Revzilla now offering $35 flat rate shipping to Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Revzilla now offering $35 flat rate shipping to Canada

Wind Shear

Site Supporter
I saw this popped up recently on their webpage

1709916193918.png

Curious to see how it plays out, what shipping method they use, if it's worth the exchange rate, duties and/or any additional "fees" a shipper might tag on (Fedex crooks)

I find their stock tends to ebb and flow similar to Fortnine, many things tend to get flagged "out of stock". But sometimes they have better selection on items or brands that aren't available on Fortnine.

View attachment 66459

Curious to see how it plays out, what shipping method they use, if it's worth the exchange rate, duties and/or any additional "fees" a shipper might tag on (Fedex crooks)

I find their stock tends to ebb and flow similar to Fortnine, many things tend to get flagged "out of stock". But sometimes they have better selection on items or brands that aren't available on Fortnine.
That’s for items they’re allowed to sell in Canada, most of their suppliers don’t want their products shipped to try and protect their Canadian dealers

View attachment 66459

I haven’t looked lately but European dealers offered better value than revzilla in the past and you can get access to top tier helmet brands through them too.

I haven’t looked lately but European dealers offered better value than revzilla in the past and you can get access to top tier helmet brands through them too.
Couldn't get a neotec from Europe can you get them from the US? Looks like Revzilla only has the 2 which seems overpriced, since the 3 has been out for a while now. 599 US for the 2 vs 1290 Cdn for the 3 at GP. Might be worth a European vacation.

Last edited:
Couldn't get a neotec from Europe can you get them from the US? Looks like Revzilla only has the 2 which seems overpriced, since the 3 has been out for a while now. 599 US for the 2 vs 1290 Cdn for the 3 at GP. Might be worth a European vacation.

Carpimoto (Italy) and the German online dealers were my go to. I “thought” you could get Shoei and Arai through them but maybe they stopped that.

Failing that there used to be a dealer on the ADV forums that would happily ship Arai and Shoei to Canadians.

That’s for items they’re allowed to sell in Canada, most of their suppliers don’t want their products shipped to try and protect their Canadian dealers

What are they not allowed to sell?

I bought the Yamaha "official accessory" cargo rack for my new ride from Partzilla (vs Revzilla) and they didn't seem to have any restrictions whatsoever when I was looking around, so I'm curious why Revzilla might be putting themselves at a disadvantage.

Even with the exchange and costs associated with getting it here via Shippsy, I still saved somewhere between $100 to $150 vs the insane price local dealers were asking.

1709949958199.png

I'm all for supporting local, but sorry, this stupid thing was $300 as is it was ordering from the USA, but I got quoted $400 from one Yamaha dealer, and north of $500 from another. For a bloody cargo rack.....

Any brand which has an existing distributor relationship with Canada is not allowed to be resold from another country, like SW-Motech, BMW, REV'IT!, Shoei, Arai, etc.

Yes, most distributors protect their relationship with brands by agreeing to respect distributorships in other countries. In Canada, Parts Canada, Motovan etc...... pretty much own the market. You can get around this by using a company like Shipsey as a ship to point in the U.S. They receive the goods and then transfer them across the border to a pickup location. You could also get a mailbox in Niagara Falls or Buffalo and drop by occasionally to pick up goods if the hassle is worth it to you.

You need to check out both U.S. and CAN net cost to determine if purchasing offshore and importing it makes financial sense. With the dollar the way it is many OEM and third party net costs end up being pretty much the same. If so, or is marginally higher I like to support Canadian vendors.

Reactions: TK4
If so, or is marginally higher I like to support Canadian vendors.

Unfortunately it's far more than "marginally" for many. I get it, our market is smaller, costs can be higher, but there still seems to be a rediculous markup on a lot of products on our side vs south of the border, and that's hard to justify in many circumstances. I'd have loved to buy that cargo rack on this side of the border, but sorry, $300 and pickup at Shippsy in Pickering vs basically $500 I was quoted at one local Yamaha dealer, well, no bueno.

I think a lot of physical shops here have started to realize they were getting eaten alive by online sales and have started lowering their margins to get the business (and open up relationship so people come back, it works), but not all have got the message and are just quoting Canadian MSRP from the computer systems instead of realizing that they're not going to get a sale at those prices. Motorcycle tires was a good example, a lot of places were getting killed on pricing when compared to FortNine or Pete's for example, so people were just ordering their tires there and then taking them somewhere to get mounted. I noticed the last few tires I ordered the shops were FAR closer to the online prices I was finding, meaning the shops have decided a lower margin (but a potential longer term customer) made sense.

Unfortunately it's far more than "marginally" for many.

Like I said, you have to check the difference in net cost by item.

We have a number of issues. The national distributors in our small market locked up distribution rights for many brands decades ago. Prior to online access for us, the customer, all of us were pretty much tied to the dealers these distributors sold to. Dealers had to toe the line, IMO dealer profits were small, distributor profits were large.

I can see the advantage of a U.S. brand contracting with one major distributor 20 - 25 years ago to handle all Canadian sales. A simple solution to a huge geographic area with likely <10% of the potentials sales vs. the U.S. market. One or two ship points and a minimal number of invoices to deal with. What's the downside for them? They get the sale through Motovan or Parts Canada or they get the sale through a U.S. vendor who sells and ships directly to Canada or through a logistics provider like Shipsy. Relative margins? Who knows.

Over time the influence of Motovan and Parts Canada on the canadian market will be reduced, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Schuberth C5 is $631.63 Canadian shipped from Europe.

I can see the advantage of a U.S. brand contracting with one major distributor 20 - 25 years ago to handle all Canadian sales. A simple solution to a huge geographic area with likely <10% of the potentials sales vs. the U.S. market. One or two ship points and a minimal number of invoices to deal with. What's the downside for them? They get the sale through Motovan or Parts Canada or they get the sale through a U.S. vendor who sells and ships directly to Canada or through a logistics provider like Shipsy. Relative margins? Who knows.

I've worked for a multinational manufacturer with a US HQ. Initially, they tried to run Canada through the US, but realized that with the complexities of legalities, tariffs and currency FX fluctuations, it made much more sense setting up a tiny Canadian company with its own national distrubutors rather than run it through existing US distributors.

Largest headache is FX swings which could potentially lose the company major $$$ if they don't hedge the currency properly.

Canadian distributors take on the FX market liability by building in a healthy profit margin. Even if the USD/CAD moves unfavorably by 10-15 points, their margins will ensure they still make a profit rather than take a loss per transaction.

This way, the US manufacturer is spared this headache, as well as trying to explain to their CDN customers why their widget on their online store is a different price every 24 hours...

$300 and pickup at Shippsy in Pickering vs basically $500 I was quoted at one local Yamaha dealer, well, no bueno.

Especially if there's a good chance the timeline of the local dealer actually having the part(s) in their possession for you to then drive there and pick up may be longer than having it shipped from the US/Europe for 35% less money. The only reason I can see paying the premium is if it's a time sensitive item you need ASAP that the dealer has in stock.

Schuberth C5 is $631.63 Canadian shipped from Europe.
Not a 100% sure on this, But the company that was going out of business in oakville last yr had a few of that brand helmets. They were really asking a cheap clear out price..

Does anyone know who or what company ended up with the remains? I'm looking for a replacement helmet

Not a 100% sure on this, But the company that was going out of business in oakville last yr had a few of that brand helmets. They were really asking a cheap clear out price..

Does anyone know who or what company ended up with the remains? I'm looking for a replacement helmet
Rider's Choice had some C3 Pro helmets on at decent prices.
Their website appears to be down at the moment:
https://riderschoice.ca/product/schuberth-c3-pro-gloss-white/

I am pretty sure Regear ended up with all the left overs from the Yamaha sale.

$35 USD is closer (today) to $50 CAD for your shipping, plus wait times and possible duties.
Tack that on top of what your local vendor (instore or online) charges and tell me the difference.
Brick and mortar stores are either disappearing or morphing into big layouts (think GP Bikes or any HD dealer) for all kinds of reasons.
When the small guys are gone that's it, they're gone. The small independent repair shops don't or won't stock apparel or hard accessories.
What's the final answer ? I don't know...

$35 USD is closer (today) to $50 CAD for your shipping, plus wait times and possible duties.

They're not losing money at that rate, that's for sure. Their $35 flat rate is a $5 flat rate lower 48, so should be $20ish flat rate to Canada.

Last edited:
Not much good to me. Tried a few items -- not available for shipment to Canada.

I wish Rock Auto had motorcycle parts.

Back
Top Bottom