Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before?

You can't take the money in the bank with you when you die. Just sayin

YOLO!

I guess a long term coma would give best bang for buck.

You can't take the money in the bank with you when you die. Just sayin

Everyone gets old. Unless you plan to expire precisely when your money runs out, I suggest you ask people who are in their 70's who have run out of money how life is going for them. Then remember they potentially have another 10 or 20 years ahead of them.

But yeah, YOLO. Live like there's no tomorrow.

I enjoy life, but I also save for retirement.

I guess a long term coma would give best bang for buck.

Cryogenic freezing. It's coming.

Everyone gets old. Unless you plan to expire precisely when your money runs out, I suggest you ask people who are in their 70's who have run out of money how life is going for them. Then remember they potentially have another 10 or 20 years ahead of them.

But yeah, YOLO. Live like there's no tomorrow.

I enjoy life, but I also save for retirement.

Just sell all your stuff when you're 65. No debt left, nothing to pay for, die happy.

Just sell all your stuff when you're 65. No debt left, nothing to pay for, die happy.

Great if you actually own all your stuff, or have anything of value to sell and live off the proceeds.

The new hotness is to live by the credit card, bank owns everything, little or no equity in anything....all while you're out YOLO'ing your paycheques away.

When the paycheques stop the bank wants all their **** back.

I have taken a 10 year break before.

I've taken a 5 month break before, and I'll probably be taking a 5 month break this year from Nov-March. Literally hell on Earth.

I couldn't take a break again, at this stage if I couldn't afford to ride I have done something really wrong.

I couldn't take a break again, at this stage if I couldn't afford to ride I have done something really wrong.

Your successes are well documented. Continued success and godspeed!

I can't believe no one suggested the middle way:

1) Sell your track bike as planned.

2) Pay off those pesky debts.

3) Steal motorcycles to joyride around on.

This would get you 5 years of free test rides on any model you manage to find. Cancel out the guilt by returning the bike with a full tank when you're done. Or maybe sell them to finish 2) quicker.

I can't believe no one suggested the middle way:

1) Sell your track bike as planned.

2) Pay off those pesky debts.

3) Steal motorcycles to joyride around on.

This would get you 5 years of free test rides on any model you manage to find. Cancel out the guilt by returning the bike with a full tank when you're done. Or maybe sell them to finish 2) quicker.

solid plan

I have no problem with the OP or his plan....but I will make just one suggestion : (and I have no doubt she is as good as you say she is, however) please spend more than $1000 on a ring. She does want it. I'm not saying to drop 10g's, but I think that around $3k should suffice. And Cut , Colour and Clarity over Carat.
YOLO
YMMV
GL

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Your successes are well documented. Continued success and godspeed!
Are they? Where? Can I read about them?

How come I don't know about yours? Do you have someone that admire you?

Last edited:
I have no problem with the OP or his plan....but I will make just one suggestion : (and I have no doubt she is as good as you say she is, however) please spend more than $1000 on a ring. She does want it. I'm not saying to drop 10g's, but I think that around $3k should suffice. And Cut , Colour and Clarity over Carat.
YOLO
YMMV
GL

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk
Lol wut has this thread turned into?

Also I dont know what the last 2 ones mean....#gettingold

Back
Top Bottom