Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quitting for 5 years, anyone do this before?

Lets say she moved out at 16 years old to be independent... makes her 44 years old. You're what, under 25 by appearances...
Can you say, SUGAR MOMMY?!?! Nice...

The 28 years was only meant to be on the single part, not independent lol she's the same age as me.

I've done it before but not by choice. Had an accident and was off for 5 years.
Sounds like you're taking a break for the right reasons and you'll be back once your finance allow it.

油井緋色;2439639 said:
Did you murder anyone like Riceburner almost did? lol
At certain point life priorities are bigger than the sport.

I am always on the edge of wanting to kill someone and that has nothing to do with a motorcycle :)

油井緋色;2439668 said:
Why?

I never provided my monthly expenses breakdown btw, but it includes investments, taking the girl out, her birthday presents, and an engagement ring.

EDIT: This is going to get off topic but she's also more educated than me (Masters vs Bachelors), makes 30% more than me, but is down to earth, low key, has zero interest in useless brand name ****, and has spent 28 years of her life single and independent. I had a choice between moving in with her and making her life easier by paying for groceries, doing dishes, maintaining her car, etc. and building our future or staying with my parents and saving money. I chose the first and now have to give up the bike (temporarily) as the result. I could move back home...but I'm not investing time into anything there anymore.

EDIT EDIT:

The main issue is have no interest in street riding. It's just gonna lead to an HTA172 ticket. With $200 a month I have a choice of upgrading computer parts, buying video games, or what not which would last me hundreds of hours...or a trackday every once in a while. If I had around $400-$800 disposable a month that would be much easier and I can hit that amount much sooner if I just dump everything I can into getting student loans out of the way.
Pics or it didn't happen.

油井緋色;2439773 said:
She'll be with me at RDT on Sunday lol
Pics or it didn't happen.

dude you sound like a complete pansy and I'm not even joking...50 bucks a month on two dates?? WTF, and you're a grown man?? I was doing that **** in grade 11, making 220 bucks a paycheck teaching swimming lessons after school a couple nights a week. I had nothing to pay for other than whatever I wanted at that age and didn't have to ask my parents for anything much.

What do you have a bachelor in and what are you doing with yourself?? You sound like one of those batty boi gamers who sits around doped the **** out all day after working night shift at the ****ing grocery store. Seriously...even I took a year off before uni worked at Shoppers 30-35 hours a week, had fun and partied, paid for my 250 brand new and still had a good amount in the bank going into school, now don't even get me started on a $1000 ring...are you ****ing joking?? How the hell do you even afford to own and ride a motorcycle yet you would even consider buying your girl whose the "one" a thousand dollar ring?? GTFO....if I got my girl a full set gear it would easily cost twice that and its not like its something you would skimp out on or even consider...if you're gonna do it you do it proper, not like a little pansy bit*h.

Are you even ready to even consider engaging this girl and running a household, having kids...doing grown up ****?? Get a job buddy, a real job.

Oh look who's back, captain constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

Are you even ready to even consider engaging this girl and running a household, having kids...doing grown up ****?? Get a job buddy, a real job.

How do you know he doesn't have a great paying job and is just focusing a huge majority of his perhaps very healthy paycheques towards what he mentioned in his first post - paying off student debt?

Oh wait....being financially savvy like that, by (gasp!) wanting to eliminate debt as quick as possible while living frugally in the meantime...that must not be "cool" enough, right?

What do all those asterisks mean? It's like reading a redacted CIA report.

Seriously though. I like that post. You always need the alternate view.

Oh look who's back, captain constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

How do you know he doesn't have a great paying job and is just focusing a huge majority of his perhaps very healthy paycheques towards what he mentioned in his first post - paying off student debt?

Oh wait....being financially savvy like that, by (gasp!) wanting to eliminate debt as quick as possible while living frugally in the meantime...that must not be "cool" enough, right?

I don't understand that frugal man I'm sorry...really, that's like below my standard of self, let alone standard of living. When I had a $30,000 student debt I set up payments of about $575 a month and you ONLY have to pay when you're out of school for longer than six months so I was always working. On average people take 9-10 years to repay it and I was done in 5ish. Even working minimum wage you can clear about 1400-1500 bucks a month after taxes, I did the math its about 1800 bucks before deductions, this guy is supposed to be university educated. There's no way an educated person with a half decent job and actually being a grown up and paying their dues putting in work has to reduce themselves to making $30 payments on a thousand dollar ring. OK. So stop...really. Don't support and further propagate this ****.

Last edited:
Some people are all for the idea of dragging debt out in the interest of having fun vs adulting, others like to see it go away quick and are willing to forego some niceties and fun in the short term to accomplish that much quicker.

Some people also live their entire working lives buried in perpetual debt, apparently oblivious that unless you actually pay it off it'll follow you into your retirement years..and you're really screwed then.

But hey, live in the moment, YOLO, all that stuff.. Whatever.

油井緋色;2439638 said:
Track is actually not cheaper than street despite what everyone thinks lol

The average trackday, including fuel, hydration, etc costs around $250-300. This doesn't account for tire wear and maintenance parts. I'm also at a point where I might need a new rear shock (I'll find out on Sunday). In the event of a crash, the costs could skyrocket as well.

Having $200 a month left to spend is honestly too little for this sport. I figured if I'm gonna half *** riding I might as well sell the bike and live a little more comfortably until I've paid off my student loans.

I don't understand that frugal man I'm sorry...really, that's like below my standard of self, the anger is real

Track day or no track day the hydration never stops. Stick your head out the window, you'll see.

Some people are all for the idea of dragging debt out in the interest of having fun vs adulting, others like to see it go away quick and are willing to forego some niceties and fun in the short term to accomplish that much quicker.

Some people also live their entire working lives buried in perpetual debt, apparently oblivious that unless you actually pay it off it'll follow you into your retirement years..and you're really screwed then.

But hey, live in the moment, YOLO, all that stuff.. Whatever.

Yes, I agree but one must have a balance of both. Its not good to be a complete batty boi or YOLOing the **** out on credit thinking you're a baller.

OP shows a lot of self control and a very good understanding of personal finance. Never carry debt if you can avoid it!
When he gets back on the track, he'll be the one on the Ducati.

5 months is about all I can handle. Even then it's about 4 months longer than I would like.

Don't stop riding to be a grown up, let future self deal with that ****. Switch to dirt.

OP shows a lot of self control and a very good understanding of personal finance. Never carry debt if you can avoid it!
When he gets back on the track, he'll be the one on the Ducati.

That would be a terrible financial decision.

Security is false. You won't fully understand YOLO until you're on the deathbed or failing that, immediately before impact.

Yes, I agree but one must have a balance of both. Its not good to be a complete batty boi or YOLOing the **** out on credit thinking you're a baller.

Though I agree with this statement, you're giving him **** for making a decision in order to balance his budget and pay off debts.

Poorly timed, wrongfully bashed.

Please take a ride to the closest Uni and bash every smoker, gamer, and party-goer that is supporting themselves using OSAP instead of getting a part time job to pay off their debt - you'll have more success saving people financially than someone who is taking steps in order to fix it..

Back
Top Bottom