Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario

Just wanted to say thanks to GTAmotorcycles.com for their part in making this course happen. It was a great day despite the rain and if I can put into daily practice what I was shown yesterday I will significantly improve my ridding skills. Lee has put together a great course and does a great job of instructing and giving feed back.
The bonus, meet some great people. Ride safe.

Someone mentioned that a track bike was ok. Not sure if the question has been asked but are there rental bikes as well? Thanks in advance.

Someone mentioned that a track bike was ok. Not sure if the question has been asked but are there rental bikes as well? Thanks in advance.

No rental bikes at this time. You need your own bike. Yes a track bike is okay, but it must have DOT approved street tires. No race tires allowed.

No rental bikes at this time. You need your own bike. Yes a track bike is okay, but it must have DOT approved street tires. No race tires allowed.

Thanks for the instantaneou reply! Signed up, really looking forward to it.

Post up pics Raff!

Can't wait to get the pics from Lee as well!

This course is far superior to things like pro rider and other courses I have dabbled with.

Especially as a motorcycle instructor myself, I had soooo much to learn it was unreal.

One of those things, was to slow down! Another one was to get your eyes off the turn in point and into the turn before you actually turn in. You wouldn't believe how much that one helped.

Oh yeah and another. Those vision exercises made me see in a whole different way. I thought my vision was good before, but I now know that I was always in "predator" mode, rather than loosening my vision and getting into "prey" mode.

Absolutely fantastic and superior to any other course I've heard of or taken. This is coming from a decently developed beginner-intermediate rider.

We just don't have courses like this in Ontario!

1. This course is worth every penny.
2. By lunchtime all the fear in my head magically disappeared.
3. The style of instruction (discuss a topic, then go out and practice it...then return to the classroom for the next topic) works REALLY well.
4. Individualized feedback after EVERY rider's practice run works REALLY well.
5. I learned how to become "one" with my bike.
6. Don't eat a turkey sandwich for lunch! (I didn't, but others did...learn from their mistakes ha!)

Hope I didn't give away too much. ;)

none of those are tips :(

I've pm'd Cutekill and Paul to make sure it was cool. They can view them on fb and let me know:) Didn't get too many shots though.

I should be taking one of the ones in Edmonton this summer.

First and foremost - THANK YOU! To those of you responsible for doing the countless number of things required to get this program "up here", y'all deserve medals AND trophies!

Jenerator and I took the Level 1 course on Saturday. I am so glad we took this course. It was fantastic! Lee was accompanied with fellow instructors Dave and Nancy. They were a great team! Everything seemed to work flawlessly with additional efforts from Donna, Paul and Brittany.

A good amount of time was spent discussing theory in class several times through the day, breaking up the on-bike drills. It was all well planned (despite Saturday being the first day with actual students). Many items pertinent to riding were discussed, many questions asked, all questions answered (even from my motor mouth! :p ). A slide show was also put to use. I thought it was really great that they also had pics to show you not only correct ways of doing things, but also incorrect. Good comparison. This also extends into the course! Before every drill either Dave or Nancy would go out and ride and first show us the incorrect way of doing *whatever*. We would discuss what we observed with the incorrect. Then they'd come around and do it again the correct way. Obviously it was always smoother, safer. It was great to be able to see these comparisons in real life, back-to-back. I found it tremendously helpful. Then we would go out and perform the drills ourselves. After each pass each of us was critiqued. Something good, something bad - whatever was needed to help us learn. We would usually get between 3 - 5 passes for each drill. It was great to watch fellow riders progress as the day went on.

And the day went on ... and on ... and on. It was a long day - pleasantly long. Educationally long even!

All VERY worth it! I feel i'm a much better rider now. I am equipped with greater knowledge of myself and my bike. I surpassed my riding boundaries and feel i'm able to do more now - ride safer/faster/harder/whatever combination. Heck, I was even dragging knees after lunch! Never done that before.

Now watching Jen ride I can easily see that her abilities have improved. She has surpassed her boundaries and is riding better, safer, also.

Again, THANK YOU so much to all of those responsible. It was truly a life-changing experience! :)

Oh, and cudos to Randy. Poor bastard freezin' his balls off riding in the rain on Friday. Guy get's no respect I tell ya!

Sad I had to work and miss this on Friday. maybe I can try and sign up for one soon! Thanks Donna and Paul for bringing this course here.

well if you guys won't share, how about we go for a ride and show me what you learned? ;)

Lee did all the classroom theory and rotated between the 3 groups during the riding portion. Lee is an excellent speaker....his instruction was superb!
HTML:

...so should I wait until next year for Lee to possibly return? Anyone know if the course will even be offered here next summer?

Oh, and cudos to Randy. Poor bastard freezin' his balls off riding in the rain on Friday. Guy get's no respect I tell ya!

He wasn't the only one in the rain on Friday! :)

...so should I wait until next year for Lee to possibly return? Anyone know if the course will even be offered here next summer?

Sharp Rider will be offering the course every summer. We will be looking into expanding and being able to offer the course in various locations throughout Ontario. Our first two targets will be Ottawa and London. But as with every new company, it needs to build slow and steady.

There's no doubt that Lee is amazing! But, all the instructors are certified by Lee. You can't be an instructor without going through his full instructor training course. Until we have our local instructors trained, we will be flying in instructors from around the States and even from Edmonton as the ratio is 6:1. You are getting the best instructors available for each and every class.

Last edited:
Had to photo shop this one cause of the slide. lol
314pmvt.jpg

2mgqohl.jpg

se7ihd.jpg

Lee explaining the next exercise.
mt1286.jpg

Lee really gets into it:)
2cegjef.jpg

zwyjau.jpg

We all got to do this on our bikes. Practicing the 10 steps to a proper turn static before we went out and tried it.
All the boys helping with the Goldwing.
34q1dvl.jpg

2myxm49.jpg

Didn't have my book with me so Lee signed my 10 steps card:)
28b46yq.jpg

Pics my friend got of me on the second last exercise.
a0dibp.jpg

34j6c1v.jpg

Can't wait to get the shots Lee took:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom