Racer5: reviews and help | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5: reviews and help

For those that have attended the school, where did you stay over night? Are you able to camp at the track?
Yup, you can camp on the grass. They have showers as well, but 0/10 would not shower there again.

Tons of asphalt space too so many bring their toyhaulers and campers.

10 minutes away are a whole bunch of hotel/motels, but they are stupid expensive cause "beachside".

Grand Bend gets cold at night, but there's no mosquitos at all (thanks cold lake breeze).

edit: I was going to look into RVezy .com. Heard good experiences when at Calabogie, especially with delivery service. Since its at least 2 night stay, they may be an option. If you got a buddy or 3, split the costs and spring for the black water service.

edit2: I'm still rocking the photo from my racer5 weekend as my picture.

Last edited:
@Aens got a few of those too!
25fbca8cd722369c5c44c53d38ee9991.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I've used the showers many times and haven't found them too bad, just cramped. That being said, I've never seen what the men's looks like.

As mentioned above, cheapest option is camping at the track which is free.
A friend of mine has rented out a cabin from this place on race weekends. Hotel Motel Accommodations | Grand Bend | Aux Sables Inn

Just finished the 3 day course at racer 5, thought I would share my 2cents:

The various things that were covered and taught included things like:
-Track etiquette(important imo)
-Lots of body position practicing and improvement
-Brushing up on some fundamentals like vision etc
-Lots of track time(bonus)

I was a bit shocked to find out they DIDNT include other important/advanced techniques
(like trail braking...this has saved my ass on the streets MANY times over the years)
(or how the throttle and brakes affect the turning(radius) of the bike..or how they can be used to adjust your lines.....Nick Ienatsch at YCRS eloquently calls it R=MPH)

It surprises me to no end that such an important/potentially lifesaving skill is often 'omitted' from students in canada...maybe at the M1 exit course its understandable when everyone is a complete beginner and you worry about newbies grabbing 100% of the brake abruptly, but most everyone at the advanced course is already a competent rider with several years of experience under their belt.

I did hear from one of the instructors they teach these skills and more perhaps at level 4/5 (for more $$$$ of course)

While you do gain some valuable skills from the course, for what they omit, thankfully, there is youtube/google/the internet, and there are many current/former elite level racers with youtube channels.

TLDR:
If you want an intro to track days or racing, its a great course to take.
If you wish to take your general riding skills to the next level, this may not be the course for you.

Overall I would give it 4/5

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom