Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 111 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was one of the few times where I felt IMAX was actually worth the money but LOL @ you for wanting to climb after watching that. No thanks.

Why would you climb Everest? Because it is there.....right? ;)
Seems like a worst case scenario kinda thing. I'm sure nowadays it's a little more well planned out. Did some research and about 13 ish people have died each year in the past couple years. This year it was closed for climbing.

Plus the way they died didn't seem that bad. If I was gonna go I'd go that way. Lack of oxygen in the air, cold temperatures = making it as painless as possible.

More people die on motorcycles probably in Canada alone. And if I had to choose between going on a bike vs going on Everest, I'd choose Everest.

Last edited:
I liked the book and looking forward to the movie as well. Apparently the role was made for Matt Damon.

Watched The Martian last night, good movie well worth seeing it in 3D....kinda makes you wonder...what if?

I know it's old now but couldn't sleep and scrolled through Netflix.

Nightcrawler good in a disturbing way. Lead character is creepy/geeky which is a nod to Jake's acting chops.

Was avoiding it for some reason and shouldn't have.

Two thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the suggestion. Caught it on Netflix today and really enjoyed it...wife....not so much.

Tomorrow may try to finish 'Imitation Game'.

Just got Shomi. Should have some input for this thread soon.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

How so? The book was first released online chapter by chapter when no publisher would publish the book. How exactly does Andy Weir go from nowhere to "I think i'll write this role specifically for Matt Damon"?

In late 2009, he started posting The Martian chapter by chapter. “It was a serial,” he says. “I never thought it would be more than that.” Readers loved it, though, and soon they were asking if he would make it available for the Kindle. Weir obliged, using Amazon’s self-publishing arm and setting the price at the minimum of 99 cents. By early 2013, The Martian had become a top sci-fi title, selling 35,000 copies in four months.

I liked the book and looking forward to the movie as well. Apparently the role was made for Matt Damon.

I loved the book, the technical jargon and explanations work well with my technical imagination and it was a great storyline. The movie definitivey shortened and cut out a bunch of stuff but overall hasnt strayed too far from the book. I'm looking at you World War Z!!!!

I'm very behind...I just watched Interstellar....some of it was OK but mostly I wish I got my 2+ h back.

Knock Knock will get the Golden Raspberry Award for worst movie of the year.

The Martian is very good. Worth the time and money.

Saw it over the weekend. It was an enjoyable movie. Worth watching.

How so? The book was first released online chapter by chapter when no publisher would publish the book. How exactly does Andy Weir go from nowhere to "I think i'll write this role specifically for Matt Damon"?

Just reciting what I read somewhere a while back after I had read the book. If I can find it I'll link it. It's not to say that he knew his book would become a film, just that he pictured Matt Damon as Mark Watney. Nothing really odd about that.

Alan Tudyk's "Con Man" - Glad I backed it, because it was as good as I'd hoped. It should be going live for general viewing on Vimeo soon.

Watched Racing Extinction at "Doc Soup" by Hot Docs at Bloor Cinema last week. Pretty good movie. Thought it would have more car / racing stuff in it than it actually did though (didn't really have much of any).

Different type of movie than most listed here.

Watched Foxcatcher on Netflix last night. Not to bad for a bio drama. Maybe 5 out 10? John du Pont was crazier then a shithouse rat.

Watched Martian. I think I prefer the Sandra Bullock movie because it was the original. Ok movie nonetheless. I'm not too sure Mars has such large storms, I have to look it up

Back
Top Bottom