MotoGP 2014 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2014

Haha! Look what I found. Same track, same corner and everything!

MotoGP_2006_honda_champion.jpg

Looks like Hayden's got at least 2-3 inches on Marquez. Might have something to do with his forward riding position?

1363572292_257998_1363572402_noticia_normal.jpg

I'd like to see Rossi have a better year, but there is a lot of talent in front and coming from behind. Its not ruled out yet that Stoner won't pop up in the mix. He could probably use a extra few million bucks to get the baby into good day care.
Could Stoner go toe to toe with a younger and fearless MM? Pedrosa seems to think alot about finishing, not balls out riding, where MM and Lorenzo will give it all.

Rossi says he's gotta get better by race 6, or he'll retire at the end of 2014.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...e-rests-on-first-six-races-of-2014/24077.html

I hope I am wrong, but I just can't see how he will be more competitive than he was this season. The only thing I can think of is that his new engineer is able to adjust the bike more to Rossi's preferences. But as the second rider on the team, I'm not sure how much pull he can have in the overall bike's setup.

I hope I am wrong, but I just can't see how he will be more competitive than he was this season. The only thing I can think of is that his new engineer is able to adjust the bike more to Rossi's preferences. But as the second rider on the team, I'm not sure how much pull he can have in the overall bike's setup.
Simple - The M1 was build around Lorenzo for the past few years since VR left for duccati, over the winter VR will make sure to build the bike around him again like when he won consecutive tittles.

Different riding stiles, VR prefers late braking over corner speed unlike Lorenzo, he had to adapt to Lorenzo's riding style and when we are talking 2 tenths of a second between 1st and 4th it makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
Simple - The M1 was build around Lorenzo for the past few years since VR left for duccati, over the winter VR will make sure to build the bike around him again like when he won consecutive tittles.

Different riding stiles, VR prefers late braking over corner speed unlike Lorenzo, he had to adapt to Lorenzo's riding style and when we are talking 2 tenths of a second between 1st and 4th it makes a huge difference.

I get that. My point is that if there is something that has to be done just beyond the setup, Yamaha is unlikely to do it to just benefit Rossi.

I get that. My point is that if there is something that has to be done just beyond the setup, Yamaha is unlikely to do it to just benefit Rossi.
Why not? after all they are investing millions on his salary, earning millions from his sponsors and his high profile, why would they not invest?

Lorenzo is not well liked even in his own country

Why not? after all they are investing millions on his salary, earning millions from his sponsors and his high profile, why would they not invest?

Rossi's going to sell T-shirts and hats regardless of whether he wins or not.

Better to develop a bike around Lorenzo who stands a better chance of winning another World Championship than someone whose best days are behind him.

Rossi's going to sell T-shirts and hats regardless of whether he wins or not.

Better to develop a bike around Lorenzo who stands a better chance of winning another World Championship than someone whose best days are behind him.
I would think they still see Rossi as a potential world champion or they wouldn't give him the M1, after this season if he doesn't perform all bets are off.

They may have seen him as potential WC when they signed him away from Ducati. Probably not so much now, when compared to younger talent.
I don't know, so far this year he beat every other young talent except for MM, of course he has the better bike but i don't see anyone else doing better than 4th on his M1. I am however excited to see what the Rookies will do this year.

I think we will all know by the middle of the season, I however feel fairly confident he will be up there with the other 3, I do not think he will be a WC again.

I would think they still see Rossi as a potential world champion or they wouldn't give him the M1, after this season if he doesn't perform all bets are off.

He brings a lot of sponsorship money to wherever he rides, they'll happily give him anything (except a totally redesigned bike IMO) until he retires. He's very close to the front and if one of the regulars misses a podium because of a DNS/DNF he will happily take that step or maybe even beat them outright but he'll never win another championship.

It'll be weird not looking for his position in timing and scoring, I don't remember watching a world championship race without him riding some size of bike and cheering him on.

He (rossi) brings sponsors with wheelbarrows full of cash to whomever has him signed. Like anyone of his talent he'll hang it up before he starts seeing 10 and 12 place finishes, but being WC may elude him going forward. I think Yamaha has the bankroll and devotion to sport to really give him a shot to get to the podium again. Paying Burgess to stay home and hiring a new rossi helper isn't cheap.

My guess is he will finish 3rd again behind Marquez and Lorenzo. Pedrosa has more or less established who he is at this point.
I will bump him down one more spot to overall 4th with many podiums

I think the Championship will be fought the following way:

- MM and JL fighting for #1
- VR and Pedrosa fighting for #3

And a bunch of people fighting for 5th
- Pol Espargaro
- Stefan Bradl
- Scott Redding
- Alvaro Bautista
- Aleix Espargaro
- Nicky Hayden

Yes I left out all the rest and I did not make any mistakes in my opinion

Cal Crutchlow - Will be close until he crashes a few times and realizes he is riding a piece of **** bike
Andrea Dovizioso - Disappointing
Bradley Smith - Disappointing
Colin Edwards - He could be up there but to be honest, I don't think he gives a damn anymore

Back
Top Bottom