Muskoka Roads | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Muskoka Roads

Just did a long ride up that way - here's the routeBig Chute was good, with a few minor sandy spots, but most of the sand was gone compared to a few weeks ago. Does anyone know when boats usually go across the locks there?Peninsula Rd/632 was great if I remember right - PLau: here it isSwords Rd was great - PLau: here it is518 was pretty sandy in spots, especially at some of the tightest 1st gear turns.McDougall Rd and Bunny Trail and Hwy 520 west of Magnetewan were awesome.Nipissing Trail was awesome -

Shane, nice routes. How long does it take to ride this ?

Last edited:
Thanks shane ;)

Guess that means I'll be making another trip north before I head to the Northern roads of Ottawa :p

Shane, nice routes. How long does it take to ride this ?
I usually do this route in about 8 hours with a short stop along Ravenscliffe for lunch at Buck Lake. Factoring in getting up to the start point and getting home from the base of the 507, and I would say it's closer to an 11 hour total ride from the GTA (moving at a spirited pace). Lately though, the 507 is just not doing it for me anymore, so I would probably rework the route to not include it and go somewhere else.

The #7 which is also called Kennisis Lake Rd is paved as well and usually free of sand. For the loop portion - if you are talking about Watts Trail at the north end of Kennisis Lake, then yes it's paved. It has lots of sand on it too. Without sand on it, it is a pretty challenging road, so the sand makes it pretty interesting. I like to practice my smoothness of shifting and braking on these types of roads too. They repaved about 1/2 of it last year, but the 1/2 that remains to be done is in need of repair.
Regardless, I highly recommend it, especially later in the season (after August), when the sand has been cleaned off. I would like to just go exploring the other roads in the area to whats paved and what isn't. I'm sure they are all technical and fun.
http://goo.gl/maps/yyRIv

I hit southwood today and it's a bloody disaster. I don't know where all the sand came from, but it's everywhere. The top quarter (where it intersects 169) and the area roughly in the middle where there are more rocks than trees are the only relatively clear spots.

I hit southwood today and it's a bloody disaster. I don't know where all the sand came from, but it's everywhere. The top quarter (where it intersects 169) and the area roughly in the middle where there are more rocks than trees are the only relatively clear spots.

:( when i was there in April the road was completely covered in sand, and for spots where its clear, the tarmac was jagged enough to get air traveling at the speed limit.

Back
Top Bottom