Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

Recovering from the UTi slower than normal but likely due to the catheter which is due to be changed tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what he says.
Weather is delightful 25 but more rain coming

Colliding showers :unsure:
Top left is moving south....likely coming down the range while bottom right is carrying on the prevailing NE windflow off the Pacific which keeps our top temps damped down.

Perfect sleeping weather but have to wait for the bean soup to finish ...did not leave them on boil long enough.
Still enjoying Marc Travels...they are doing okayin Tunisia.
🍿

Now this is pushing the envelope :oops: tho I imagine having that torque was very useful.
The quiet is just so neat. (y)
Very impressed with the drone tracking behind him.
and this clearly not in the design brief.:eek: and yes it got deeper!!
Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at Mar, 18    2024    12.28.06 AM.jpg
0 degrees and snowing and he's charging
1710686098465.png
Had no idea of Albania at all. Pretty spectacular terrain and good food.

Last edited:
Can't wait for my electric to get here. It's taking forever. Almost 3 months now.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at Mar, 18    2024    1.31.08 AM.jpg
Noraly NOT on her bike this time - not allowed in the game park
But even some elephants and impala while she was riding to get there.
I have a tenuous relationship with Zambia ( formerly Northern Rhodesia )
My nephew and niece were born there and my sister and brother-in-law went there on a CEDA program in the 60s and were instrumental in the transition to independence as Zambia. Pretty sure the few keepsakes I had from the time went to my daughter as nothing organic, wood, skin etc can come to Australia.

I really had no sense of the country ....the world was much less knit then and many journeys to Africa were by boat. I was 16 and a very new driver when we picked the family up from the Port of Montreal and I drove all the way home to Ridgeway through the night.
The 401 was only partially finished, my dads 10 passenger station wagon had a huge fuel range and everyone fell asleep and I just drove on.... :oops: too young and stupid to pull over.
I still recall my dad literally carrying me into the house. We never discussed it but I'm sure he was appalled he fell asleep and I kept driving.
I've always enjoyed long drives and even at night but still have flashbacks to that insane drive....the backs of transport trucks all lit up and at crazy speeds in the wee hours on the mostly complete but still under construction 401.
Could easily been the end of three generations. :rolleyes:

There is a longer tale not for public consumption of their sojourn in Zambia. I'm going to chase down some movies and pictures of Lusaka from the early 60s to try and get a sense of why they stayed through independence. It certainly is a gorgeous nation and a heart wrenching spiral into rogue nation and economic catastrophe not all self inflicted.
It is refreshing to see at least Lusaka looking very upbeat and modern...maybe there will be a recovery for the nation :unsure:
Maybe some hopeful progress

Last edited:
Got my catheter changed.... turned out there was no infection ...just a clogged catheter so best I'm going into operation with no infection. Doc said just keep taking the 1,000 mm a day of the a/b.
Hopefully as of Thursday no more catheters and easy pees
Might get a ride in then since no infection. (y)

The charger situation is insane ....there are no prices shown even when plugged and you only know your cost when you access the app.
Can you imagine gas stations with no prices anywhere. :eek:

Last edited:
Madagascar too cool

It is very tempting for a ride as no rain and cloudy so quite cool but....operation tomorrow.
Think caution will prevail....getting old sucks.

An exotic stop for Lavi and Ollie getting close to finishing Around the World venture.

Marc just covered exactly what I loved about riding the Burgman 650 in the twists.
cept he's got power in spades and quiet.
I suspect bike weights were about the same.
Roll and go....:D Had a good 100k km on those Burgmans....trouble free but for eating tires.
2004_suzuki_an_650_burgman_abs__02_1024.jpg
THe ST1100 I had here had the power but nowhere near the handling in the twists and more work to ride hard. It had the same brake chuddering Marc has not been able to solve.
Plus of course riding in the heat not comfortable in traffic...but it was THE most comfortable bike at speed - so quiet behind the touring screen.
1__#$!@%!#__1__#$!@%!#__1__#$!@%!#__Pasted Graphic 1.tiff
Dated look but hey - that original Honda red factory paint from 1993 still looking lovely !!

Last edited:
This was a routine non invasive operation that 80% of men who make it to 80 need and 70% - like me - wait a decade or more to have. I have more discomfort from the port in my wrist and dental appointments.

The big bags are saline to flush the remains of the boring. I am in no pain whatsoever.

Plumbing is doing fine but post op headache !!! :eek: ....very common, is very nasty. The usual tricks not really working yet but some late night sandwiches just arrived 👼👼

Ah headache killer pill. Giant breakfast regular leg bag and some clothes layers. Sitting outside and can just see Pacific.

New to me toy to take home and help with O2

Add good lunch to list - bet I'll be up a kg :whistle:
Still no discomfort from operation. (y)

Only coming risk tomorrow is if I can't pee on my own...nine months eh:unsure:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom