North York Riders, Let's RIDE... | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

North York Riders, Let's RIDE...

Looks like I'm out. Got plans for the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can't make it either, I got a wedding to go to...that's sucks!

Thanks 95teggy. Strangely, I don't recall exactly who 95teggy is, but I am grateful for the vouch of credibility.

Looks like today (Saturday) is not a comfortable day to ride. Jacket liners, long-johns and double-gloves made my ride on Friday just borderline bearable. I would benchmark a good day to ride to be a day when you can ride at least 100km at 120km/h and not feel like an icicle or wet sponge (or both). This is what Monday seems to be promising. http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

At this time, two tentative plans are for each of Sunday and Monday. The meet place will be at the Tim Horton's parking lot at Morningside & Sheppard. On Sunday, the meet will be for 2:30pm. On Monday, the meet will be for 10:30am.

I will post more information shortly. I look forward to those who wish to join us.

I look forward to seeing you there.

BTW, If I am without my wife, I will be sporting my rear-facing video camera mount. For those concerned, it will not capture your license plate. Yes, that's obvious to most of us, but let's be very honest... the average biker IQ is lowered by a few of us who are still riding, and even more who are still insured.

It should be a fun meet and ride. :)

Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner.

Looks like the weather wants to chill & soak a few renegades riders today. I won't be riding today. However, I may be cleaning my bike... and then cutting my grass... in that order!

I'm not sure what 'overtime' means, but on the Sunday or Monday, you can certainly fill me (or us) in on the details. I love to hear about what's going on with people... and some spicy bikers stories are cool too.

And from your signature/footer, I am happy that you haven't a biased bone in your body. :)

MR.

Sorry for the late reply. No meet time for Saturday.

Ride will be on Sunday at 2:30pm, and on Monday at 10:30am. The meet place is the Tim Horton's at Morningside and Sheppard.

MR.

Sorry Sinz... funny how people in love can botch-up a great riding weekend. Well, better in May than in July!

And we are aimed to ride on Sunday at 2:30pm, and again on Monday at 10:30am. Meet is in Scarborough at the Morningside & Sheppard Tim Horton's.

MR.

Read my post. Maybe it wasn't clear...so I am re-posting with better clarity:

Sorry that you have to attend a wedding Sinz. It's funny how people in love (the wedding couple) can botch-up a great riding weekend. Well, better luck to have weddings in May than to be invited to weddings in July!

And we are scheduled to meet and ride on both Sunday at 2:30pm, and again on Monday at 10:30am. The meeting place is in Scarborough at the Morningside & Sheppard Tim Horton's. We will depart at the lastest, 3:00pm on Sunday, and 11:00am on Monday.

Tim Horton's is at 8129 Sheppard Ave E, Scarborough, ON M1B 6A3. The adjacent property is an Esso gas station: 1149 Morningside Ave, Scarborough, ON M1B 5J3. We need to be respectful of the patrons and management to each of the Tim Horton's business and the Esso business, so please let's treat this meeting place as a privilege and not a right.

It is in your best interest to arrive early so you can get familiarize yourself with who is who, and what to expect throughout the ride. We will expect everyone to arrive ready by 10:45am on Sunday, or by 2:45pm on Monday. Ready means that you should already have gas in your tank and whatever quantity of donuts in your belly. We will push off by or before the noted time. If you wish not to ride with us, just show up very late or not at all.

MR.

P.S. I am not a 'rules & rulez' kind of guy. I just don't like being embarrassed unnecessarily. Futhermore, new riders don't need to be exposed to our un-popular 'hardened ryder ways' and well-practiced outlaw type of 'WE Rule!' antics. At heart, the meet and ride is for the new people. If I am wanting to be a control freak, I'll stay home and trim my green hedges (hint!).

95teggy is the best.

Just three (3) years ago he watched my take the DVP/Lawrence turns with one and on my waist and the other on the throttle while he was struggling to keep up. Now, he totally rules the curves -- on ramps and off ramps. He is now faster through the curves than me.

He won't be in for the Sunday & Monday rides, but you may see him for our June, July and August rides.

MR. (aka Michael or Mike)

see you at2:30 pm must rider!

Is this ride open to all? Also, 2nd last paragraph says, "arrive ready by 10:45am / 2:45pm Monday...is this just a typo considering the info in the earlier paragraphs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it says *10:45am Sunday. Just wanna make sure I have the time and dates right - thnx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The days were mixed up. Be ready to ride by 2:45 on Sunday, and 10:45 on Monday. Get there early so you can meet and greet, and take care of business before the actual ride.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The weather today is very good... the sun is shining on us. By 2:30pm it should be at least 15°C with the forecast high today of 17°C. I look forward to all who join us.

There are 2 days that we will ride. Today is 2:30pm which applies to the 2:45pm part.

Tomorrow's ride (Monday) will be at 10:30am which applies to the 10:45am part.

Not really a typo as it is based on the updated posting at http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...s-Let-s-RIDE&p=2170750&viewfull=1#post2170750

I hope this did not put you at Timmy's this morning at 10:30am. If it did, I sincerely apologize. But I am glad that you have asked for correction/clarification here.

I look forward to seeing the Sunday riders in the next 2 hours...

MR.

Agreed! And thanks Mahonah for replying to mjack. I look forward to you meeting all of you there in about 2 hours from now.

MR.

Back
Top Bottom