Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whaaaaat? You mean the in-use since 1963 transverse Leaf spring suspension, and push rod engine on this 2014 Corvette doesn't impress you?

This is GM tech at its finest.

You're just bitter cause Honda doesnt even make a sports car. :)

Didnt Ferrarri copy their Magnetic Ride Control suspension tech?

Three fastest cars I've ever driven: Peter Farrell's 700whp 3-rotor RX7, a stock '02 Z06 Corvette (69.x around SMP Pro with street tires in 5 laps), Boxster S. My Firebird is pretty damned fast too, but it has its chassis limitations which those three don't.

The C7 should be able to easily dispatch the old Z06, and it's the standard trim car. This will be a very fast car, faster than more than 90% of its owners will ever appreciate. Nicely done.

Didnt Ferrarri copy their Magnetic Ride Control suspension tech?

They are bringing back the NSX now.

Whaaaaat? You mean the in-use since 1963 transverse Leaf spring suspension, and push rod engine on this 2014 Corvette doesn't impress you?

Since you seem to know, please explain to us what are the technical / performance / engineering deficiencies of the Corvette leaf spring or pushrod engine?

Last edited:
Excellent video regarding the new C7.

[video=youtube;kRn9HPS6V44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRn9HPS6V44[/video]

I always thought GM was another branch of harley davidson

Sent from my Phone, dont judge the grammar

^^ Cool video

Can't wait for the test rides/reports.

I can't remember the last time Harley won a 24 hours of Lemans.

Last time i check Harley dont make cars.

Btw how many times have they won? I'm not talking American le mans lolz

Sent from my tablet using my paws

A lot of people are referring to it as a "poor man's Ferrari" but in all honesty, if I had a choice I'd rather have the Corvette.
I was never a fan, but the 2014 won me over.

Absolutely love it!

Mina, whenever a smart mouth says a comment like that, always answer: Do you possess either? No? Then STFU!

This is one -Made in 'merica- sexy beast!

bary4eza.jpg

I love the '63 split window but as for the newer generations...I really like the C7 way more than the C4/C5/C6 I think that's the nicest, coolest looking Corvette in the past 4 Gens. Good job on Chevy to finally make a Corvette with so much sex appeal!

Not to worry, 2014 Corvette owners might as well get used to this rear end, cos thats all they will have etched in their mind when they get spanked by this bad boy.

Pushrods and leafspring suspension need not apply here.....Advanced light weight all aluminum and titanium power plant running the rear running in tandem with 2 electric motors running the front wheels. "Sport Hybrid Super Handling All Wheel Drive"

Years of Formula 1, motorcycle, airplane engineering and technology will yield these types of designs. GM wouldn't even know where to start, but they sure are good at gov't bailouts. :)

flhgxu.jpg

Last edited:
You think itll be the sane price? I doubt.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

They are saying Production for the NSX is now two years from now?? All that F1 and no sports car for how many years? Let us know when they actually have something. Not to mention Corvette owners have nothing to worry about since there will be so few NSX's on the road.

Not to worry, 2014 Corvette owners might as well get used to this rear end, cos thats all they will have etched in their mind when they get spanked by this bad boy.

Pushrods and leafspring suspension need not apply here.....Advanced light weight all aluminum and titanium power plant running the rear running in tandem with 2 electric motors running the front wheels. "Sport Hybrid Super Handling All Wheel Drive"

Years of Formula 1, motorcycle, airplane engineering and technology will yield these types of designs. GM wouldn't even know where to start, but they sure are good at gov't bailouts. :)

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Pretty cool...I'd let anyone here buy it for me.

2014-Corvette-Stingray-5.jpg

Best bang for your buck, until the Z version comes out.

Looks great, and they finally improved the interior. The new Viper is going to be a very tough sell...

Hmmmm ...

I haven't found a version of this picture that I can embed. And, I realize that this picture shows Ford engines, and we are talking GM here ... but GM doesn't have an overhead-cam V8 (perhaps with good reason, as you shall soon see). Look about halfway down this thread for the picture that I am talking about.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1880105

On the left, is a 4.6 Ford DOHC V8 "mod motor" with the valve covers removed. On the right, is a Ford 5.0 pushrod V8 with the valve covers removed. Wee bit of difference in size, isn't there? Even though the 5.0 has a larger displacement.

Say what you want about pushrods ... but the traditional American pushrod V8 is packaged very well. It puts a whole bunch of cam-actuation nonsense into the valley (space that is otherwise pretty much good for nothing) that the DOHC engine needs to have out on top, where it adds to the height and width of the engine.

The Corvette's Gen 5 Chevrolet V8 might have pushrods, but it also has direct injection, variable valve timing, and cylinder shutdown at part load. It is a darn good design.

No, you can't make a pushrod engine do 20,000 rpm. But for the rev range in which practically every automotive engine operates ... it's irrelevant that it won't do 20,000 rpm.

As for the leaf springs ... There is precisely zero similarity between the Corvette's independent upper-and-lower-wishbone front suspension in which the spring acts only as a spring (and plays no role whatsoever in guiding the path of the wheel spindle or in steering), and the horse-cart solid axle leaf spring "suspensions" that gave leaf springs a bad name. In the Corvette application, the transverse leaf spring packages very well by not needing tall struts extending above the top of the front wheel (thus allowing a low hood) and it fits across the chassis below the front of the engine in a place that wouldn't otherwise be used for anything. You can tune a transverse leaf spring to serve both the spring function and an anti-roll function by careful placement of the pivot points - can't do that with coils.

This is indeed GM tech at its finest. And that's intended as a compliment, not as a bash.

Disclaimer: I've never owned a GM vehicle. That doesn't mean that I don't give credit where it's due.

FWIW ... The Vette engine makes more horsepower bone stock than any street-legal, emissions-legal, automotive engine Honda has ever built!

One other thing. At the moment, the next NSX is vaporware. Any guesses how the price tag will compare to a Vette? I'm thinking higher ... probably a lot higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom