Nailed for driving on shoulder 401 Westney | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nailed for driving on shoulder 401 Westney

Difference is that now others have to wait because of you. You sitting in traffic, and someone filtering past you has absolutely no effect on the time you arrive at home. You being envious is not their fault.

So when they are done using the shoulder they don't re enter regular traffic??

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when they are done using the shoulder they don't re enter regular traffic??

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you home later when traffic is moving normally and someone passes you legally? And if you're in the left lane sitting idly, and someone uses the right shoulder to hit the next off-ramp, that affects you?

Why didn't you answer the other questions?

...you just ate at burrito boyz, and are sitting in a huge jam while wearing your new custom dainese leathers. You also just heard that the jam will take hours to clear up. Do you sit there with explosive diarrhea and soil your $2000 leathers, or make your way through the jam?

You have no special legal rights as a motorcycle rider. You are not special in any way. Laws are to be followed by everyone, including you, and will be enforced by the police. Of course there will be times when you will err, but then expect and accept the consequences for your actions. This "holier than thou" attitude smells of spoilt brat syndrome.

I'm only riding a motorcycle, so I'm an exception. Can you hear yourself when you spew this crap out? And on a motorcycle forum. We're all motorcycle riders, and there is no exception for any of us (except for the bike cops on the forum, you know who you are).

...Do you sit there with explosive diarrhea and soil your $2000 leathers, or make your way through the jam?

Ride to the edge of the highway. Park your bike. Take your crap. Just don't step in it, on the way back, like you just did on this forum.

Are you home later when traffic is moving normally and someone passes you legally? And if you're in the left lane sitting idly, and someone uses the right shoulder to hit the next off-ramp, that affects you?

Why didn't you answer the other questions?

Yes. What kind of moronic question is that? Why don't you just ride on the shoulder constantly if you feel the way you do?

If I was waiting for the actual off ramp to start when someone passed me then yes, that affects me.

Stop asking stupid questions.

Difference is that now others have to wait because of you. You sitting in traffic, and someone filtering past you has absolutely no effect on the time you arrive at home. You being envious is not their fault.

All those vehemently against it, have you ever downloaded a movie/show/song/software/etc? Those actually do impact the lives of others. I'm guessing there's a lot of self-righteous hypocrites here.

Last question, you just ate at burrito boyz, and are sitting in a huge jam while wearing your new custom dainese leathers. You also just heard that the jam will take hours to clear up. Do you sit there with explosive diarrhea and soil your $2000 leathers, or make your way through the jam?

True story?

I've thought about this, but only would ever consider doing it if I was stuck in traffic (not moving at all) at 30C, and only needed to use the shoulder for a few hundred metres to make it to the next ramp to get off. Other than that, too risky for reasons mentioned already in the thread.

That said, I still remember years ago stuck waiting near the same section of road due to an accident. Saw 2 cruisers fly up the shoulder, followed by a civic or corolla about 2 mins later thinking they were smart...followed by the firetruck 30 sec later. That driver likely had a very very very bad day once he caught up to the cops and blocked the firetruck. lol

Not on a bike but I was stuck in traffic thinking it was everyone ahead waiting for the next left but when I pulled onto the shoulder to bypass a few cars I realized that it was jammed for as I could see. Then I also noticed the cop car behind me.

I made a quick right and pulled to the side and the cop went by leaving me alone. I used to think you could use the shoulder to pass a left turner but I now think differently.

Re the explosive diarrhea; What bugs me is when they close a road for hours not considering that there are people with numerous irritable bowel problems, diabetics, dialysis patients, etc that get stuck in these jams and no way out. Do they call 911 and ask permission to go home for their meds?

They allow an hour for a 30 minute trip but it takes three hours. Are they supposed to drive an RV with a built in med clinic?

On a bike you have to accept that you don't have shelter from the weather. If you can't accept it then take the cage.

Lol, do people lie online? I was riding shotgun, buddy pulling a trailer, got pulled for crap trailer/unsafe load and ticketed. Cop let us drive away. True.
But there was no ticket for stopping on the shoulder was there?? Lol. The ticket was for the other infringements.

Re the explosive diarrhea; What bugs me is when they close a road for hours not considering that there are people with numerous irritable bowel problems, diabetics, dialysis patients, etc that get stuck in these jams and no way out. Do they call 911 and ask permission to go home for their meds?
I've gotten stuck on the 401 one time when I had to pee so bad that when I finally got off the highway I just pulled into some random housing complex, jumped out of my car but left it running with the door open in the middle of the parking lot, hopped a fence, did my business in the bush, then had to lay down for a bit and let the pain subside as I considered whether or not I needed an ambulance. Turned out OK but it was very unpleasant. Luckily no one stole my car since that was a pretty sketchy complex I found although the kids that were hanging around gave me weird looks when I came back to the car. Funny to think back on, though. I can't imagine what it must be like for someone with more medical issues than me when their 1 hr commute unexpectedly turns into 3-5.

How is riding on the shoulder "****ing everyone else"? You know you could use the shoulder, and even lane split in congested traffic without affecting a single person.

+1. Dont get it either. In any emergency situation bike can easy move out. But people gets angry to see somebody moving in traffic.

When I go to to the bank I just walk past everyone in line and go right up to the next available clerk.

What do you think would happen if, lets say Taiwan, made lane splitting and shoulder riding illegal for motorcycles and scooters. Do you think overall traffic congestion would increase or decrease?

油井緋色;2312173 said:
What do you think would happen if, lets say Taiwan, made lane splitting and shoulder riding illegal for motorcycles and scooters. Do you think overall traffic congestion would increase or decrease?

Then they would have another burden to bear which should be no problem because they already set the world standard for human cohesiveness.

years ago, probably 10+ years ago I got stopped for riding in the shoulder. Cop asked me why, I told him that my bike was overheating (air cooler) and I needed air on it. I could either stop the bike and get off and wait 20 minutes or ride slowly along thru traffic. It was one of those days that was humidex at +40c. I told him I was just heading to the next off ramp.

He told me to keep moving along.

Wel i guess by GTAM standards I should be CONSTANTLY on the shoulder after all I am a diabetic and I can't afford to be stuck in stop and go traffic. Oh wait I don't use the 401 at rush hour. I can get home just as quickly if I use artierial roads instead. Plus I actually carry insulin with me, (high sugar isn't a big issue for me just means I have to piss more often. I also carry items which won't melt/degrade in the heat with sugar in the event I start to get a lower blood sugar. If it, (low blood sugar), was becoming that big of a concern, then I would get bike to shoulder park it and dial 911. I wouldn't even TRY to ride while suffering low sugar, (increased risk of passing out or having a siezure), not to mention diabetics in low blood sugar situations are often mistaken for impaired driving as their demeanor and actions are VERY very similiar.

Before I was diagnosed I stopped a fellow was initially convinced he was impaired, he was diabetic.

So yes a bike is more managable to get out of the way of emergency vehicles but you are also at a greater risk of getting hit by someone ****** at you. If you can drive along the shoulder then so shold everyone else at whih point it is just another lane and then everyone is stuck MUCH longer as the emergency vehicles trying to get to accident to clear highway are sitting behind everyone else. If you THINK you should be able to ride the shoulder it is because you have NO concept of being an equal and you Do think your special. Well snowflake your NOT,..lol

Last edited:
Shoulder riding is not a good thing.

Lane splitting is, safer for riders and helps traffic. Qualifying that is it safe only when it is legal since everyone is expecting it, if cars don't expect it bad stuff will happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNGD9AAIfFU

Last edited:
+1. Dont get it either. In any emergency situation bike can easy move out. But people gets angry to see somebody moving in traffic.

And if there's 10+ bikes?

Apparently M desgination on licenses means "me" ....

Yes. What kind of moronic question is that?
Explain that one to me. You're in the right lane in free flowing traffic, someone passes you in the left lane, how are they affecting your drive home? You either can't read, or understand.

And I've clearly said a few times now, I don't think there's anything special about me. I simply choose to break different laws than the laws that others break. Riding on the shoulder is a smaller ticket than doing 20kms over the limit, yet I can guarantee everyone on this forum breaks that law DAILY. So what you guys are saying is that it's okay for YOU to break laws that you're comfortable breaking, but it's not okay for others to break laws that you're uncomfortable with, even when those laws carry a smaller fine. Even if I didn't ride, I'd still support lane splitting and filtering. When I'm driving and come to a red light, if there's a car behind me that's turning right I will always move up into the cross walk (assuming there's no pedestrians) so the person behind me can be on their way. The dumb @$$ mentality of "I'm waiting so they have to wait" would never cross my mind. It is of absolutely no benefit to me that they wait behind me, and it costs me nothing to let them past.

Last edited:
And I've clearly said a few times now, I don't think there's anything special about me. I simply choose to break different laws than the laws that others break. Riding on the shoulder is a smaller ticket than doing 20kms over the limit, yet I can guarantee everyone on this forum breaks that law DAILY. So what you guys are saying is that it's okay for YOU to break laws that you're comfortable breaking, but it's not okay for others to break laws that you're uncomfortable with, even when those laws carry a smaller fine.

Interesting. So as it stands everybody breaks the 20 over everyday but 99% don't drive on the shoulder even tho it's a smaller ticket. Wowsers. Why do you suppose that is? What do the 99% get or don't get that is so crystal clear to you?

Back
Top Bottom