Need Advice. Dealership is refusing to honor warranty (car) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need Advice. Dealership is refusing to honor warranty (car)

VW has always been crap. I've never recommended one in my life and never will. and with the emission scandal, they can go to hell.

dump it and buy a Honda.

Since you, as always, brought Honda up ............ Like everyone wants to drive a dull cookie cutter car without a volume knob.

Having said that, VW is not known exactly for their stellar customer service in North America.

You sure you've been to Germany?

Is imagining whole trips for equally imaginary GTAM points a thing now? Sheesh. The Black Forest is really dark and the residents of Osnabrück were forever apologizing for their perfect English. If you can tell me why without resorting to Google, I'd appreciate it. As for the VW quip, well let's say German humour can be pretty oblique if you're not paying attention.

I don't know about the rest of the VW dealers, but Owasco makes you sign a contract opting out of CAMVAP when you are purchasing a vehicle. I don't know if you push hard enough if they would complete the sale without you signing it.

Whaaat? Even just attempting that should be illegal and should get them in very hot waters.

Whaaat? Even just attempting that should be illegal and should get them in very hot waters.

I'd like to see the actual wording of that OWASCO contract but offhand I'd tell them to pound salt.

The only other option after that is the Courts, and that can get rather expensive. I think BMW is the only one that officially opted out of CAMVAP, which is why I would never purchase one.

Apparently mediation is becoming quite common in the USA though. Some terms of use for products have the consumer agreeing to binding arbitration rather than resorting to consumer protection laws.

Considering camvap is between the manufacturer and consumer I'm not sure the info about Owasco is correct or why they would even bother trying. Anyways if you have grounds for a claim and the manufacturer is part of Camvap I don't see the piece of paper holding up.

To the OP: It appears that you are in good shape with the issue documented and the dealer is not trying to rip you off, which is a good thing.

Now, having established that the issue is common to that vehicle, it is what would be called in the industry a "driver irritant" and not a safety issue, which means you can keep on driving the car - funny noise or not. To ME, a funny noise that I know the source of and which is not something about to break apart, bothers me a lot less than a funny noise that is unidentified. As someone who puts a few hundred thousand km on any given car before getting rid of it, the occasional strange noise is just part of the deal.

And no, the car should not be making noises like that when it is only a few months old, so by all means complain to VW about it. The dealer has done what they can and they shouldn't be doing backyard fixes to make the issue go away - but if a reversible backyard DIY fix becomes known, go ahead and do it now that you have the issue documented with the bone-stock vehicle.

To the OP: It appears that you are in good shape with the issue documented and the dealer is not trying to rip you off, which is a good thing.

Now, having established that the issue is common to that vehicle, it is what would be called in the industry a "driver irritant" and not a safety issue, which means you can keep on driving the car - funny noise or not. To ME, a funny noise that I know the source of and which is not something about to break apart, bothers me a lot less than a funny noise that is unidentified. As someone who puts a few hundred thousand km on any given car before getting rid of it, the occasional strange noise is just part of the deal.

And no, the car should not be making noises like that when it is only a few months old, so by all means complain to VW about it. The dealer has done what they can and they shouldn't be doing backyard fixes to make the issue go away - but if a reversible backyard DIY fix becomes known, go ahead and do it now that you have the issue documented with the bone-stock vehicle.

Yeah it definitely is more of an irritating noise than a safety issue. Which is good on one hand since i dont need to worry about my brake suddenly not working but on the other hand it sucks since they wont pay much attention to it as another member mentioned. This will go in the backfiles until it becomes a very known and common issue and hundreds if not thousands complain.

I will definitely take this up further with VW in hopes that others will do the same.

I will also be posting this in VW forums and encouraging people to speak up and make the issue more known.

If one dealer is 2.9 and the ones nearby are 4.2 and 4.6 respectively then why not?

Most dealers have a ton of reviews which reduces the impact of the owners loving family's votes and his hating neighbour's.

I wouldn't say that I pick places solely based on reviews but I definitely read them and they affect my decision when it comes to hotels, restaurants, motorcycle stores, etc. - especially places that are far away, that I will most likely visit once in my lifetime.

More than likely that 2.9 rated dealership has an active customer base of around 10,000. The 144 respondents from a google review is not a true reflection of the business, such a small sample, which is often boosted by anonymous employee ramping up the scores. The old "word of mouth" or forum reviews are a much better indicator to go by.

Get as many people as you can to complain and document the issue, spread it like wild fire on EVERY forum you know of that VW owners, visit. Manufacturers, as do most larger corporations, have "social media" people, that scour forums looking for "issues" once it becomes big enough or repeated enough that it "could" become an issue, they begin to pay attention.

Back in 2012, BRP redesigned their frames on some models of the ATV's. It was called the G2 frame, (gen 2). Problem was that there was a weak spot in the frame near where the power steering unit was mounted. The stress created by the power steering unit on the frame caused the frames to crack. It became a "known issue" among owners, but many didn't experience a crack. The ATV's came with standard 6 months warranty, (most ATV's are now coming with longer warranties, and extended warranties can be bought). Anyway, the owners with cracks complained to BRP, initially they blamed it on owner abuse, even at one point saying owners were operating on unlevel terrain, and in "off road conditions", the units weren't designed for...lol

Owners kept complaining, and flooded the forums with the issue. finally after about 9 months, BRP acknowledged, it was a design flaw. They came up with a brace to be installed on all customers units, fixed ones in dealer stock, (all at BRP cost), and redesigned, the frame in that area. They also then increased the warranty, on frames, of ALL customers units from the standard 6 months to 7 YEARS! Until that point BRP was taking a crap kicking on the forums, literally overnight everyone was praising them for their customer support actions.

So sometimes social media can be used for good...lol 30 years ago no one would have realized others were also having issues. Now EVERYONE knows in an instant.

Glad to hear the dealership, is NOT the one trying to pull a fast one, (although they are obviously aware of the issue and SHOULD have acknowledged it immediately).

Get as many people as you can to complain and document the issue, spread it like wild fire on EVERY forum you know of that VW owners, visit. Manufacturers, as do most larger corporations, have "social media" people, that scour forums looking for "issues" once it becomes big enough or repeated enough that it "could" become an issue, they begin to pay attention.

Back in 2012, BRP redesigned their frames on some models of the ATV's. It was called the G2 frame, (gen 2). Problem was that there was a weak spot in the frame near where the power steering unit was mounted. The stress created by the power steering unit on the frame caused the frames to crack. It became a "known issue" among owners, but many didn't experience a crack. The ATV's came with standard 6 months warranty, (most ATV's are now coming with longer warranties, and extended warranties can be bought). Anyway, the owners with cracks complained to BRP, initially they blamed it on owner abuse, even at one point saying owners were operating on unlevel terrain, and in "off road conditions", the units weren't designed for...lol

Owners kept complaining, and flooded the forums with the issue. finally after about 9 months, BRP acknowledged, it was a design flaw. They came up with a brace to be installed on all customers units, fixed ones in dealer stock, (all at BRP cost), and redesigned, the frame in that area. They also then increased the warranty, on frames, of ALL customers units from the standard 6 months to 7 YEARS! Until that point BRP was taking a crap kicking on the forums, literally overnight everyone was praising them for their customer support actions.

So sometimes social media can be used for good...lol 30 years ago no one would have realized others were also having issues. Now EVERYONE knows in an instant.

Glad to hear the dealership, is NOT the one trying to pull a fast one, (although they are obviously aware of the issue and SHOULD have acknowledged it immediately).

Thanks Hedo. Yeah im planning to spread the word as much as i can. And dealer not being the problem was the only reason i took the car back rather than leaving it there and taking it further up with VW.

Dealers (and dealer mechanics) are hamstrung when they know what a problem is, but aren't able to fix it using factory authorised parts and procedures and setting things to factory specifications, particularly for a vehicle that is under warranty. If the factory specs / parts / procedures don't solve the problem, they can't do anything about it.

Dealers (and dealer mechanics) are hamstrung when they know what a problem is, but aren't able to fix it using factory authorised parts and procedures and setting things to factory specifications, particularly for a vehicle that is under warranty. If the factory specs / parts / procedures don't solve the problem, they can't do anything about it.

Yeah thats basically what this guy told me. He was nice about the whole thing and apologetic but he explained how there is nothing he can do since its a design flaw.

Is imagining whole trips for equally imaginary GTAM points a thing now? Sheesh. The Black Forest is really dark and the residents of Osnabrück were forever apologizing for their perfect English. If you can tell me why without resorting to Google, I'd appreciate it. As for the VW quip, well let's say German humour can be pretty oblique if you're not paying attention.

