Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
on par with most German Sport luxury sedans. AMG/M Series/SLine of course.

Yea I guess the selling feature of the vette is it's price tag (no pun). Though I've never heard of auto rev matching until now, I'll have to look this feature up.

What are those louvers in the rear quarter panels? Golf club cooling vents?

Cooling ducts for the rear brake rotors. Front rotors have them too. There will be a tube from the front grill running to the rotors to blast air on them to cool them off.

I think this car is sexy as hell. Sure, it's had round tail lights for ever and is signature, but they just wouldn't have worked with the rest of the car design wise.
Favorite looking Corvette for me.

Its a worthy, great looking redesign. Never really been thrilled by Corvettes in general but this one looks great.

I wonder what the price tag will be? There are a lot of fast machines these days for reasonable money so lots of competition out there..

A lot of people are referring to it as a "poor man's Ferrari" but in all honesty, if I had a choice I'd rather have the Corvette.
I was never a fan, but the 2014 won me over.

Absolutely love it!

It is a really nice car, but would be hard to turn down a ferrari 458
ferrari-458-black-carbon-edition-is-darth-vader-s-supercar-of-choice_8.jpg

i think it looks amazing.

last years model was tested against the ferrari, and McLaren on topspeed, and the vette demolished them both in torque
and was beat in slalom by .3 seconds.. oh, and its 100,000 cheaper than both.

even if i was a millionaire, I'd buy the vette, over any other sportscar. its badass.

the only thing annoying in the video, was the goof doesnt know how to say " corvette " his accent makes it sound like Corvat

It is a really nice car, but would be hard to turn down a ferrari 458
ferrari-458-black-carbon-edition-is-darth-vader-s-supercar-of-choice_8.jpg

WOW.....never seen one in black before. That is pure sex !!!!!

Cooling ducts for the rear brake rotors. Front rotors have them too.

Heat exchanger ducts for the transmission and dif.

Looks aside, they did address the issues from the last cars. Steering is now electronic assist and five times stiffer than the last system. The rear dif is now an eLSD system (on the Z51 anyway).

Never been a super fan of Corvettes, but this one made me do a double take. Have to wait till the "real-world" performance numbers to come out. I was leaning towards the GT-R for it's understatement, but might as well go the opposite route and stick out like a sore thumb!

Never been a super fan of Corvettes, but this one made me do a double take. Have to wait till the "real-world" performance numbers to come out. I was leaning towards the GT-R for it's understatement, but might as well go the opposite route and stick out like a sore thumb!

I agree the red is a very boy-racerish; makes sense since they were targetting a younger audience - which I'm not. To me it looks pretty hot in gunmetal (or whatever they call it), more subdued.
http://www.driving.ca/regina/Gallery+2014+Corvette+Stingray/7813818/story.html

Last edited:
I like it! It's a great looking car and it has an LT-1 engine back in there!

Prior to seeing the black, my only criticism would be that it looked too much two-toned, especially at the back, at the bottom and around the tail-lights, but this one looks gorgeous.

My two cents: Needs a Panoramic roof. Other than that it looks good.

In order to keep the Center Of Gravity low for the handling (over 1G of lateral acceleration claimed), they had to cut on the weight on the roof. So, it's a right sacrifice for the performance, IMO.

All I see is a different body. Most of GM products are just hype. The new E63 AMG will blow the doors of the new Vette.

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/wwautos/624_351/images/live/p0/13/rm/p013rmzq.jpg

The GTR is the most under rated car ever. It blows away most supercars and it won't break down every 10k. You can mod it to over 1000HP without much money.

Last edited:
All I see is a different body. Most of GM products are just hype. The new E63 AMG will blow the doors of the new Vette.

Whaaaaat? You mean the in-use since 1963 transverse Leaf spring suspension, and push rod engine on this 2014 Corvette doesn't impress you?

This is GM tech at its finest.

Most of GM's products are absolute garbage actually..... most.

But you're saying a car with a best N'ring time of 8.10 is going to beat a car with a best time of 7.26?

It's going to be 45 seconds faster because it added AWD? It's 1K LBS heavier than the Vette at least.

I'd take the Black as my DD over the Vette but I'm not going to teenage fanboy it into something it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom