'Novelty' plates | GTAMotorcycle.com

'Novelty' plates

Ha.

Screenshot-2024-01-29-092029.png

Copywrite the official ones and sue the ass off of Amazon. Make it a criminal offence and use that to subpoena every transaction on their books. Shut them down for a month.

How do you prove innocence on the 407 if the copycat cloned a number off of an identical car, a grey Accord?

The last parking ticket I got in Toronto said I had to dispute it in person. For $30 it wasn't worth it.

Copywrite the official ones and sue the ass off of Amazon. Make it a criminal offence and use that to subpoena every transaction on their books. Shut them down for a month.

How do you prove innocence on the 407 if the copycat cloned a number off of an identical car, a grey Accord?

The last parking ticket I got in Toronto said I had to dispute it in person. For $30 it wasn't worth it.
We can go to pa and buy lights and sirens if we want to pretend to be a cop or firetruck.

It is a kinda funny but inevitable problem. Part of me likes that it threatens the convenience of LPR and traffic enforcement cameras.

So how do you fix it? Making reproductions illegal is a terrible solution. There are plenty of people that are well capable of producing them for themselves or under the table sale. Is this arguably a form of identity theft? For this scam to work, you have to look for a similar vehicle and copy their license plate.

The cynical voice in my head says "Simple! Just equip all highway vehicles with a radio transponder that responds to police interrogation." The very slightly less cynical voice says "If vehicle-to-vehicle communication had ever taken off, that probably would have provided a helpful secondary form of identification."

People driving uncommon makes or colours of vehicles enjoy some protection from the problem

I remember seeing some of those MC plates at one of the flea market shows.
They weren't even good counterfeits, they said 'Yours To Discover' across the bottom.
When I asked the vendor what kind of joke this was, he said "they've gotta catch you first, don't they ?"
FFS...

There's also the squids riding Groms, Rukuses, mopeds and scooters with 'EMMO e-bike' plates on the back.
And no one seems to care.

No need to be this high tech.... just use a printer.

Get cutoff or otherwise offended by common car XYZ. Rent or borrow said common car in the same colour make up some stick on paper plates and spend a day looping past your local speed camera. Pull paper plates and drive on....

• Wow
Reactions: TK4
Yup crazy times we live in.

Kinda matches this thread

Just ban this chit would be a start. I dunno what else to do, but I guess you now have to keep track of where you are going now, or record your travels.

A friend has a vanity plate, someone from the US with the same plate took the 407... he got the bill. They cancelled the bill with little fuss but it was obvious it was not him.... (different make etc.). Must be common enough because they knew exactly what to check...

Yup crazy times we live in.

Kinda matches this thread

Just ban this chit would be a start. I dunno what else to do, but I guess you now have to keep track of where you are going now, or record your travels.
407 could clean much of this up quickly. They have a picture of the car and plate. As a first cut, check car colour vs mto data (we seem to give them exceptional access, we might as well get some benefit from it). If colour doesn't match, flag that plate so ALPR alerts police to the discrepancy (and if it is a commuter, easy to catch on a future day). That doesn't catch everybody but catches a whole bunch that put random plates on their cars.

407 could clean much of this up quickly. They have a picture of the car and plate. As a first cut, check car colour vs mto data (we seem to give them exceptional access, we might as well get some benefit from it). If colour doesn't match, flag that plate so ALPR alerts police to the discrepancy (and if it is a commuter, easy to catch on a future day). That doesn't catch everybody but catches a whole bunch that put random plates on their cars.
C'mon that makes too much sense, and expect the gov to do something. As you can see in the article their current solution is for drivers to spend money on new plates. n i c e.

C'mon that makes too much sense, and expect the gov to do something. As you can see in the article their current solution is for drivers to spend money on new plates. n i c e.
I was confused by "buy new plates for $59 to fix the problem". Either you had custom plates that you paid a lot of more for for a reason or you have normal plates and there is a chance the new plates also get cloned. Short answer is cloned plates shouldn't get a $140 ticket, they shpuld be a straight to jail offense and explain to a jp why you should be out. I expect most would get released but having your statement in a court transcript makes it really easy to drop the big hammer if you do it again.

Someone get Doug Fords licence plate, get them duplicated, and drive around with those on the 407 for a few weeks and then watch how fast the problem gets fixed.

A coworker years ago got pulled over for blue fog lights.he took the cdn tire receipt to court. The judge raised the fine.

Forward facing blue is a bit of a grey area as the law contradicts itself, saying you cannot have them in a few spots, and then saying that you can as long as it's not flashing. But if you look at TTC busses, yeah, blue forward facing, and I don't believe they're exempt from the HTA at all.

1706569313759.png

Someone get Doug Fords licence plate, get them duplicated, and drive around with those on the 407 for a few weeks and then watch how fast the problem gets fixed.

Forward facing blue is a bit of a grey area as the law contradicts itself, saying you cannot have them in a few spots, and then saying that you can as long as it's not flashing. But if you look at TTC busses, yeah, blue forward facing, and I don't believe they're exempt from the HTA at all.

View attachment 65832
He rides around in an OPP protection detail SUV now. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t exempt.

Back
Top Bottom