Min wage increase | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

Advocating for fairness is now considered entitled. Exactly how butt hurt are you about stuff?

Disagree. I worked for the company in a capacity, I saw exactly what he did. Yes, it obviously doesn't mean all CEOs are the same.
You have one anecdotal piece of evidence , I'm pointing to something more established. Just saying that leaders tend to work harder and longer, that's all. This image of CEO$ smoking cigars and golfing all day is skewed. For whatever it's worth.

You have one anecdotal piece of evidence , I'm pointing to something more established. Just saying that leaders tend to work harder and longer, that's all. This image of CEO$ smoking cigars and golfing all day is skewed. For whatever it's worth.

Nobody's arguing against that why are you arguing for it? Speaking of one anecdote, Dofasco short term ceo walked away with $33million parting gift. Made good money while working brutal 57/hr weeks. Minimal golf. Life is not far.

Nobody's arguing against that why are you arguing for it? Speaking of one anecdote, Dofasco short term ceo walked away with $33million parting gift. Made good money while working brutal 57/hr weeks. Minimal golf. Life is not far.
Good for him. Job well done.

Are they worth the millions most at the bigger companies get paid or do you think executive compensation has gotten out of hand?

Are they worth the millions most at the bigger companies get paid or do you think executive compensation has gotten out of hand?

I'm currently not a shareholder in any large companies so I can't answer your question. If a company performs well under a CEO, the shareholders can decide to pay him (or her, but lol) whatever they want. And if another company wants to steal him away because he's so marvellous at his job, they might just be offering him an even bigger pay check. What you guys don't seem to understand is that there's a job market out there for these people, just as there's a job market for plumbers and burger flippers. Corporations compete for these guys and their salaries are reflective of that fact.

A tim hortons employee is responsible for his uniform and the coffee carafe, or maybe the till if he's a manager.

A mechanic is responsible for your car and his tools.

A CEO is responsible for employees, shareholders, and stakeholders sometimes numbering in the tens of thousands, and worth billions of dollars. The liability is immense.

Apparently the only thing that matters is hours worked? Okay.

The liability that gets them golden parachutes when they screw up? Yes.

I see you don't understand the significance of the issue. So let me reiterate, one of many reasons why a CEO is paid millions is that they take on exponentially higher responsibility and liability in the position they hold.

I see you don't understand the significance of the issue. So let me reiterate, one of many reasons why a CEO is paid millions is that they take on exponentially higher responsibility and liability in the position they hold.

Yeah but..... they only work 60 hours a week. I do believe this is NOT FAIR. Will have to confirm with inreb, though.

I hate agreeing with @mmmnaked, but....if the shareholders want to pay, then they pay. If the ceos can negotiate a payout clause in their contract, so be it. Do I think they should make so much? Not my decision. Charlie Sheen was #winning when he negotiated getting $2 million per episode even after he got fired. So not fair! Lol. More power to him. If they wanna pay me $2 more and I don't have to work harder, who am I to complain. (no question mark because it was a rhetorical question)
Many people complain that ceos of charities should be paid less than ceos of for profit companies. I call BS on that too. Pay people what they would make somewhere else. If the market will pay, then the ceo's are gonna play.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I hate agreeing with @mmmnaked, but....if the shareholders want to pay, then they pay. If the ceos can negotiate a payout clause in their contract, so be it. Do I think they should make so much? Not my decision. Charlie Sheen was #winning when he negotiated getting $2 million per episode even after he got fired. So not fair! Lol. More power to him. If they wanna pay me $2 more and I don't have to work harder, who am I to complain. (no question mark because it was a rhetorical question)
Many people complain that ceos of charities should be paid less than ceos of for profit companies. I call BS on that too. Pay people what they would make somewhere else. If the market will pay, then the ceo's are gonna play.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Free market economy... unless the CEOs, the rich in general and their puppet politicians are artificially manipulating the the market to favour themselves over the working poor... Race to the bottom.

Free market economy... unless the CEOs, the rich in general and their puppet politicians are artificially manipulating the the market to favour themselves over the working poor... Race to the bottom.

Wholesale revolution of the system would be necessary to remedy this, to which the inevitable answer always seems to be some form of communism or central control of the means of production. Do I want the power spread amongst the rich? Or do I want the power spread across a much smaller number of authoritarian government figures who simply 'know whats best'? I'll take what we have, thanks.

First of all there's a difference between a couple million and 50 million. I understand the higher responsibility but what exactly is the liability? Do ceo's have to cough up monies lost? Do they go to jail? Do they go to mismanagement camp? What?

Wholesale revolution of the system would be necessary to remedy this, to which the inevitable answer always seems to be some form of communism or central control of the means of production. Do I want the power spread amongst the rich? Or do I want the power spread across a much smaller number of authoritarian government figures who simply 'know whats best'? I'll take what we have, thanks.

So you finally admit there's a problem. Was that so hard? Not looking to you for a solution tho, so longs you're not pouring coffee alls well but wouldn't you rather be richer? Maybe try harder.

Back
Top Bottom