Last few blasts for this year - who wants to ride? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Last few blasts for this year - who wants to ride?

Ganny was pretty wet last Thursday, and that was after 4 days without rain. There were some very large puddles on the main trails. Not quite as big as I've seen them, but LOTS of them everywhere. At least the sandy mud isn't very hard to navigate. Now that we've gotten a lot more rain it'll probably be a bit of a mudfest. Anything other than main trails (ie, rocky climbs and downhills) will be pretty treacherous.

Ganny was pretty wet last Thursday, and that was after 4 days without rain. There were some very large puddles on the main trails. Not quite as big as I've seen them, but LOTS of them everywhere. At least the sandy mud isn't very hard to navigate. Now that we've gotten a lot more rain it'll probably be a bit of a mudfest. Anything other than main trails (ie, rocky climbs and downhills) will be pretty treacherous.

So you're telling us to bring more people to help pull me out of the mud? Got it! Want to help?

LOL... just don't go through the giant puddle in the clearing half way between P6 and the lookout.

22512504797_2ed3b03ba0_o.jpg

22904881986_5a9e0b32cb_o.jpg

Took literally 20 minutes to get it out of there. We put a stick in there after and it's at least 4 feet deep.

You don't have to change any plans on my account.

I'm still waiting to hear from work if I'm on tomorrow, but it's not looking likely.

Creemore works for me though, and I'm okay with leaving Mississauga around 10 or 1030, so I could be in Orangeville area around 11.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Just talked to Alon, we'll do Creemore tomorrow. Let us know if you can make it. I can text you tonight or tomorrow.

LOL... just don't go through the giant puddle in the clearing half way between P6 and the lookout.

22512504797_2ed3b03ba0_o.jpg

22904881986_5a9e0b32cb_o.jpg

Took literally 20 minutes to get it out of there. We put a stick in there after and it's at least 4 feet deep.

The other guys would murder me if they have to help pull my bike out of that mess.

If that happened to your 500 pound beast Nam, I'd set it on fire and ride away :)

as as for tomorrow, I think that if we are riding, the Hockley-Creemore run is our best bet to avoid serious mud traps. I Currently have a conflict at 2:30 that I'm trying to move to either 10:00 or 7:00 while I'm driving so we can ride. I'll sort that out and post here with my update but if all goes well, we'll meet at the usual gravel parking lot across from the black birch restaurant.

Stand by...

I'll admit the thought of leaving it there did cross my mind.

Ok, we are on for tomorrow - meeting at 11:30. Who's in? Nam? MotorcycleMike? BoozerDave?

Yep, I'll be there baring any unforeseen setbacks.

It's 5:45 and still raining - I think we should postpone. What do you say Nam?

Last edited:
Is this Creemore ride happening or not?

I'll be leaving at 10:30 -- on the DRZ if yes, on the Vstrom if no.

Back
Top Bottom