Min wage increase | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

By what measure?

More or less any metric you want to use. The gap between the richest and poorest citizens for example has been growing steadily year upon year. Trickle down economics works amazingly well for the already rich but not so much for the less fortunate among us. There's not a lot of trickling and an awful lot of hoarding.

More or less any metric you want to use. The gap between the richest and poorest citizens for example has been growing steadily year upon year. Trickle down economics works amazingly well for the already rich but not so much for the less fortunate among us. There's not a lot of trickling and an awful lot of hoarding.

What could change, and which countries are examples of a better system? I assume your comments are largely pointed at the USA, so comparing with other nations would require a sizeable population and equally varied demographics - nearly impossible.

What could change, and which countries are examples of a better system? I assume your comments are largely pointed at the USA, so comparing with other nations would require a sizeable population and equally varied demographics - nearly impossible.

I don't think there is one universally better system but it's certainly not one that's overly biased on making the rich richer. Corporations should be good corporate citizens and pay reasonable taxes and there should be incentives for doing business in certain places.

Lots of states offer strong incentives to draw in businesses. The feds could certainly do better when it comes to keeping cash stateside though thats for sure. I guess I don't see it as a dire situation though. Sure there's some poverty down there, but nothing out of whack with the rest of the civilized world. 30 million households are in the >$100k/yr bracket. Another 35 million in the 50-100k range.. that's a lot of people living happy lives IMO.

Liberals like to complain about the rich having so much money & how they should give some to the poor. They don't know how hard the rich worked to get there

They also like to cover up how rich the Liberal elite is. Do as I say not as I do..........
I know. Not until recently I found out Kathleen Wynne's salary was. Much more than a US senator

Liberals like to complain about the rich having so much money & how they should give some to the poor. They don't know how hard the rich worked to get there

Lol...yes Trump worked so hard to get his $$ mill loan from his dad and all that inheritance and dodging the draft for Vietnam. Also I'd forgotten all those CEOs that work so hard to thoroughly earn their $$40 mill+ per year regardless of whether their company is actually a monopoly and regardless of how poorly the company actually performs.

You're out to lunch.

Everything comes back to Trump for some reason lol

FWIW I bet most CEOs work their ***** off doing ungodly hours. They're encompassed by their jobs. It takes a certain personality to get to that position. Whether it's worth the obscene compensation is up to the shareholders I suppose.

Everything comes back to Trump for some reason lol

FWIW I bet most CEOs work their ***** off doing ungodly hours. They're encompassed by their jobs. It takes a certain personality to get to that position. Whether it's worth the obscene compensation is up to the shareholders I suppose.

I know a few CEOs. One helped run a company into the ground and then was replaced....I bumped into him a few years later as the CEO of another similar company and wondered how the heck he got the job. Turns out that quite a few of these idiots just swap around each other's jobs in a form of a big old boys club. I'm sure there are some that do great jobs...but there seems to be a lot more that just feed off a very large and growing trough. A trough that isn't open to the likes of you or I.

Sunshine GTAMers lamenting their choice of trough. Ha.

Lol...yes Trump worked so hard to get his $$ mill loan from his dad and all that inheritance and dodging the draft for Vietnam. Also I'd forgotten all those CEOs that work so hard to thoroughly earn their $$40 mill+ per year regardless of whether their company is actually a monopoly and regardless of how poorly the company actually performs.

You're out to lunch.

Clearly, you have never ran a buisness before

You're out to lunch.

You think Donald didn't risk anything?
You liberals know how much times he failed running a business. That's the amount of times he risked his savings

Time for some MPP and MP Pension reform.

Never begrudge the wealthy for being wealthy. It's how they got wealthy that should be of interest. Isn't that obvious? Example, manipulating and strategizing situations to your favour in a way that fundamentally abuses other people is now considered winning. It's there for everybody to see and it's applauded in this morally bankrupt society. Speaking against it almost makes one a weirdo is how badly we've been culturally manipulated.

Giving people jobs is abuse. Kill the oppressive patriarchy.

Giving people jobs is abuse. Kill the oppressive patriarchy.

You can make fun if you want but the "system" is full of saboteurs and that has a detrimental effect on the economy, culture and quality of life for many. The evidence is there for all to see. That's why we're having this discussion. Not to keep going back to the well but Germany 1930's would be a case study of cutting out the rot c/w splendid results. Somebody else called it draining the swamp. Don't blame the vast army of low wage workers for societies ills, they are the backbone.

Back
Top Bottom