Need Advice. Dealership is refusing to honor warranty (car) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need Advice. Dealership is refusing to honor warranty (car)

Wow.. it really depends on the people working there.. My story is my wife's 2016 jetta was so nice that i bought one too!! same car just black. I know how her car drives so i knew what to expect.. when i got mine.. the turbo would produce a faint whining/whistling noise under acceleration.. Drove me nutts!! however her car did not make that whistle. I brought it to the Newmarket dealership.. the service guy there said he thinks he can hear it.. but said that he believes it to be normal.. I argued that its not as we have two of these cars.. but the service manager said that being a new car.. no problem they changed the turbo and anything related to the turbo! it fixed the noise!!! I've dealt with difficult dealership in the past (non VW) and trust me.. go to a different dealership! Warranty is Warranty.. no matter what one you bring it to. They just bill their HQ ..

Take the drive to the VW dealer on the queensway.

My dad has a 14 TDI, and he had some trouble with his dealer on Eglington doing the high pressue sale tactics with fluids ( ohhh it says change it at xyz in the book, we suggest to do it much earlier) and denying warrenty claims.

Night and day between service levels.

Dont trust stealerships

Also not a fan of german cars.

A few years back, I was visiting friends in Germany. Good people. After taking in the sights and brews, we sat down and began chatting about cars. I mentioned my surprise at how few VWs seemed to be on the roads. One of them looked me in the eye and deadpanned: "Volkswagens are not German cars."

You sure you've been to Germany? There are tons of VWs there, as well as Audis, Skodas and Seats.
Volkswagen alone has about 20% of the market and its affiliates another 20%.

As for you OP, I had excellent service from Humber VW (so far). They are highly rated.
Also Georgetown seems to have very good reviews but never been there.

Thanks guys. Im gonna look into the dealers that were mentioned.

The only other dealership in Mississauga (besides 401 Dixie) has a much lower rating of 2.9.

I might have to go to Humber or Queensway.

Ill update after tonight's appointment.

p.s and off topic. im part German and ive also seen a ton of VW in Germany. Even in smaller cities like Dusseldorf where my family lives.

I had similar issue with all of my cars. Dealership would refuse warranty work. Took it to another one till I found a place that treated me well. Then they got my business.

Good luck!

Read Consumer Reports Annual Auto Issue before you buy any car. The Frequency of Repair records for each car model are the best thing published about cars anywhere. Volkswagen is one of the worst cars you can buy.

ratings/reviews found em online

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in those "online ratings"....

If one dealer is 2.9 and the ones nearby are 4.2 and 4.6 respectively then why not?

Most dealers have a ton of reviews which reduces the impact of the owners loving family's votes and his hating neighbour's.

I wouldn't say that I pick places solely based on reviews but I definitely read them and they affect my decision when it comes to hotels, restaurants, motorcycle stores, etc. - especially places that are far away, that I will most likely visit once in my lifetime.

If it gets to the CAMVAP stage you'll be assigned an abitrator, that's where all the documentation helps. They will also have an inspector check out the issue to see if it's genuine so make sure you understand the issues with your VW as much as possible. VW Corporate will probably intervene once it's filed to avoid a judgement, which is kept on record.

I had an option of proceeding with arbitration or FCA offered to have the vehicle looked at through another dealership. Since I was pretty sure what the issue was I had it inspected and repaired at another dealership on FCA's dime and cancelled the request for binding arbitration.

Keep us informed how you progress on this.

I don't know about the rest of the VW dealers, but Owasco makes you sign a contract opting out of CAMVAP when you are purchasing a vehicle. I don't know if you push hard enough if they would complete the sale without you signing it.

UPDATE:

I went in last night and the brake was of course still making the same noise.

The tech supe comes over and starts explaining the situation to me. He agreed that this is indeed an abnormal noise (not what they said the night before) and a brake pedal should not make this grinding/farting sounds.

That said, he mentioned that it seems to be a design flaw since they all have the same issue. of course i didn't take his word on the spot and i asked him to show me a few other Golfs on the lot. He showed me one which he picked and it made the same noise. I asked to see a few other Golfs on the lot but i wanted to pick them out just to be sure.

We walked around and i picked out 2 Golf TSIs, 1 GTI and 1 Golf R. All new and to my surprise and disappointment, they all had the same issue. He not only agreed with me on my initial argument that this is NOT a normal sound even if they all make the same noise, but he also rewrote the work order and specifically mentioned that the noise indeed exists and it is not normal. He also indicated that the customer is leaving with the noise still persisting and needs to be further investigated.

He had also contacted VW tech dep and brought this up and documented the issue as one across the board.

He said there is nothing more he can do at the dealer level since all these cars have the same exact issue. He encouraged me to take this up further with VW Canada and document this issue with them since only if many people have the same issue, it will force them to look into an upgrade.

So i left the dealership knowing they were not trying to screw me over and also having both video and written confirmation from them that this indeed is an abnormal noise and it has not been fixed.

I recorder everything on video from the time i walked in and i have them admitting to the problem's existence many times.

The hard part is now what? It wouldve been much easier to fix if it was my car only by maybe going to a different dealer. But if they all have the same issue, im not sure who to go to other than contacting VW Canada.

OK well at least they've admitted that it IS an issue, and unfortunately is common about the make/model. Next steps aren't so clear unfortunately. In my previous life, we would get Jag Canada involved and their master technicians would be involved in this step once something was an issue that was not an issue, but a common complaint according to owners. This step would be a very long and painful process as a car would come in for a month or so while they literally stripped it down to the offending part and worked on how to fix this. Many times I'd have a service tech sitting in the middle of his bay with an entire wiring harness around him as he fiddled with each connector/ part checking functionality. Painful process, but worked for the most part and issues were resolved.

Now it'll depend on how deep VW wants to get into this. Search forums, talk to other dealers, talk to some techs if you can. They have seen it, and maybe someone has a fix that they utilized but wasn't part of the official 'repair' for this issue. Good luck.

OK well at least they've admitted that it IS an issue, and unfortunately is common about the make/model. Next steps aren't so clear unfortunately. In my previous life, we would get Jag Canada involved and their master technicians would be involved in this step once something was an issue that was not an issue, but a common complaint according to owners. This step would be a very long and painful process as a car would come in for a month or so while they literally stripped it down to the offending part and worked on how to fix this. Many times I'd have a service tech sitting in the middle of his bay with an entire wiring harness around him as he fiddled with each connector/ part checking functionality. Painful process, but worked for the most part and issues were resolved.

Now it'll depend on how deep VW wants to get into this. Search forums, talk to other dealers, talk to some techs if you can. They have seen it, and maybe someone has a fix that they utilized but wasn't part of the official 'repair' for this issue. Good luck.

yes what you said is pretty much what he told me as well.

That as of now, VW has no specific fix for it and he wont be allowed to do his own "unorthodox" fixes as a dealer.

My only way forward now is to inform forums and ask people to file a complaint to VW Canada if they are also experiencing the same issue. Also to follow up with VW Canada.

Such a shame for VW to not attend to such a problem with all their cars at the time that they should be mending their reputation after that whole fiasco.

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this situation?

VW has always been crap. I've never recommended one in my life and never will. and with the emission scandal, they can go to hell.

dump it and buy a Honda.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom