Nice couple of days coming up.. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nice couple of days coming up..

What kind of bike you riding here? Carbeurated?

no, FI. My intermittent starting problem came back and seems more permanent now. I ended up having to get CAA out to take the bike home, which probably saved me from a bad accident as there was sheet ice all over the place.

Bah...snow on my road yesterday morning, none today, so ride to work it is. :eek:) What's the wind chill at 140km/h?

If it was a little warmer I would have been tempted to ride to Montreal. 401 is dry.

Up to 10 already - colder in the garage than outside so pulled the Wee out for a early Forks ride once the sun comes out. Nothing on the radar as yet tho rain was forecast
Might get to St. Jacobs for a good Amish lunch :D

Last edited:
Make sure to refer to them as Mennonites if you go."Bonnie Lous" in Floradale has the best lunch btw.But on sunday most Mennonites close up.

Yeah never sure which sect is which. Think that Stonehouse is open on Sunday - too much tourist to miss ...mainly its food quality for the area.
Will try Floradale. thanks

or not....closed today :( whimper

slider-image-one.jpg

http://www.bonnielouscafe.com

Last edited:
Heading out within .5 hr. This should be good. Break a leg, to myself.

yum feast time in st jacobs - all you can eat, lake trout, shrimp, short ribs ( serious pigging on those) various chicken dishes, salads and a big desert shelf.

Last edited:
Went out today for a short ride when it was nice at around 11.

Topped off the tank, went home and cleaned it and ill probably change the oil soon to put it away for good.

Today was just one of those days to head over to the nearest gas station and top off to winterize.

yum feast time in st jacobs - all you can eat, lake trout, shrimp, short ribs ( serious pigging on those) various chicken dishes, salads and a big desert shelf.

Mac where did you find this in St Jacobs?

Nice little toodle today, probably last chance to urinate under my favourite bridge(Sulpher Springs Rd.)

About 50km yesterday, 0° bloody cold, but clear and dry. I did 170km this afternoon, was dark and damp north east of the city, riding in a constant mist, roads were slick and greasy. My bike is a filthy mess. Both rides quite enjoyable, nonetheless.

Last edited:
I keep checking back in this thread and feel like the title should be "MacDoc's Personal Winter Riding Journal" :)

In other news, I'm slightly regretting wintering my Kawi in early November. In Korea, I'd ride year-round since I lived on the south coast. In Toronto, I'd pull my F800R out during warm days and re-winterize it (except for the oil change). But the KLX250S is carbureted and more of a pain to start in the cold, plus I'm getting too lazy to put in all that work to properly store it again after a winter ride.

Back
Top Bottom