Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed! | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys to be digging up old posts but had to Second this one. Today's cars = cameras everywhere, heated this, heated that, massaging your nutsack while you drive, etc. Some of those features are nice but for the most part I want my car to have decent power, handle well, and depending on the price, have somewhat non-poverty looking interior (decent looks in exterior is a plus too). That's about it. My buddy let me drive his Civic SI and it was nice but god damn.....not much power, ugly, and every gadget you could think off inside. Who the hell needs a backup camera in a small coupe? Mehhhh.

Damn, +1

Sorry guys to be digging up old posts but had to Second this one. Today's cars = cameras everywhere, heated this, heated that, massaging your nutsack while you drive, etc. Some of those features are nice but for the most part I want my car to have decent power, handle well, and depending on the price, have somewhat non-poverty looking interior (decent looks in exterior is a plus too). That's about it. My buddy let me drive his Civic SI and it was nice but god damn.....not much power, ugly, and every gadget you could think off inside. Who the hell needs a backup camera in a small coupe? Mehhhh.

I really don't understand why anything other than a truck has a back up camera. Mine doesn't, and I'm still able to park it without any problems. It would be handy when hooking up to my trailer but I survive without one.

I don't have blind spot indicators and I don't need them because my mirrors are aimed properly and I can turn my head! My trucks interior is a little sparse compared to new stuff but it has comfortable heated seats, a nice radio, cruise control, climate control and auto lights. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I chose my truck based on it being used and inexpensive as well as having a good reputation for reliability and decent fuel consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand why anything other than a truck has a back up camera.

They keep making the belt line higher in the interest of styling and the blind spots are growing out of control (and in the case of the SI and other Gino cars, the fake wing destroys what rear view was left).

Looks good. Not great but more understated like the R8. It kinda looks like an R8 had sex with a Mazda 3 and a CR-Z.

HONDA-CRZ-side.jpg

2016-Acura-NSX-202-876x535.jpg

I don't have blind spot indicators and I don't need them because my mirrors are aimed properly and I can turn my head! My trucks interior is a little sparse compared to new stuff but it has comfortable heated seats, a nice radio, cruise control, climate control and auto lights. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Even my car has some features that are unnecessary. Sunroof?.....wish it wasn't there. It screws up the weight distribution of the car and has a negative effect on handling, all so that the manufacturer can tick off one more check box under the features section.

Auto-lights? Yes Good idea.
Keyless entry/ignition? Yes, taking your key out every time is annoying.
Climate Control? Yeah, it's nice to just set a temperature and forget it.
Bluetooth for phone calls? Yeah, useful feature and saves you from buying a separate headset.

I think anything that automates things that you would already be doing or improving on things that SHOULD already be in the car are good but most of the extra features I could do without.

Auto-lights? Yes Good idea.

Seriously. My now 13 year old GM truck has these, yet some late model japanese cars don't? IMO these should be regulation

52f1ed095f761fb9af282f0f895e2573.jpg

The Ford GT is back. And then some. Taking all the headlines at the Detroit motor show - and confirming some tasty rumours that have been rumbling for a little while now - is the third iteration of Ford's supercar.

And gone is the supercharged V8 of old, replaced by an Ecoboost engine. Fear not, though, as it still packs a proper amount of cylinders. A twin-turbo 3.5-litre V6 engine drives the rear wheels with ‘more than' 600bhp, and with motorsport development behind it, Ford is claiming great efficiency.

Of course, it's performance we care about. Nothing's confirmed in that area just yet, but a 0-60mph time close to 3.0secs and a top speed north of 200mph ought to be very feasible targets.

There's plenty to help it on its way too, with lots of carbon fibre to keep the weight down. A carbon passenger cell, a la McLaren 650S and P1, is joined by carbon in chassis components too. "The GT will exhibit one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any production car", Ford promises.

Aerodynamics play a huge role, as you may be able to tell from styling way more intricate and involved than the rather retro-tastic GT of ten years ago. Keeping pace with its key rivals - and with Ferrari's spectacular 458 clearly in mind - there are active aero elements, including a rear wing whose height and angle react to speed and conditions.

Other goodies? There's racing-inspired pushrod suspension, adjustable ride height and upward-swinging doors.

