Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 102 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Furious 7 wasn't too bad imo. Not the best of the series but not the worst either. Mia's starting to look older now but she's still my fav.

The Kingsman was pretty bad. From reviews I though it was going to be a bit more adult humour but it wasn't.

Furious 7 was stupid how exaggerated it was.

I watched the rambo series again this weekend. Very different than today's badass. I really enjoyed it. It was interesting how cops, the government and afghanis were portrayed back then.

Forced myself to finally sit through the last half of "The Desolation of Smaug" and "The Battle of the Five Armies." My God; how could someone do such a good job of representing a three book series, then so horribly drop the ball turning a single, short book into three movies?! I'm big on suspension of disbelief, in order to enjoy a movie, but when things smack you hard in the face like that, how can you ignore them? Gravity is gravity.

For anyone who hasn't seen the trilogy yet, especially if you're a fan of Tolkien's work, for the love of God don't subject yourself to these abortions.

Forced myself to finally sit through the last half of "The Desolation of Smaug" and "The Battle of the Five Armies." My God; how could someone do such a good job of representing a three book series, then so horribly drop the ball turning a single, short book into three movies?! I'm big on suspension of disbelief, in order to enjoy a movie, but when things smack you hard in the face like that, how can you ignore them? Gravity is gravity.

For anyone who hasn't seen the trilogy yet, especially if you're a fan of Tolkien's work, for the love of God don't subject yourself to these abortions.

Money. Plain and simple, money.

Watched Avengers on Fri. Enjoyed it a lot. Same format as the first one. A bit too much overload on action and jokes though. Hawkeye making fun of himself was amusing.

just watched Avengers: Age of Ultron. decent movie. i wouldn't pay to watch it again, but it was a good 2 1/2 hours of mindless fun. Ultron was probably the best part of that movie.

just watched Avengers: Age of Ultron. decent movie. i wouldn't pay to watch it again, but it was a good 2 1/2 hours of mindless fun. Ultron was probably the best part of that movie.

Been talking about it with a film maker friend. He's convinced that it was one of those projects in which the studio just had to meddle, to add in tired old standard scenes.

funny, i was reading about joss whedon etc, and he's pretty upset with Marvel right now with trying to meddle with it. i wasn't really expecting much when i went to watch it. so enjoyable. waiting for BvsS, suicide squad and all the DC movies.

also, fiancee wanted to watch the new updated Cinderella movie... actually pretty good. LOL. in my honest opinion, better than the original.

funny, i was reading about joss whedon etc, and he's pretty upset with Marvel right now with trying to meddle with it. i wasn't really expecting much when i went to watch it. so enjoyable. waiting for BvsS, suicide squad and all the DC movies.

also, fiancee wanted to watch the new updated Cinderella movie... actually pretty good. LOL. in my honest opinion, better than the original.

I haven't seen anything about Whedon being upset with the studio for meddling. The only thing that he posted, himself, is that he needs to get away from the online noise so that he can get back to writing.

*EDIT* Apparently I missed a few comments from Whedon, or so The Chobot says:

[video=youtube;LX3rIobFDuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3rIobFDuw[/video]

Saw Age of Ultron yesterday. Not a bad flick. I like how you have the sense that its a much bigger universe unfolding with each movie. I liked the action although the ending action sequence was a bit too long.

Saw Age of Ultron yesterday. Not a bad flick. I like how you have the sense that its a much bigger universe unfolding with each movie. I liked the action although the ending action sequence was a bit too long.
The problem is that the movies don't really stand on their own any more. Such as this one. Movie is 6/10. Yes, it sets up a lot of stuff but as a stand alone movie it was mehhh. Story line? w00t? So many characters and not a single ounce of character development or much of a story (except for maybe Hawkeye). When people die, you're just like.......mehhhh, could not care less. Still worth watching and entertaining, but nothing special.

When I tried to watch it again, I had to stop halfway through. It's a pretty boring linear movie. Unlike some of the DC titles like Watchmen. Maybe I'm baised. I find anything Marvel so boring. It's always about their powers and not about the actual lives of the characters.

Watchmen is one of the best written comics series of all time. Each character is multi-dimensional and has depth. I can't really see any comic movie surpassing it story wise any time soon.

agreed. i love how complex each character is in it. and that's what brings DC in the forefront vs Marvel (talking about everything liek comics etc). i read my fair share of comics, and that's what sets DC apart. even someone as (hate to say it cause he's everywhere now) over done like Batman or Superman, DC always finds a way to make their character and all other supporting characters unique and complex. recently keeping up with the new 52 and i love how they can reimagine and put new spins on such old tired characters, makes them brand new again, most recently, Batman and the Court of Owls story line is great.

I think you guys are starting to get spoiled.

whats funny is rewatching the "great" movies of 70s and 80s and realize just how little storyline there is, or character development.

i agree about character development but its Avengers. Not "how did Hulk get here"

its meant as an action packed movie geared towards the youth of today with attention spans of gold fish. I was sitting next to a teenager during the filming and anytime the action stopped he'd whip out his phone to "lolz" some idiotic txt message.

Sorry cupcake, but those people are the majority who $$ to see it.

We are an exception.

"mommy" very good! xavier dolan getting better and bettar!

[video=youtube;f7X6Sdkf-Sg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7X6Sdkf-Sg[/video]

I think you guys are starting to get spoiled.

whats funny is rewatching the "great" movies of 70s and 80s and realize just how little storyline there is, or character development.

i agree about character development but its Avengers. Not "how did Hulk get here"

its meant as an action packed movie geared towards the youth of today with attention spans of gold fish. I was sitting next to a teenager during the filming and anytime the action stopped he'd whip out his phone to "lolz" some idiotic txt message.

Sorry cupcake, but those people are the majority who $$ to see it.

We are an exception.

Yup, there's definitely something to be said for just being able to jump into a story, without an hour of character development beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom