Lorenzo was dominant
Rossi was on a mission
Marquez is fast
Pedrosa is still an enigma
Crutchelow have moved up the echelon
Ducati faded
Everyone else was a non-factor
CRT is pointless

Lorenzo rides a perfect race every time, and this track worked well for the Yamahas. On other tracks, he will have problems with the Hondas, but if he rides like he did in Qatar everywhere else, he will defend his crown.

Marquez, what a champ. I was thinking that he'd get passed by Rossi and then just take his 3rd, but he tried to fight back. Amazing race, this guy is going to light up the championship this year. We need more guys like him in there - fighters.

Pedrosa hasn't been good on this track all weekend, so I'm not taking this as a sign of things to come. That said, I think he will have problems getting a title with Marquez on the same bike. He was clearly holding the other guys up this race.

Crutchlow qualified and tested well, but I hoped to see more from him in the race. He needed to be more aggressive, something I didn't expect to be saying. I like him though, and would like to see him on Pedrosa's bike next year.

Ducati finished as expected. The Pramac duo were both hurting pretty badly, and Hayden couldn't seem to get the track figured out. I think he will de better elsewhere, though. He has the experience to win battles (watch early races last season). Dovi is doing very well on the Ducati, props to him.

CRTs will change next year, as they get Yamaha engines and Honda packages. They've stepped up their game from last year, though. They're providing some entertainment in the back currently, and watching them qualify is pretty neat still.

Wait, what? o_O
I didn't understand what he said either?? Rossi was on a Yama!!? lol. Highest duck was Dovi in 7th??

-Jamie M.

11030_10151411734493406_1071246567_n.jpg

Haha just beat me to it!
Ahhhhhhh! Damn commercials on Speed!!! I did see him for 2 seconds on the back but they never said what that was about!! They always go to commercials at the most retarded spots :(

I thought you had to have enough fuel in your bike to have it pass tech/dyno run after the race, or is that not in MotoGP?

-Jamie M.

Rossi ran out of fuel on the cool down. His buddy Iannone had give him a tow!

11030_10151411734493406_1071246567_n_zpsd09f6625.jpg

LOL zing, I totally forgot about that part.

MotoGP subscription rocks. ****** Speed.

I thought you had to have enough fuel in your bike to have it pass tech/dyno run after the race, or is that not in MotoGP?

-Jamie M.

All bikes have to have a "minimum weight".... you can have as much or as little fuel as you want, as long as you meet that minimum requirement (add ballasts if needed).

Moto 2 and Moto 3 are Bike + rider, I believe. MotoGP is bike alone. http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Basics/bikes - last year's rules. Bikes are weighed after race. So fuel isn't a factor (can't hide that extra weight by adding more fuel).

Last edited:
I didn't understand what he said either?? Rossi was on a Yama!!? lol. Highest duck was Dovi in 7th??

-Jamie M.
His bike ran out of gas and he got a ride on a Duc to the winners podium

Edit: never mind

Yeaaa for Motogp subscription - stream to tv on HD

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh! Damn commercials on Speed!!! I did see him for 2 seconds on the back but they never said what that was about!! They always go to commercials at the most retarded spots :(

-Jamie M.

I caught it all on speed....thats how I watched the race

I caught it all on speed....thats how I watched the race
On the live broadcast? They went to commercial as soon as the race was done, came back and Rossi was on the Duck, then "thanks for watching, goodbye" no podium, no nothin.

-Jamie M.

Rossi ran out of fuel on the cool down. His buddy Iannone had give him a tow!

LOL! Totally missed the joke =(

I really think that my motogp.com subscription is money well spent - I watch all of the videos and they're great quality. The rider interviews are interesting to watch, too. I'd buy one for WSBK if I had the option.

That said, it kind of crapped out at the start of the race. That was the first time it has ever happened to me, and my GF and I were both freaking out. By the end of the race I forgot all about it, though =D

LOL zing, I totally forgot about that part.

MotoGP subscription rocks. ****** Speed.

All bikes have to have a "minimum weight".... you can have as much or as little fuel as you want, as long as you meet that minimum requirement (add ballasts if needed).

Moto 2 and Moto 3 are Bike + rider, I believe. MotoGP is bike alone. http://www.motogp.com/en/MotoGP+Basics/bikes - last year's rules. Bikes are weighed after race. So fuel isn't a factor (can't hide that extra weight by adding more fuel).

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a limit on the amount of fuel you're allowed to carry? 21litres or something? I thought that the CRT bikes are allowed to carry an extra litre or two to help bridge the gap to the factory bikes.

I remember reading / hearing that the fuel limit was a disadvantage to heavier riders. They would have to change the bike's fuel mapping to ensure they didn't run out on larger tracks and therefore were a bit down on HP.

I laughed at Rossi getting a ride with Ianonne :)

As for the no podium showing live, it seems like the BBC coverage had the same thing, maybe restrictions enforced?

Did anyone see what happened to Edwards' front sprocket? Bad luck for him as he was saying the bike set-up had been good this weekend:

yqa7uta5.jpg

Did anyone see what happened to Edwards' front sprocket? Bad luck for him as he was saying the bike set-up had been good this weekend:

yqa7uta5.jpg
That's the rear FYI :D And yikes!!! Reminds me of my friends gixxer:

60856dcd-orig.jpg

72e92d5a-orig.jpg

-Jamie M.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom