Private members bill to ban passing across double line | GTAMotorcycle.com

Private members bill to ban passing across double line

It's a private bill and an ndp mpp so highly likely its dead on arrival. It would make riding on secondary roads suck even more as it could be many many miles between passing locations.

Saw this the other day.

Average person doesn't know it's legal anyways if my students are a good sample size :LOL:

I'll admit, the odds are low. It still gives grounds for a stop and expensive ticket. Also, I expect more cameras everywhere. Costs will drop on them and they are money printing machines.
Wait...wtf am I talking about...selling bike in the spring! (At least that's what I keep telling myself).

Wait...wtf am I talking about...selling bike in the spring! (At least that's what I keep telling myself).
Gti isn't a terrible back road passer either. My old diesel was a pain, drop back and accelerate through the corner and hope there is a clear space to slingshot after the corner.

Saw this the other day.

Average person doesn't know it's legal anyways if my students are a good sample size :LOL:
I only learned that this was legal recently.

I guess the double yellow is just a suggestion at this point? Just like the suggested on ramp speed.

Gti isn't a terrible back road passer either. My old diesel was a pain, drop back and accelerate through the corner and hope there is a clear space to slingshot after the corner.
Can confirm...it's a small rocket on the backroads. 80-140kph pretty damn quick...but I'd never do that...ever...

I'm okay with it being illegal as there's eventually a passing opportunity up ahead that I've found.

Then you get yahoos like this guy who gets ****** and sideswaps the bike and then comes out yelling "you crossed the yellow line".

I'm okay with it being illegal as there's eventually a passing opportunity up ahead that I've found.

Then you get yahoos like this guy who gets ****** and sideswaps the bike and then comes out yelling "you crossed the yellow line".

The problem is the morons that drive slow through all the corners speed up to approaching 172 speeds in the passing sections to make sure every stays behind them. Cops wait at the end of the passing section for easy hunting. If this became law, there would be many cases where you could never legally pass a *********.

Interesting how the bike rider is wearing a shirt "Reasons for speeding" I can't make out the pictures. lol

The problem is the morons that drive slow through all the corners speed up to approaching 172 speeds in the passing sections to make sure every stays behind them. Cops wait at the end of the passing section for easy hunting. If this became law, there would be many cases where you could never legally pass a *********.
I can't recall a situation like that for me but I'm sure it can happen ... I'm okay either way. Sometimes I'll just slow down and take in the scenery or take a turn somewhere and do an alternate route.

I can't recall a situation like that for me but I'm sure it can happen ... I'm okay either way. Sometimes I'll just slow down and take in the scenery or take a turn somewhere and do an alternate route.
Driving up to the inlaws cottage it happens every trip. Many many vehicles are 20 under the limit in the corners and 30+ over in the passing sections. No alternate routes once you have chosen the route to take.

It's a private bill and an ndp mpp so highly likely its dead on arrival. It would make riding on secondary roads suck even more as it could be many many miles between passing locations.

"[MPP Guy Bourgouin] said the Highway Traffic Act currently only cautions against crossing into oncoming lanes under specific conditions, and that it's impractical to expect drivers 'to account for every factor, especially unpredictable weather conditions and varying travel speeds.'"

If you can't trust the driver to appropriately judge conditions then you shouldn't trust them with a license. Also, this law will have a cost - road markings in some areas will have to be re-evaluated, they simply weren't made with this in mind

Also, this law will have a cost - road markings in some areas will have to be re-evaluated, they simply weren't made with this in mind
I'm not so convinced that will happen in such a smart way. Some single lines in good fishing spots will get replaced with double. Most won't be changed imo.

I only learned that this was legal recently.

I guess the double yellow is just a suggestion at this point? Just like the suggested on ramp speed.
In Ontario all yellow posted signs/markers are suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom