Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 74 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Robocop. Was so-so enjoyable. Went in with low expectations. Bike looked cool. Made me want to ride mine really badly.

Yeah, this sums up Robocop nicely. The plot jumps around a bit, but good acting from Oldman and Keaton. Decent cast holds it together, bike was cool.

"Knights of Badassdom" - I really wanted to like this. After all it stars Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, and Summer Glau. Unfortunately it's meh. Left me thinking that it was a missed opportunity, though the comment about Summer's +3 butt was bang on. Maybe even +4.

"Knights of Badassdom" - I really wanted to like this. After all it stars Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, and Summer Glau. Unfortunately it's meh. Left me thinking that it was a missed opportunity, though the comment about Summer's +3 butt was bang on. Maybe even +4.

I thought more like a critical hit, +20

Dallas Buyers Club - You definitely have to be in the right frame of mind. McConaughey owned the roll.

Rush - Found it quite good.

The Counselor- I think it tried too hard to keep the style and mystic a little too cool that is just became boring. There was enough good bits to keep me watching but, at the end I can't say it was really all that good.

Last Vegas - A couple of chuckles but, expected better.

Escape Plan - Sylvester and Arnold, nuff said.

Captain Phillips - Very well done. Gripping

Jobs - Was good. Could have been so much better.

World War Z - Not bad at all.

The Heat - Was a riot. Laughed my butt off.

Runner runner - low expectations were pleasantly exceeded.

Prisoners - Outstanding.

Can't wait for spring. Longest winter ever. Need to get out and ride.

Last edited:
Escape Plan - could have been better but not a waste of time. More action-oriented and the prison escape stuff was pretty thin and predictable

Non-Stop. Liam Neeson. Produced by StudioCANAL (the makers of the Taken and Taken 2 movies).

If you liked Taken, you'll like this. It's not great, but it is a good action flick. Nice whodunit feel to it.

47 Ronin - A good samarai movie based on actual event.

Oldboy - 2hrs of awesomeness. A combination of Pulp Fiction/Kill Bill/Lucky Number Sleven. It'll keep your attention.

Oldboy is a classic. It is part of a trilogy, but I never got around to watching the others.

Recently watched some Oscar winners:
12 Years a slave - Good performances by all. I honestly feel it could have been better but it was still a good movie.

20 Feet from stardom - Good documentary on the life of backup singers and how they are the sound and hook of many of the greatest songs of all time.

I just saw non stop at the theater.... pretty good movie... Worth the price of admission

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oldboy sounds interesting.. I'll try to catch the Korean version. Of course Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance first and after Oldboy it's Sympathy for Lady Vengeance time ;)

Frozen - Yes, was actually surprised how good it was. and had a few decent laughs as well
Delivery Man - No, not really funny. story line.. sucked
Saving Mr Banks. - Meh, maybe if you like M poppins, but otherwise took a while to really get into it. otherwise it had a decent story.

Havent seen the remake. The original is very good.

The only decent remake of a good Asian movie that I can think of was Infernal Affairs. I think The Departed won some Oscars and I found it to be inferior to the original lol

The only decent remake of a good Asian movie that I can think of was Infernal Affairs. I think The Departed won some Oscars and I found it to be inferior to the original lol

Some people like the American remakes of Akira Kurosawa's movies. For example the Bruce Willis movie "Last Man Standing" ("Yojimbo") and "The Magnificent Seven" ("Seven Samurai").

Last edited:
Some people like the American remakes of Akira Kurosawa's movies. For example the Bruse Willis movie "Last Man Standing" ("Yojimbo") and "The Magnificent Seven" ("Seven Samurai").

Good points.. Last Man Standing wasn't bad but didn't blow me off my feet, The Magnificent Seven was quite good.. Another Yojimbo remake for those who like Ong Bak-style action movies is Dragon Eyes. I think they have it on Netflix. Not bad for a bit of asskickery but can't compare to the original.

saw 300 rise of an empire. It was okay. Not as good as the first one. Like most sequels this one tries to outdo the original, but failed.

Back
Top Bottom