So you HAVE seen the Volkswagens? ;)

There's humour in Germany?

More than likely that 2.9 rated dealership has an active customer base of around 10,000. The 144 respondents from a google review is not a true reflection of the business, such a small sample, which is often boosted by anonymous employee ramping up the scores. The old "word of mouth" or forum reviews are a much better indicator to go by.

1 person is not a reflection.
10 people are somewhat of a reflection.
144 is a solid sample. Especially when comparing apples to apples.
Remember that it's not just ratings but quite a few reviews.
I can tell you that I had a much better experience at Humberview (high rated) than at Oakville (mediocre rating) or Erin Mills one (low rating).
So while this is not science, it is an educated guess.

On my motorcycle trips I'll pick a 4.5 rated motel over 1.5 motel. When people say they've seen roaches as big as cats I don't believe them, but they've probably seen some sort of a nasty bug. So far so good.

On my motorcycle trips I'll pick a 4.5 rated motel over 1.5 motel. When people say they've seen roaches as big as cats I don't believe them, but they've probably seen some sort of a nasty bug. So far so good.

Same for me, how else are you supposed to a judge a dealership or any other business especially while traveling. People on forums can work if you are on a forum that is local to it but Id need quite a few good reviews on a forum to overcome negative google\trip adviser reviews. I've found google\trip adviser reviews to be accurate enough that I feel safe using them.

I thought once on a trip I was going to be tricked by tripadvisor because a normal Super 8 ended up being the highest rated hotel in this town with about 10 hotels, I figured there was no way on earth it beat out a few other chain hotels that are normally nicer and all the private ones. I dug through as many comments as I could and eventually tried the super 8 since it was the overwhelming favorite, and while I didn't check all the other hotels in the area it was by far the best Super 8 I have ever been to or seen reviews for. It wasn't anything special, It was a normal Super 8, the staff were just well above average, everything worked, it was clean, had a few minor little extra's here and there and the breakfast in the morning actually looked like something you didn't mind eating.

1 person is not a reflection.
10 people are somewhat of a reflection.
144 is a solid sample. Especially when comparing apples to apples.
Remember that it's not just ratings but quite a few reviews.
I can tell you that I had a much better experience at Humberview (high rated) than at Oakville (mediocre rating) or Erin Mills one (low rating).
So while this is not science, it is an educated guess.

I'm a sucker for going by ratings when I really should know better. Especially when it comes to dealerships.

Insider info, many dealerships will bonus staff for positive reviews. If you got paid $50 for each positive review you received, wouldn't you go out and get a crap ton of reviews? Same thing works for customers.

Even without money or other perks changing hands, dealerships will beg and plead for customers to give them surveys.

Unfortunately most positive surveys are not there organically. Think about it, how often do you feel encouraged to write a positive review out of your own accord? Negative experiences are much more likely to result in a review.

The dealerships with more/better survey ratings, are the ones that push them more, not necessarily the better businesses.

You need to write a letter to Transport Canada about the car's problem asking them to investigate. If there is something wrong (it's likely the ABS) they will take note and if there are other complaints, especially if there are accidents, they will actually look into it.

Since they know it's an issue but it's not safety related your best bet is to get a LOT of people complaining officially about it.

Mazda's direct inject fuel system can be quite loud. My car is so loud it is often mistaken for a diesel. Brought it back to dealer twice when I bought it new because of the noise. Common complaint, nothing done. I solved it with a 2000w stereo.

That stealership is terrible though. Had my gf drop off/pick-up my vehicle there last month for a lower control arm recall as she works close by. When she picked it up they told her the brakes were completely worn, a caliper was seized and the car was unsafe. Said they would do them for $1500 and asked for the go-ahead. Funny, brakes were less than half worn when I did my winter tire swap a month prior. Re-checked the calipers the following week at my usual shop and they were fine. Really hate that place. I feel sorry for the people that get taken advantage of (especially trusting pensioners on lower fixed incomes).

Write your issue to:

www.ripoffreport.com

Make sure you use the dealership name and address as well as managers you talked to first and last names. Very important as once they are searched by name, their names will come up in RipoffReport.com Once RipoffReport.com has your link up, send the dealership President, sales manager and service manager the link to your ripoff report. Sit back and watch the action occur to get your problem resolved.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom