Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lee Parks and Total Control are coming to Ontario

wearelopey;1810787Changed the way I ride. So glad I took it. If your debating said:
Agreed! The course gave me a lot to think about and a lot to work on. Made me realize where my skills are lacking. Take this course!! Well worth the $$$$$.

Thanks to cutekill and co.as well for working to bring Total Control to the GTA!!

What an amazing day - I learned more and rode more confidently TODAY then in all my 17 years of riding. I highly recommend this course - for ALL riders! :thumbup::thumbup:

Oh yeah...and to all that were there today and will be attending at some point, don't forget to re-adjust the pressure in your tires before your next ride! :D

What did you have to adjust them to for the course?

What an amazing day - I learned more and rode more confidently TODAY then in all my 17 years of riding. I highly recommend this course - for ALL riders! :thumbup::thumbup:

Oh yeah...and to all that were there today and will be attending at some point, don't forget to re-adjust the pressure in your tires before your next ride! :D

How was the instructing by Lee Parks? Debating taking this course but Lee Parks isn't in town for any of the future dates this summer.

All the instructors were awesome. What a day, we really lucked out weather wise. Learned so much today, can't wait to apply it to my every day riding and the track. I recommend this class for everyone. I did stuff today I really didn't think was possible being only in my second year of riding. We had people on cruisers killing it, sport tourers and sport bike riders. Riding experience range was from 2 years to about 45 years.

Like the poster above said book it if you weren't sure before. By the time you finish reading the book Total Control you'll know this guy knows his stuff and the course is similar to the book.

It was really nice meeting everyone today. Always nice to put a face to a name. Just sorry I couldn't stay longer had my niece waiting to go to the movies:)

Just about to sign up for July 7th, has a box for a discount code...

Anybody have a discount code?

How was the instructing by Lee Parks? Debating taking this course but Lee Parks isn't in town for any of the future dates this summer.

Lee did all the classroom theory and rotated between the 3 groups during the riding portion. Lee is an excellent speaker....his instruction was superb!

^^Agreed. Lee was a excellent at providing detailed observations. When I was riding, and he was responsible for watching me, I knew that every time I got back to him for feedback there would be something useful and that he was really observant in his approach. It's easy to tell that this course is his baby and he has been refining it for a long time. No wasted time with him at all. Very friendly, positive and easy to speak to about any concerns that are specific to improving personal riding techniques. There is a lot to cover so the course went until about 7:30pm.

The course was well run and a good day overall. Very easily worth the money and at this time of year, my time is more important than money and this course completely met my expectations. The best part for me was that I never left 1st gear all day and was made aware of just how much I have to improve.

It would be interesting to organize a day or two in a parking lot with cones and practice different drills over the next month or two - especially helpful for those going back for level 2!

I have some pics, if everyone is cool with me putting them up I will.

For those attending, have you taken any other safety courses in the past? Or, is this your first one?

I'm just wondering how useful this course will be for someone who has already done a few (I've done two safety, and Racer 5's Stages 1-3). I'm by no means a pro, but was just wondering.

I've done Racer5 and this is better for learning skills for street riding. It goes over rider position, braking, line, and explains a lot of the reasoning behind each. If you are thinking of taking a track course, take this course first. Track classes just don't have the time to go into detailed feedback on how you are riding the bike. There were two trailered track bikes there on Saturday as well as a gold wing, cruiser, and adventure sports.

I've done level one of racer5 and turn2 and I still found I learnt so much doing this course.

Maybe i'll go out and watch them run the course :p thats a lot of track day money

what significant tips did you bring back with ya?

1. This course is worth every penny.
2. By lunchtime all the fear in my head magically disappeared.
3. The style of instruction (discuss a topic, then go out and practice it...then return to the classroom for the next topic) works REALLY well.
4. Individualized feedback after EVERY rider's practice run works REALLY well.
5. I learned how to become "one" with my bike.
6. Don't eat a turkey sandwich for lunch! (I didn't, but others did...learn from their mistakes ha!)

Hope I didn't give away too much. ;)

Anyone instructing his course must go through certification training in the US, so whether it's him or one of his certified instructors, the course is the same.

6. Don't eat a turkey sandwich for lunch! (I didn't, but others did...learn from their mistakes ha!)

Hope I didn't give away too much. ;)

LoL i pretty much live on turkey sandwiches and potato salad when riding. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom