Middle Weight Sport Tourers! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Middle Weight Sport Tourers!

It sounds like the OP keeps his bikes for the long haul. Forget the heavy and squishy Japanese offerings and go straight to the BMW S1000XR.

I haven't ridden the FJ-09 yet, but I have a feeling that I will like it. The reviews have been good and I like the way it looks. More power than my present bike, fuel injected and ABS. Pretty much all the bike I need.

I test rode the FJ-09 and fell in love. I don't know how to tell my VFR. WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?

I haven't ridden the FJ-09 yet, but I have a feeling that I will like it. The reviews have been good and I like the way it looks. More power than my present bike, fuel injected and ABS. Pretty much all the bike I need.
Let us know if it has the twitchy throttle like the fz09 or the sketchy suspension. It really is a nice nice bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Serious bike....go for it...

static_2.jpg

Fixed a few FZ-09 quirks according to the article.

http://www.cyclenews.com/358/22631/Racing-Article/2013-Suzuki-Burgman-650-ABS-Riding-Impression.aspx

Glad my kid got the FZ-08 instead...he's really happy with it.

I test rode the FJ-09 and fell in love.
Thought the FJ-09 likely had what you were looking for. Quite the bike.

I don't know how to tell my VFR. WHY IS LIFE SO HARD?
The VFR is an inanimate object and won't mind. IMO, people should always try new life experience and have no regrets about it.

While I'm keeping an eye on this thread... I'm gonna be eyeing hard the fj07 when it comes out. Probably gonna consider it in 2 years after it comes out (like I did with current bike) so the quirks of first gen model get sorted out.

While I'm keeping an eye on this thread... I'm gonna be eyeing hard the fj07 when it comes out. Probably gonna consider it in 2 years after it comes out (like I did with current bike) so the quirks of first gen model get sorted out.
Would you be keeping the CB500X and have both? I just don't picture ever getting rid of mine.

FJ-09 looks like the perfect street bike on paper, but I can't get over the ADVish looks. Looks better in pictures than in person.

Not what I would pick for long haul ownership, and overkill for touring.

The FJ-09 is almost $7k cheaper than the S1000XR (and I bet it is that or more when you price out the side bags and accessories you'd want). That can, for example, buy another nice motorcycle. :)

FJ-09 looks like the perfect street bike on paper, but I can't get over the ADVish looks. Looks better in pictures than in person.
I haven't heard that often. I find the FJ-09 looks better in person than in pictures. Either way, this is a good example of why everyone should check for themselves.

Some people are changing up the look as it isn't hard. There are a few examples with the bar guards off, bikini windscreens, aftermarket belly pan/fairing, etc. The bike is selling very well and people are changing the look and setting them up across the gamut, from full tourer to adv bike to naked aggressive, etc. I see lots of aftermarket parts coming out over time.

Would you be keeping the CB500X and have both? I just don't picture ever getting rid of mine.
I love my cb500x.
But being a n00b, i definitely want to feel what more power is like. When i look at the FZ09 vs FJ09, were talking about a wet weight gain of about 40lbs
The fz07 is lighter than our cb500x so the weight gain wont be as noticeable...but the power increase most likely will be noticeable in a similar "sport touring" package.

The S1000XR, a middleweight sport tourer?

It's a faux-ADV monster.

847cc vs 999cc, so not that big of a difference. No more faux-ADV than the FJ09. Look at them side by side. Better engine, better brakes, suspension and electronics. Given that serious VFR-style touring is the OP's objective, the BMW will be more relaxed in the straights and deliver in the curves. He should at least consider it.

847cc vs 999cc, so not that big of a difference. No more faux-ADV than the FJ09. Look at them side by side. Better engine, better brakes, suspension and electronics. Given that serious VFR-style touring is the OP's objective, the BMW will be more relaxed in the straights and deliver in the curves. He should at least consider it.

But he's a long haul owner, and no one can deny BMW has had some reliability issues in the last years, and the complexity of the newer bikes means self-servicing is very difficult.

If he wants VFR-style touring, reliability, sounds like a VFR is the choice.

Back
Top Bottom