Laid-off? GTAM Members looking-out.....??? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Laid-off? GTAM Members looking-out.....???

Any one looking for an Account Exec/Sales Rep?
:(:(:(

ok, here i am, Kinda tough to crack down everything you used to do.

15 yrs in Hydraulics, Fittings ,couplings, assemblies
Imperial and Metric. helped people over the counter, and phone

entered Orders using a syacc system.
was Worker Rep for Safety committee, have forklift cert. St.john cert.
Whimis training.

worked alone in a 2nd shop in Hamilton.
was the 24hr emergency guy for10 years.
I Did what the manager couldnt do., as it usually is the way, for those of you in that kind of a posistion.

in a nutshell, I did what needed to be done, to get the job done.

Im open for learning something new, as well.

Had you considered teaching at a community college? The colleges sometimes hire part time instructors which is a start. With the upcoming retirements of many skilled tradespeople, there will likely be a demand for more trades training for new apprentices. PM me if you need help with a resume.

I too am unfortunately part of this club, since March (problems started in November). I'm trying to enjoy the summer while I can but if anyone hears of any employment opportunities re. Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist, Project Estimator/Co-ordinator, Mechanical/Machine Designer, please let me know. TIA. :)

Anyone here with AutoCad experience? Must have experience!

PM sent.

I thought I would post here too. I dont see what my chances are here, but hey, its still better than zero if I dont post here.

About me:

-Trained and experienced as an internal Auditor for ISO 13485
-Trained numerous times in WHMIS
-Computer literate ( Win XP, Mac OS, HTML & web designing, Microsoft Office, etc)
-Worked in an infectious disease lab (ELISA tests, lab automation)

-Operation of Mass Spectrometer, Dissolved organic Carbon
-Field sampling

Microbiology aspect:
-good command of basic lab apparatus (pH meter, micro pipette, filtration equipment, etc)
-Media preparation and aseptic techniques
-Food and water microbiology
-Versed in Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices

Let me know if anybody have any openings of that sort. Hey, I might just take anything now, I am just getting bored and broke :D

cheers

I've been enjoying my 4 day work weeks and now Fiat had to go and mess it up.

We're NOT Hiring (Or even calling back in the near future for that matter) but i do know our suspensions division (Newmarket) is hiring
Pays not that great starting at $13 and change (From what i hear) but it is something

http://www.dynamicsuspensions.com/

Oh wait
I almost forgot

I Flip burgers for a living:rolleyes:

Hope this helps someone here get back in to the job force

Found it listed in the Job bank
http://bit.ly/v4gzZ

Good Luck

Last edited:
Who wants $20 and a homemade lunch?

I'm stuck. The ceiling is plaster with drywall on top and I'm trying to put in the stupid ceiling fan.

0722091437.jpg

Who wants $20 and a homemade lunch?

I'm stuck. The ceiling is plaster with drywall on top and I'm trying to put in the stupid ceiling fan.
Are u asking for a date? :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I think the fan should come w/ a instruction sheet. From my guess, I would say the fan would attach to the screws that are visible.

Oh yeh, one more IMPORTANT thing. Make sure u flip the main switch OFF before proceeding. I've gotten shocked numerous times when I was a kid and has a phobia for power lines. I normally get a tester before I proceed.

If all else fails, I guess I could do w/ $20 :lol:

Theres openings in saskatchewan in my company....... for those who are really desparate...

Also Calgary for an accounting administrator...

Experienced autoCad drafter needed. It will be 2D drawings and mostly building and electical drawings. location is in downtown TO.

No sarcasm intended but its called workopolis

www.workopolis.com

There are also several placement agencies that will look for you...

Statistically, sites like workopolis are the #1 worst way to look for a job...Mainly because the job listing that you're looking at, is being veiwed by at least a hundred other applicants (some more qualified than you), at the exact moment that you're looking at the same posting.

When this thread was started, my assumption was that it was going to allow people to tap into the unseen job market. Kinda like member's helping out other members, before posting things online.

I started my career as a result of a job posting on this board. Our beloved member JP (god rest his soul), posted a job here, and gave me the opportunity based on nothing other than the fact that we both rode bikes, and were both on the same board. No interview, no reference check, just a handshake from him, and a statement of "you seem like a good guy, so the job is yours if you want it".

Fast forward 5.5 years...I worked my way up the ladder by building a rapport with the right people. Once again, I didn't have the education, or experience, but was given an opportunity to work in an entry level Marketing job. Now I have a solid foundation of Marketing experience, with a very well respected company in my industry, and it was all because someone posted a job on this board.

Now imagine how different things would have been if that job was posted on workopolis?...

The recession and the rate of unemployed is something we all face, and something many of us are suffering from as a result. When you look at it like that, a job forum, is more pertinent than 99% of the content on this board. Also consider that motorcycling is "leisure" for most people, and made possible as a result of having a job. For some, the loss of a job, means the loss of a motorcycle, and from the way people have talked about their bikes on here, it's something that many would choose to not give up.

Last edited:
Anyone have Solid J2EE experience and want to work in the performance tuning side of things? 50% code, 50% coordination.

Are u asking for a date? :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I think the fan should come w/ a instruction sheet. From my guess, I would say the fan would attach to the screws that are visible.

Oh yeh, one more IMPORTANT thing. Make sure u flip the main switch OFF before proceeding. I've gotten shocked numerous times when I was a kid and has a phobia for power lines. I normally get a tester before I proceed.

If all else fails, I guess I could do w/ $20 :lol:

No. lmao... :) The fan electrical has to go inside that metal box. Those screws block the wiring, but I'm weary of using that metal box as there's a slight crack from the hole I can see that was painted over. I'm worried they didn't brace the metal box.

I'm gonna see if bldg maintenance can do it today. :)

No. lmao... :) The fan electrical has to go inside that metal box. Those screws block the wiring, but I'm weary of using that metal box as there's a slight crack from the hole I can see that was painted over. I'm worried they didn't brace the metal box.

I'm gonna see if bldg maintenance can do it today. :)
Most of the time there should be an attachment to the fan where it would attach to that screw. Then the cover of the fan should cover everything. Its hard to tell if I dont have a pic of the lower base of the fan.

But bldg maint. should do just well :)

$500 to the person who can take care of my neighbour's kid. You decide the means.

Problem: she won't shut the **** up. keeps bother me and my dog by constantly screaming at the both of us.

Hazard: she can scream non stop at a high pitch for 15 minutes straight.

There's a bonus in it if she's never seen around here again.

.. badminton coach
.. light housekeeping
.. restaurant manager

pm me

Back
Top Bottom