Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed! | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
try backing up a murcielago or any exotic car with no camera.

Those are statistical outliers and are not germane to this discussion.

However, I concede that something with a big V12 blocking your rear view would benefit from a backup camera.

I want a car with a drive-forward camera so I don't have to look out the windshield

Just buy a Durango. The Citadel trim package comes with a laser guided butt scratcher.

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/new-car-preview/a3Uaglw/2014-dodge-durango-preview.htm

"Additionally, the 2014 Durango is offered with new Adaptive Cruise Control Plus and Forward Collision Warning Plus systems. Each relies on a radar unit and camera mounted near the front of the SUV. The Adaptive Cruise Control Plus system provides full-speed-range capability, and, if the Durango comes to a complete stop, the system is re-engaged if the driver pushes a button or steps on the accelerator pedal."

Fasten your OMG belt, check out the stunning high res gallery pics.....

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2016-acura-nsx-photos-and-info-news

WvwUoYZ.jpg

Sunny. I put my finger on it today. Haven't washed it yet. You want to come over for a sniff?
Looks ok in the 'flesh'. I vaguely remember seeing the original NSX for the first time. For me, that was more impressive than this new one.
The 2015 Corvette looks the deal.
The Ford GT was definitely the show stopper for me today.
(Detroit Int Auto Show).

Sunny. I put my finger on it today. Haven't washed it yet. You want to come over for a sniff?
Looks ok in the 'flesh'. I vaguely remember seeing the original NSX for the first time. For me, that was more impressive than this new one.
The 2015 Corvette looks the deal.
The Ford GT was definitely the show stopper for me today.
(Detroit Int Auto Show).
Ford gt over all of them (sorry even the vette) The new one looks fantastic and it won't take them 106 years to make it like a certain other "supercar"

No thanks Gary, found a new love in my life....

Awww. She's a beauty S! Must have been love at first sight.

Ford gt over all of them (sorry even the vette) The new one looks fantastic and it won't take them 106 years to make it like a certain other "supercar"

Hands down - the GT over (just about) everything.

But - there was an Alfa Romeo that had security guards. It was already closed off for any "hands on". It wasn't new. I don't know my Alfas.
One guard said it has a $10M value on it. Some red racey thing. Sweetness.
I didn't get a pic of it, but buddy that I went with probably did.
Not for me, but Buick has some crazy concept **** going on. Very interesting interior design.
Not sure about pics on this one either. :confused:
New Raptor appears capable.
GM's answer to it - the Canyon (I think) is hilarious in comparison.

But - there was an Alfa Romeo that had security guards. It was already closed off for any "hands on". It wasn't new. I don't know my Alfas.
One guard said it has a $10M value on it. Some red racey thing. Sweetness.
I didn't get a pic of it, but buddy that I went with probably did.

EDIT: just re read your post, "wasn't new", guess they had an old rare racing version on display

I'm fairly confident this was the Alfa you saw, and its not even close to worth TEN million dollars (baaawhawhawhaaaa). Its a production version that marks the return of Alfa to the US. prices start at US$55g

QU8veVX.jpg

Last edited:
I'm fairly confident this was the Alfa you saw, and its not even close to worth TEN million dollars (baaawhawhawhaaaa). Its a production version that marks the return of Alfa to the US. prices start at US$55g

QU8veVX.jpg

No no no. They had a red and a yellow in that model, and they are NEW. The one I shouldn't have mentioned is old(er) and this might be it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Alfa_Romeo_Tipo_33-2_1967_1000km_Nurburgring.jpg

( I can rarely paste a pic - have no clue - sorry)

Hands down - the GT over (just about) everything.

It's a great effort from the blue oval. Can't wait to see real world testing and performance results. Puts any effort from GM to shame. The rump on the Corvette is hideously ugly.

My money is still on the NSX, drives like an Accord during normal drive, ferocious when you kick it down, with everyday reliability, and dripping with tech.....

^^ Ever been in a ford gt? It drives down the road like a mild mannered everyday car. I was shocked that it wasn't even all that loud. I do agree with you about gm. While the corvette has grown on me, the rest of their lineup is meh at best. The camaro is terrible and just about the only thing they have that isn't horrid looking anymore is the new full size truck. Then again I guess you could say the same about any of the 'big 3'

It's a great effort from the blue oval. Can't wait to see real world testing and performance results. Puts any effort from GM to shame. The rump on the Corvette is hideously ugly.

My money is still on the NSX, drives like an Accord during normal drive, ferocious when you kick it down, with everyday reliability, and dripping with tech.....

That's a mighty expensive Accord you're chasing there Mister! If I'm blowing $150K on a car, I really don't want an Accord.
The new Corvette has astonishing looks / design and also drips with tech, and is less expensive than the glorified Accord.
IMO, the rear end looks lightyears better than the past.
I sat in an MKC at the show. Liked it. So much so, that, my Accord will soon be one of my 'previous' vehicles.
(We went to Detroit in an MKX with 160,000kms on it. Was like new still.)
Talking with the Lincoln rep there, he told me the new MKX was built / designed around the sound system.
Hardon is now supplying the tuneage. The new MKX comes equipped with 19 speakers.

^^ Ever been in a ford gt? It drives down the road like a mild mannered everyday car. I was shocked that it wasn't even all that loud. I do agree with you about gm. While the corvette has grown on me, the rest of their lineup is meh at best. The camaro is terrible and just about the only thing they have that isn't horrid looking anymore is the new full size truck. Then again I guess you could say the same about any of the 'big 3'

I think the new Camaro looks wrong & too expensive. My opinion only.
However, there was no larger crowd around any cars at the show.
The Z28 - largest crowd. ZL1 - flocks of people.

No worries,

it only took GM nearly forever to realize if they want to be "world class" with the vette, it needs its engine in the middle, like the next gen Vette will have.

The Camaro can easily fill the current void the vet would leave. Why have two similar cars in similar classes with similar power trains as is the state today? Even Ford knew this with the front engine Ford Mustang, and mid engine Ford GT set up..

I still can't wrap my head around whats going through the minds of the management at GM.....

Last edited:
I don't think GM needs to re-invent the Corvette, and they probably won't. It does appear they're developing a mid-engine sports car, but I'd peg that in the NSX/GT/R8 category- a market in which GM doesn't currently have a product. It won't be a Corvette. It shouldn't be a Corvette.

The Corvette is world class. Nothing touches it in the price bracket. Since when was having the engine in the middle a requirement for 'world class' anyway?

The 'Vette does not need the engine in the middle. It works just fine where it is now.

The new Z06 is staggering. I'd love to hear what the world has to offer to beat this car at $87k. That's $10k less than the most basic 911 you can buy from Porsche. It's $22k less than Nissan's GTR. R8, NSX, upcoming Ford GT? Forget it, they're twice the price. And I'll bet 20 bucks they won't be much faster at all.

North american car companies make my brain hurt too, but to suggest the corvette isn't anything short of unreal is absurd. I don't even care for them that much but can admit that they're impressive. I'll bet you as I sit here it eats the new nsx or is so damn close that it will be laughable that it costs half the money.

Here's a proper example, not some dumb kids ripping the highway. Not stock but evenly matched.

[video=youtube_share;iveZVnohezM]http://youtu.be/iveZVnohezM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom