disk or professionally printed to any size. We do up to 13" x 19" prints in house.

Framing of your prints is available at cost.

Best regards... Don

Royal Images
Mississauga, ON
(416) 418-8861
www.RoyalImages.ca

Wow! What a weekend! I had a great time. Thanks to everyone in the SOAR and TMP camp!

As far as doing my first official round of being the Tech guy for SOAR I gotta say that you guys ( you too Nicole) that showed up, showed up to race! 99% of the bikes that got rolled up onto the tech stand were ready to go, prepped to within inches of perfection. I really have to say a big HATS OFF to everyone!!! Job well done. Look forward to seeing you all again next round!!!

Also I want to say Thank You to the group of RACERS I had the pleasure of teaching (passing bad habits onto) on Friday during the school. Great bunch of people!! I had a blast. Good luck this season!!

Cheers, Alan "Ricky" Robb

It was an amazing weekend! The weather sucked, but Ken has promised no more of that wind for the rest of the year! ;)

Thanks to Ken and everyone at SOAR for putting this together. It was great fun riding and watching. Thanks to all the Marshalls too who stood out on the track in the cold and wind so that we could have a great day of riding!

Well done everyone involved. Looking forward to June!! :D

Cheers!

Paul

looks like i did my fastest lap of the weekend in superbike (and the fastest lap of the race) which was the last race of the day!!! and the last race of the weekend
I raced, qualified and practiced on the same tires, and i also did all the sunday finals at shannonville from the weekend before on them,
the whole race i just had it in my head, that my dot tires now bald had been upgraded to slicks and could only get faster from there!! oops!
pushed a bit to hard into turn 2 and ran off the track into the 2 foot deep pond and fell over at about 5kph to a gentle wet stop
but that was a 1:16 on a 70 hp sv650 on my michelin tires with over 150 laps and more then one back to back race on them, they where still fine to ride 2 second position but greed got the better of me
THANKS WAYNE and MICHELIN (6 podiums on this 1 set of tires 5 wins and a second)
and thanks to scott for dangling that carrot so closely in front of my face to keep me pushing for all I had!!

looks like i did my fastest lap of the weekend in superbike (and the fastest lap of the race) which was the last race of the day!!! and the last race of the weekend
I raced, qualified and practiced on the same tires, and i also did all the sunday finals at shannonville from the weekend before on them,
the whole race i just had it in my head, that my dot tires now bald had been upgraded to slicks and could only get faster from there!! oops!
pushed a bit to hard into turn 2 and ran off the track into the 2 foot deep pond and fell over at about 5kph to a gentle wet stop
but that was a 1:16 on a 70 hp sv650 on my michelin tires with over 150 laps and more then one back to back race on them, they where still fine to ride 2 second position but greed got the better of me
THANKS WAYNE and MICHELIN (6 podiums on this 1 set of tires 5 wins and a second)
and thanks to scott for dangling that carrot so closely in front of my face to keep me pushing for all I had!!

haha...guess I should stop pi$$ing and moaning about my tires then eh? You and Scott put on quite a show all weekend (as well as some other riders). When you came around to lap me in the BOTT I thought to myself that it would be good to be behind you to learn some lines. And I did....through one corner only. :rolleyes:

Nice Job on the weekend Buzby. Hopefully next month I'll be able to learn lines through 2 corners from riding behind you.

Re: new track school for track newbs

You know that after she tries it your gonna have a big project on your hands getting her 250 all setup for the track right! That or she's gonna want her own R6... :) Wait a minute who's gonna take pics and joke around about how slow you are? :D

For anybody on the fence about doing this, all I can say is these guys are the best and keep me safe. Donald, Chris, Vin and Andre have all at one point or another taught me and I can't thank them enough, it's awesome they can be going at what you think is wicked fast showing you the correct line and meanwhile look back at you well doing it and give you feedback as your riding, doesn't get any better. I'd be doing the course, but Donald insist i'm not a newb anymore... :rolleyes:

Great Program Donald !,

Since it's a regular trackday during the day in July It would be a good opportunity for me to do a trackday then the wife could try it out after on her baby ninja..

You know that after she tries it your gonna have a big project on your hands getting her 250 all setup for the track right! That or she's gonna want her own R6... :) Wait a minute who's gonna take pics and joke around about how slow you are? :D

I've already got got 6 bikes squeezed in the garage, I don't think any more would fit............................................... Who am I kidding,, There's always room for more bikes :)

I'll be doing the course, Donald insists i'm still a newb.... :rolleyes:

Fixed your typo ;)

Lets make this interesting So who is the slowest rider DaveP or CBRJOHN? I guess I have to wait and see the races.

Lets make this interesting So who is the slowest rider DaveP or CBRJOHN? I guess I have to wait and see the races.
Guess we'll find out in 10 days ;)..

In all honesty, Dave and I are almost exactly the same speed. At the first round our qualifying times were .010 seconds apart.. He didn't make the final because of mechanical problems.

We've both been progressing at lowering our lap times at about the same pace. And I know I had a ball dicing it up with Dave at the last TMP track day.
Each one of us is faster than the other on different parts of the track. But the overall lap times are very close..

We'll see the effect that Toastman tuning Dave's suspension will have on lap times.

I was talking to the Wifey last night, As she's a SOAR Marshall and comes to the trackdays she sees the speeds done on those days.. She's a street rider and has never done track speeds..

With the high student to instructor ratio will the riders be grouped and the speeds progressed at the riders comfort levels ? Fast lap times aren't her concern.. She's just interested in seeing what it's all about..

Last edited:

Ya I talk allot of smack but i'm still slow! John's bang on we run virtually identical lap times, actualy it's kind of a 3-way right now with John, Simon and me, all virtually identical times... I've got a few tricks I wanna try... :rolleyes:

Guess we'll find out in 10 days ;)..

In all honesty, Dave and I are almost exactly the same speed. At the first round our qualifying times were .010 seconds apart.. He didn't make the final because of mechanical problems.

We've both been progressing at lowering our lap times at about the same pace. And I know I had a ball dicing it up with Dave at the last TMP track day.
Each one of us is faster than the other on different parts of the track. But the overall lap times are very close..

We'll see the effect that Toastman tuning Dave's suspension will have on lap times.

I was talking to the Wifey last night, As she's a SOAR Marshall and comes to the trackdays she sees the speeds done on those days.. She's a street rider and has never done track speeds..

With the high student to instructor ratio will the riders be grouped and the speeds progressed at the riders comfort levels ? Fast lap times aren't her concern.. She's just interested in seeing what it's all about..

Ya I talk allot of smack but i'm still slow! John's bang on we run virtually identical lap times, actualy it's kind of a 3-way right now with John, Simon and me, all virtually identical times... I've got a few tricks I wanna try... :rolleyes:

Going the James Bond route with the bike? It's not a Harley so you can't use the oil slick ... machine guns and jet engine? It's all good if you save the girl in the end.

Bah, Ditch the new bike, pick up something 12 years old and come get lost :D

I'm coming out for a try at racing on the June 13/14, maybe I'll be the new slowest!!!
only been on that track twice, and I cant make the Fri. practice, good chance I'll win the slowest title...
Can't wait to find out!

I'm coming out for a try at racing on the June 13/14, maybe I'll be the new slowest!!!
only been on that track twice, and I cant make the Fri. practice, good chance I'll win the slowest title...
Can't wait to find out!

Good to hear you'll be joining us. I'm sure you have already, but make sure you have your license requirements in place. If you have not already got a SOAR license. You cannot just show up and race. In order to obtain a SOAR license, you will need to ensure that you have taken a school.

Back
Top Bottom