Rc 390! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rc 390!

I wonder what would be the insurance rate for this bike, it is 375cc (not 390), Ninja 250 and 300 have same rates, but stepping up slightly to 375 what will it be? Tthis is a new bike, not even listed in the Canadian registry yet. They have no track record of accident rates, how will they determine what the rate is?

I think some companies bump the rate after the 400cc mark, if that is the case then it should be on par with the 250's and 300's.

These look rocking!

I think some companies bump the rate after the 400cc mark, if that is the case then it should be on par with the 250's and 300's.

...with still ridiculous rates. I've been quoted pretty much the same between my Ninja ex500 and any other smaller bike as a new rider 30 years old.

Isn't the DRZ400S about the same MSRP? *Checks* Yep, at least one dealer is asking about $6400 + taxes and assorted. The 2015 SM version is listed at $7699 on Suzuki Canada's website. So the KTM isn't out of line with 400cc bike pricing in Canada.

Just to keep the rumour fires burning, from ADVrider:

"Mind you, this is just an unsubstantiated rumour - but I heard that the next batch of RC390's will be sourced from China or more precisely from CFMoto, thanks to the number of quality issues that crop up with Indian-made bikes.

This is just something someone on my local forum mentioned as a comment from a dealer he spoke to. Make of it what you will... CFMoto does have some sort of partnership agreement with KTM, this much is true.

It could also be true for our market, but not for USA... anyhow, just something to keep an eye out for."

I love the idea of manufacturers tying themselves into knots in order to avoid paying decent wages in their home country.

It is pretty unlikely that KTM would do that and if they did, it's pretty unlikely that relocating the assembly plant on its own would solve any issues that they might be having.

The investment in tooling and equipment at a given location to build a vehicle is pretty substantial. The vehicle is put together from parts coming from suppliers; there's more to it than just a bunch of blokes in a warehouse bolting things together. If they have their processes right, it won't matter where the assembly plant is. If there is a process issue, it's better to just fix it. If there is a supplier issue, again, it's better to just fix it. If there is a major underlying design and engineering flaw, relocating the assembly plant isn't going to make it go away, and relocating to China from India hardly seems like a step up in the world.

Now, if they are talking about the next generation of that vehicle, that's a whole different ball game. If the next gen is a full redesign, requiring all new tooling anyway, it doesn't matter where in the world you put it. But the 125/250/390 RC/Duke vehicle platform has been around for such a short time that something of that sort, especially for a smaller manufacturer, is unlikely for another few years. It would be better to just fix the issues and move on.

KTM is now an Indian company, it makes sense for them to manufacture over there to support local economy. I wouldn't compare the price too much with the rivals, KTM is a premium brand. People are willing to pay extra for a premium brand just like Ducati, BMW, and Aprilla, I would rather see less people riding them than everyone. As far as I know, there are very few people (single digits) who pre-order this bike as of today. There is not enough exposure for this bike yet, after the Feb MC show, the dealers will see more people signing up for this bike.

Last edited:
I am considering this bike. I was going to go with the usual 600, but then I saw this. I must see more.

Our bikes won't be here until April, meanwhile in Australia :(

RC390-landed1.jpg

It is pretty unlikely that KTM would do that and if they did, it's pretty unlikely that relocating the assembly plant on its own would solve any issues that they might be having.

The investment in tooling and equipment at a given location to build a vehicle is pretty substantial. The vehicle is put together from parts coming from suppliers; there's more to it than just a bunch of blokes in a warehouse bolting things together. If they have their processes right, it won't matter where the assembly plant is. If there is a process issue, it's better to just fix it. If there is a supplier issue, again, it's better to just fix it. If there is a major underlying design and engineering flaw, relocating the assembly plant isn't going to make it go away, and relocating to China from India hardly seems like a step up in the world.

Now, if they are talking about the next generation of that vehicle, that's a whole different ball game. If the next gen is a full redesign, requiring all new tooling anyway, it doesn't matter where in the world you put it. But the 125/250/390 RC/Duke vehicle platform has been around for such a short time that something of that sort, especially for a smaller manufacturer, is unlikely for another few years. It would be better to just fix the issues and move on.

Moving a bike assembly plant and a car assembly plant are two very different animals. Large production facilities like HD , or big three Japan maybe, but the smaller builders are sort of like guys in a warehouse bolting stuff together. Its a conveyer line and not that long. They could put the line anywhere, its two or three smart guys and the rest hold a screw gun set to a torque spec and they pull a trigger.

Moving a bike assembly plant and a car assembly plant are two very different animals. Large production facilities like HD , or big three Japan maybe, but the smaller builders are sort of like guys in a warehouse bolting stuff together. Its a conveyer line and not that long. They could put the line anywhere, its two or three smart guys and the rest hold a screw gun set to a torque spec and they pull a trigger.

Then the process needs fixing, not moving.

LED daytime running lights, projector headlamps.
i4l1kx.png

More enjoyment:lmao:
16jhevl.jpg

2n7ntps.jpg

vgsnj8.jpg

97plr7.jpg

10p6n38.jpg

Last edited:
always hated the day time lights set up with only one side on/both for high beam... but then again imo you buy a bike to right, not look at so who cares if the front end isn't as pretty as kate upton.

If I had the cash this year, I would soooooooooooooo pre-order with you bud.

I am going to wait till the show in Feb. Once I actually see it and sit on it, then I could make a choice. I need to sit on the thing before I can actually commit. If its not this I may just go into a dealership and buy something else new. Maybe an Indian Scout..

Back
Top Bottom