Ontario should make winter tires mandatory. | Page 54 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario should make winter tires mandatory.

It's my understanding that if the tires are made in a NAFTA country (Canada, USA, Mexico) it's duty free but anywhere else has duties applied on top of HST.

do you also claim the gas in your tank?

I always claim ALL purchases, fuel included. "Have you bought or received any goods while in the USA?" is the most used query by CBSA.

I always claim ALL purchases, fuel included. "Have you bought or received any goods while in the USA?" is the most used query by CBSA.
Do you declare your lunch too?

do you also claim the gas in your tank?

Since this is a thread about winter tires, you most likely have a trunk full of summer tires. Good luck with that bad boy

Since this is a thread about winter tires, you most likely have a trunk full of summer tires. Good luck with that bad boy

so now you're changing the facts... Ever hear of old/used tires that you are replacing?

He's talking about running it across the Peace/Rainbow on cords and coming back on fresh, Tim. Try to keep up.

Best to have burn plates unless you know the shop.

So I should throw out used tires every 6 months when I change em. Gotcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I should throw out used tires every 6 months when I change em. Gotcha.

I don't know anyone dumb enough to change tires every season (I'm sure they exist, though). I'm assuming he's talking about throwing his winter wheels on the car with dead snows and going over the border to have them swapped out then driving back without declaring them. My biggest concern with that is some tire shops in NF/Buffalo have been known to phone in the name + plates of Canadians doing it to Customs.

I don't know anyone dumb enough to change tires every season (I'm sure they exist, though). I'm assuming he's talking about throwing his winter wheels on the car with dead snows and going over the border to have them swapped out then driving back without declaring them. My biggest concern with that is some tire shops in NF/Buffalo have been known to phone in the name + plates of Canadians doing it to Customs.
That would be counter-intuitive to their business

Let's try what it isn't. Phoning customs isn't counter-intuitive. What is the intuition? That phoning customs will increase their business?

Inreb has a fan here....good entertainment value. Rockerguy it's best just toView attachment 35936

My biggest concern with that is some tire shops in NF/Buffalo have been known to phone in the name + plates of Canadians doing it to Customs.

That sounds counter-plausible.

Sounds like something Canadian Tire would say when their 25% off sale for the altimax arctic is almost double than the US price.

Tire shop in Buffalo I went to not only knew we were Canadians but busted out brake cleaner and removed the paint dots that come on new tires to make the crossing easier. A LOT of shops in buffalo do business with Canadians. Whether Canadian customers get their tax or not is irrelevant to them, and sticking their nose in my business is a quick way to loose my repeat business and any referrals I would have made.

I didn't think it was that hard to understand... I guess I underestimated some people here.

Back
Top Bottom