New to dual sport | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to dual sport

Don't forget to check other sites (especially Petes Superbike) for TKC80 prices before buying - Petes has some very competitive prices on most tires.
Thanks for the heads up. Checked Pete's for the first time yesterday in fact, best prices I've seen by far. I can get a front and rear tkc80 for under $265, hell I can get Shinko 805 for under $180. The 804/805 combination gets awesome reviews on adv rider. It's going to be alot more fun on the trails this year without ss tires on the versys.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Nam is a good rider and a great sport - I have no doubt that he went beyond his own circle of comfort at times but hopefully he also felt supported and comfortable with the group of riders.

I felt confident enough that I really want to see what the CB500X can do. I never did anything I wasn't comfortable with.

It is a great group of guys that always waited for me when I dropped my bike, they always came back to check on me. They also helped me everytime when stuck in the mud.

I'm pretty sure I took that bike to it's limit, that is why I am buying a small dual sport now and I found guys that I really like riding with, which is not easy.

Thanks for the heads up. Checked Pete's for the first time yesterday in fact, best prices I've seen by far. I can get a front and rear tkc80 for under $265, hell I can get Shinko 805 for under $180. The 804/805 combination gets awesome reviews on adv rider. It's going to be alot more fun on the trails this year without ss tires on the versys.

Is the Versys your only bike? You'll have tons of fun on that with the TKC80'S.

Is the Versys your only bike? You'll have tons of fun on that with the TKC80'S.
Yes the versys is my only bike at the moment. I had to sell off my race bikes when I closed my business.
I agree completely, the tkc should be a game changer for sure. I get so much more excited about dirt/gravel rides than road riding. Lol

Yes the versys is my only bike at the moment. I had to sell off my race bikes when I closed my business.
I agree completely, the tkc should be a game changer for sure. I get so much more excited about dirt/gravel rides than road riding. Lol

I almost bought the Versys, but I couldn't back up if there was a slight incline. It is a fun bike.

I think that Shinko tire combo is going to be very popular. The TKC80s are very good tires but don't last long on anything with big power or weight. Some Shinko models are produced for Shinko by Continental and vice versa...

No, that's not why he's buying a lighter dual sport - he's buying it because we told him a) we aren't stopping and waiting for him anymore and b) we aren't going to help him pick his bike up anymore :) :) :)

I felt confident enough that I really want to see what the CB500X can do. I never did anything I wasn't comfortable with.

It is a great group of guys that always waited for me when I dropped my bike, they always came back to check on me. They also helped me everytime when stuck in the mud.

I'm pretty sure I took that bike to it's limit, that is why I am buying a small dual sport now and I found guys that I really like riding with, which is not easy.

No chance - not interested in riding in sub-zero temps on snow and salt...sorry, you can call me a pussy now :)

Thursday, I will meet you at your place.

The 2016 season - Versys with knobbies
the 2017 season - proper dual sport bike that weighs half as much as the Versys

mark my words...

mark my words...
I'm already looking. I've spent my whole life in the dirt, got my first z50 at 6. You don't have to tell me that I'd like an exc350.

mark my words...

Iceman these guys are going to be expansive!...:) Didn't get delivery yet on my new bike and already looking at kijiji for something a bit smaller. Maybe we hang out at the wrong spot you and I. LOL

I'm already looking. I've spent my whole life in the dirt, got my first z50 at 6. You don't have to tell me that I'd like an exc350.

Or 500EXC .... So much want.....

So for the running jokes, I wonder how many cats it would take to get a 500EXC out of the wife.

Heheheh..... Definitely no new vehicles for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Iceman these guys are going to be expansive!...:) Didn't get delivery yet on my new bike and already looking at kijiji for something a bit smaller. Maybe we hang out at the wrong spot you and I. LOL
I've been looking too, but that's not new. I used to be a kijijiholic, bought every good deal I found. About 5 years ago I had 9 dirt bikes and 12 or so street bikes. Lol
I really wish I'd kept the drz400s, the 300xc(blue plated), and the 200 exc blue plated. I miss them all. I'm keeping the versys for sure, I'd like a wr250r. I'll likely wind up with a cheap Dr,drz or klx.

I'm dying to find the right deal on a blue plated 250/300xc - I even considered a GasGas 300 smoker that's blue plated and for sale right now...

I was just like you guys, the great news is one bike can never do it all. A larger adventure bike and a small dual sport is the best combo to do every kind of ride out there. I am buying a WR250R.

I really wanted the 500 EXC to be my only bike, but can you imagine riding that thing long distance in comfort?

I will ride my CB500X with you guys, then decide later on if you want a smaller bike. No need to rush, you will miss out on tons of fun this year though. ?

Last edited:

When is Pete going to get those 804/805 in stock?

I need a more aggressive front. I have a kenda big block on the rear, but just a shinko 705 on the front which is not aggressive enough.

No, that's not why he's buying a lighter dual sport - he's buying it because we told him a) we aren't stopping and waiting for him anymore and b) we aren't going to help him pick his bike up anymore :) :) :)

No chance - not interested in riding in sub-zero temps on snow and salt...sorry, you can call me a pussy now :)
I take back all the good things I said about you, Alex will be my new favorite riding partner. ?

Hahahahha - Alex is a good guy and a very good rider. I guess it makes sense since both of you can be WR250 BFFs :)

I take back all the good things I said about you, Alex will be my new favorite riding partner. 

I don't know when but check out www.canadasmotorcycle.com to see if they sell the Shinkos and also consider a Mitas tire from www.mx1canada.com - the E07, E09 and E10 are very popular big / dual sport bike tires that offer very good off road traction and lasts a very long time.

When is Pete going to get those 804/805 in stock?

I need a more aggressive front. I have a kenda big block on the rear, but just a shinko 705 on the front which is not aggressive enough.

Back
Top Bottom