The old GT's manual transmission is gone, rather inevitably replaced by a seven-speed paddleshifter, while the driver environment very much takes its cues from what Ferrari's currently doing; a fully customisable instrument display sits behind a steering wheel free of stalks but festooned with buttons, while the seat is fixed, the pedals and wheel adjustable instead.
3c273b168631a098e4ce18d82919f6a7.jpg

8cac08b9c24fe32fb274d2ce3d3a6ab6.jpg

437ac88b62b469770976e8fb780d87d8.jpg

I think that this car is a much much nicer than the new NSX
167712acc838abeecb385b71f741bdc2.jpg

I see a design flaw in that ford already. There should be negative pressure below that wing, but since they put 2 exhaust there they might have positive pressure. Means the wing will lift the damn car up

Based on the reputation of the previous GT I don't think they'll have a problem selling all of these at quarter million each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

because the new car market only leases the car for a few years then get rid of them. A car that goes to 400K is not in demand.

Last edited:
because the new car market only leases the car for a few years then get rid of them. A car that goes to 400K is not in demand.

There are primarily two types of car owners. Those who lease new cars and those who buy used cars, I am in the latter group. I don't care about how my vehicle connects to my phone, or if it can park itself, or if it has all kinds of fancy junk. I care about reliability, so all the silly gizmos are of no use to me if the vehicle they are in is known for transmission issues or some other mechanical issue.

The OEMs cater to the leasers, the one who want a car full of dumb ****, not those who buy them later.

There are primarily two types of car owners. Those who lease new cars and those who buy used cars, I am in the latter group. I don't care about how my vehicle connects to my phone, or if it can park itself, or if it has all kinds of fancy junk. I care about reliability, so all the silly gizmos are of no use to me if the vehicle they are in is known for transmission issues or some other mechanical issue.

The OEMs cater to the leasers, the one who want a car full of dumb ****, not those who buy them later.
Don't get an Audi or Benz

52f1ed095f761fb9af282f0f895e2573.jpg

The Ford GT is back. And then some. Taking all the headlines at the Detroit motor show - and confirming some tasty rumours that have been rumbling for a little while now - is the third iteration of Ford's supercar.

And gone is the supercharged V8 of old, replaced by an Ecoboost engine. Fear not, though, as it still packs a proper amount of cylinders. A twin-turbo 3.5-litre V6 engine drives the rear wheels with ‘more than' 600bhp, and with motorsport development behind it, Ford is claiming great efficiency.

Of course, it's performance we care about. Nothing's confirmed in that area just yet, but a 0-60mph time close to 3.0secs and a top speed north of 200mph ought to be very feasible targets.

There's plenty to help it on its way too, with lots of carbon fibre to keep the weight down. A carbon passenger cell, a la McLaren 650S and P1, is joined by carbon in chassis components too. "The GT will exhibit one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any production car", Ford promises.

Aerodynamics play a huge role, as you may be able to tell from styling way more intricate and involved than the rather retro-tastic GT of ten years ago. Keeping pace with its key rivals - and with Ferrari's spectacular 458 clearly in mind - there are active aero elements, including a rear wing whose height and angle react to speed and conditions.

Other goodies? There's racing-inspired pushrod suspension, adjustable ride height and upward-swinging doors.

The old GT's manual transmission is gone, rather inevitably replaced by a seven-speed paddleshifter, while the driver environment very much takes its cues from what Ferrari's currently doing; a fully customisable instrument display sits behind a steering wheel free of stalks but festooned with buttons, while the seat is fixed, the pedals and wheel adjustable instead.
3c273b168631a098e4ce18d82919f6a7.jpg

8cac08b9c24fe32fb274d2ce3d3a6ab6.jpg

437ac88b62b469770976e8fb780d87d8.jpg

I think that this car is a much much nicer than the new NSX
167712acc838abeecb385b71f741bdc2.jpg

pricng is 400k and car seems awesome but I would still rather have other cars...I only regret passing on a GT a few years ago because they have appreciated in price so much

yes yes ...people photograph you ...I mean back up camera as you know and finally you said something clever

I don't see a lot of people with back up cameras except this one time at Niagara Falls this little Oriental guy had like 3 or 4 straining his neck, I thought he was going to fall into the whirlpool. What's this got to do with Corvettes?

I don't see a lot of people with back up cameras except this one time at Niagara Falls this little Oriental guy had like 3 or 4 straining his neck, I thought he was going to fall into the whirlpool. What's this got to do with Corvettes?

Let me respond as you seem to do a lot....pink blue pig tower ham sandwich dirt anchovy?

anchovy? dafuq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom