Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia | Page 72 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding Down Under - Tropical Cairns Australia

30c and 75% humidity not the best time to try out my Temu haul
Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at Feb, 27    2024    6.17.44 PM.jpg
Main goal with the gaudy overpants was to get something so the rain did not get into the top of my boots. I still might opt for gaiters but the over pants in nice bright orange with reflective stripes and adjustable boot closure snaps will seem to do the trick and go on easily over the RevIt armoured pants.
Question is if they will go over my size 12 boots without removing them :unsure:
Likely just slip out of the boots when I see rain ahead . We'll see....

That's where it started....then clever Temu pulled out their suggestions,

photo sensitive sunglasses in white for $5 ?... sure.
I prefer riding glasses and they are a another layer in a rain storm. I tried some Rainex on my visor and the glasses the other day and it beads well.
premium one piece polarized photochromic outdoor cycling sunglasses for men women sports party vacation travel driving fishing supplies photo props details 0

Screen Shot 2024-02-27 at Feb, 27    2024    6.54.00 PM.jpg
Nother set of padded riding undershorts .....my Airhawk has just about bit the dust and this has padding in the right place....wearing them now in my office chair...we'll see on a ride. It's $ 50 to relace the AirHawk COVER from Airhawk....will see how these work.
Was maybe ambitious ordering 40-42 but my weight is staying down ...from 132 pre accident to now 113kg and some extra room available...actually have to buy a new leather belt. The design on the padded shorts has velcro closure which offers some adjustment.

Hawaiian shirt that fits and under $20 ...yep and it does. Lighter than most of the shirts I have.

and finally
1709023587682.png
Logo on the shorts made me smile. Shorts are soft and comfy.

Attachments

• 1709024006107.png
    1709024006107.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 1
RevIt Pants are not water proof - generally it is too hot to wear waterproof gear and you dry out right quick in tropical sun.
Enough runs down inside the pants to get into the top of the boots...and some showers are frog stranglers..I can get soaked a km from home ..then the sun comes out and dries most of the gear by the end of the ride.
In the humidity here, the boots take a long time to dry.
,,,and no the pants are not tucked in. :rolleyes:
These showers roll in all day. Would not and did not go out when it is that dense but lighter days can see showers coming and dodge them....not always tho
Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at Feb, 28    2024    3.13.32 PM.jpg

Last edited:
It finally happened....
Bit fatigued from a good long ride today up to Herberton and headed for bed early ...muzzy teeth so decided to brush.....
My shave creme is in a squeeze tube that shares a cup with my tooth paste...
Knew it would happen sooner or later...gotta a good mouth of foam err lather worked up before it really sank in ....:eek::sick:

The only positive thing...it could have been the antisepic cream :unsure:

Yum -

Buried in an audio book - tired from yesterdays ride.
Caved in to the carnivore and called the Bowls Club to see if the ribs were still on special.....yup (y)
Stuffed my face ( had not had lunch ) but still had lots left which I brought home. They have excellent cole slaw which was new to me.
I think watching the Alone series has upped my carnivorous urges.

Glad to see you're recovering from your Canadian summer ordeal and immersed in Australian summer.

I recall that you bought some MC boots that you believed would be good for both riding and walking about. I'm curious if you've formed an opinion about them and which ones they were.

Given my limp mode for walking they are comfie enough.
For riding they are fine but I get rain running in from the top - the RevIt pants are not waterproof so I actually bought some rain pants ( see above ). Soles are grippy enough and they are very adjustable..
Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at Sep, 29    2023    11.50.17 PM.jpg

The Forma Adventure Low Boots are perfect for adventure touring riders with larger calves. Equipped with a vintage leather finish and Drytex waterproof/breathable lining, the Adventure Low Boots keep your feet dry without limiting range of motion. The double density sole offers superb grip on the bike and gives riders a comfortable, grippy surface to walk on and off the bike. Integrated TPU inserts and reinforcements provide protection from impact injuries and unbreakable GH plastic buckles ensure you won't be sidelined if you have a tip over. Specially designed dual-use pilots, Forma Adventure boots combine the comfort and flexibility of a road boot with the protective features of off-road boots.

Features
  • Full-grain Oiled Leather upper
  • Mid-height design
  • Personalized Forma Drytex tubular lining waterproof and breathable
  • Vintage leather finish
  • Lightweight construction
  • Specific adventure/ enduro/atv-quad double density compound rubber sole
  • Plastic gear pad protection
  • Double Adjustable Straps and Velcro® brand closure
  • Unbreakable GH plastic buckles, replaceable and adjustable
  • Ankle TPU internal moulded plastic protection
  • Injection moulded plastic protections
  • Shin and ankle TPU moulded plastic protections
  • Special nylon mid-sole with steel shank
  • PP Mid Dual Flex with anti-shock EVA midsole
  • Extra soft polymer padding with memory foam
  • Anti-bacterial replaceable footbed with A.P.S. (Air Pump System)
  • CE Certified

Last edited:
Looks good for a ride today
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at Mar, 7    2024    3.22.15 AM.jpg
Civilized temps tho a tad windy.

Had fun last night out to trivia at a brew pub tho my age and hearing issues were showing.....name 9 Taylor Swift songs ...c'mon naw
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at Mar, 7    2024    3.51.55 AM.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-07 at Mar, 7    2024    3.51.02 AM.jpg
Will be interesting when I get my AirPods for hearing assist.
I can park the phone in the middle of the table and set it up easily. (y)

More rain.
Operation is paid for tho most is covered by private
Might not get another ride in before the operation and likely a month after.
Got lots to watch. 📺

(y) Perfect.
Moving into lovely zone ...have not touched the a/c for a week - going down to 24 tonight and 29 tomorrow.
Bit drippy but I want to watch the Oscars starting 10 am so tomorrow looking good.
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at Mar, 11    2024    4.26.01 AM.jpg

Senior moment...took my Ozempic a day early. :unsure::cautious:

Watching Itchyboots fightly sand in Zambia ( some long ago and far away personal history there ) and Lavi and Olly in Georgia ( looks lovely) and waiting on Oscars.

Last edited:
Watching Alone Australia which was set up in Tasmania in winter which by coincidence is when we will be going next June. Will get use of the warm wool socks and rain gear we bought for Patagonia and did not get to use.
Wet and cold and half the time we are spending is on the wild west coast area,

Enter the western wilds. This is where Tasmanian tigers roamed and pioneers forged rugged wilderness.
Step back in time and unearth stories of convict courage and boom-and-bust mining fortunes. There are real-life ghost towns here.

The west is a region of World Heritage-listed wilderness: cool-temperate rainforest, alpine plains, mountains and glacial valleys, wild rivers, deep lakes and windswept coasts.

Remote. Raw. Untamed. Like nowhere else.
seems right..... ;)

Skybury has free internet - nice - what a gorgeous day.
Nice ride up and this seems to work a treat. Fit well under the riding pants and nno chafing so far.
1710290256401.png

breathable 3d protection gear for hip butt and tailbone protective padded impact shorts details 1

One of my best bird shots ever was right from where I am having scones and coffee.
1710291307559.png
Did not even have to get up. An Audubon shot of a usually very flighty birds ...in lust.

babblers best.jpg
female had a skeptical look.Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at Mar, 13    2024    10.44.46 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Beginning at the start with the EV mcycle around the world. I've caught a few episodes before with Lavi and Ollie accompanying him
It's spooky listening to the narration with no motor noise and he is personable.
Do like the look of his bike
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at Mar, 14    2024    8.47.03 PM.jpg
Enjoying it
Really good feed too.

Noticed a guy silently winging by on a eScoot tonight.....very cool.

Last edited:
We did Scotland 500 by cage a few years back...would have been lovely by mcycle
my photo same route
Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at Mar, 15    2024    5.16.58 AM.jpg
Lot's of one lane roads and seriously 1 lane - there were enough cut outs tho.
1710444469298.png
Reminds me of bopping around Ontario on the back roads on the RD400 and zilch luggage.
144 was ahem exciting in the dark with just a single front turn single til I found a streetlight in Sudbury and fixed the fuse.

He makes me laugh and I love his music choices.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The pair has fled S - now in Italy in the off season.
Never been but seeing Pompeii was very impressive
I only remember it from National Geo decades ago.

Nice to see a guy so besotted with his ride (y)
The thrills stick and with his new battery his range has improved greatly. The bike is terrific ...the charging structure mess not so much ....so many not working :eek: or requiring hoops to jump through. Really needs some common standards.

Back
Top Bottom