KW Dragon Thread. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KW Dragon Thread.

Fair enough I guess, Gary.
So, if you can't get 2 bikes on the trailer, then what's the plan?
I know Smergy's trailer fits 2 bikes comfortably and without issue. What's the size of your trailer anyways, Gary?

Fair enough I guess, Gary.
So, if you can't get 2 bikes on the trailer, then what's the plan?
I know Smergy's trailer fits 2 bikes comfortably and without issue. What's the size of your trailer anyways, Gary?

It's 5' X 8'2".
If they don't fit, I assumed the vfr would be going in the truck bed, or he can ride down :p.
If you have a line on a larger trailer, (I don't) I'll haul it.
I was thinking of buying a larger trailer, but not now. After this gap trip, my riding days are done, if not before - the 'ol knees are finished, and both need replacement - asap.
So - '09 busa, '10 f150, '11 trailer, and a **** load of bike gear / stuff all for sale :(.

I will demo ride the BUSA on the way down if I have to ride;) Nothing is over until it happens!!!!

It's 5' X 8'2".
If they don't fit, I assumed the vfr would be going in the truck bed, or he can ride down :p.
If you have a line on a larger trailer, (I don't) I'll haul it.
I was thinking of buying a larger trailer, but not now. After this gap trip, my riding days are done, if not before - the 'ol knees are finished, and both need replacement - asap.
So - '09 busa, '10 f150, '11 trailer, and a **** load of bike gear / stuff all for sale :(.

Did you finally get your bike to Gary's place to see if it your bike and the 'busa will fit?

So.. here's where it sits right now...

Waiting to hear back from Gary's buddy on if he can get the time off work.

If he can---
Randy, Jin and Tim's plans are as follows:
Load trailer with 2 bikes, put all gear in back of Ranger.
Ride 1 bike to meeting point with Gary's friend. Suggest Woodstock as we're crossing the border in Detroit.
Load bike onto trailer, continue on our way.
We really would like to leave on Saturday and drive straight through.

If he can't---
Tim delivers some of his gear (bag of stuff, ramps etc) to Gary's earlier in the week before departure.
Tim rides to Hamilton on the Friday afternoon, load bike and away we go. The Buell is the shortest of the bunch and will fit in the back of the F150 no probs. It fits in the back of my ranger with the hatch almost closed, help up by a strap.
Jin and Randy take Ranger and trailer with their gear on Saturday morning and we meet at the Fontana.

Plan A is much preferable.

I have to be there on Saturday, as a friend of mine is coming up to visit from Atlanta for a night. I haven't seen her in a few years - we planned on meeting last year, but I ended up not giong 'cause my bike broke down.

Our reservation is arrive Saturday 14th, depart Saturday 21st.

Pricing is going to be about $300 for the room with 4 people, $400 with 3 people. That of course will be confirmed when we get there. IIRC it was $1150 for the week plus exchange rate.

Last edited:
thought the reservation was arriving on sunday?

I have to be there on Saturday, as a friend of mine is coming up to visit from Atlanta for a night. I haven't seen her in a few years - we planned on meeting last year, but I ended up not giong 'cause my bike broke down.

Our reservation is arrive Saturday 14th, depart Saturday 21st.

Pricing is going to be about $300 for the room with 4 people, $400 with 3 people. That of course will be confirmed when we get there. IIRC it was $1150 for the week plus exchange rate.

I'm a tard...
Just double checked booking.

Arrive Sunday the 15th.

Total is now $1266.53 US = $1304.53 CDN (after bank fees)
Divided 3 ways = $434.84 CDN each.
Divided 4 ways = $326.14 CDN each (in case we get another person).

Think I got all messed up on the thing with one group departing the 14th....

Stupid brain...

Last edited:
I might come just waiting for confirmation if my boss will let me take the week off. I have a Frontier 4x4 extended cab only, definitely not comfortable for more than 2 in the cab. The bed is 6ft and fit the CB1 with tail closed diagonally.
No hitch but will get one installed if needed.
I'm deciding on which bike to bring between the fun 400cb-1 or the heavy 1100xx.

63ef588d-e8fd-3204.jpg

Hey Gary I have had a big bandit 1250 and sv1000 in the bed of the f150.

Last edited:
I might come just waiting for confirmation if my boss will let me take the week off. I have a Frontier 4x4 extended cab only, definitely not comfortable for more than 2 in the cab. The bed is 6ft and fit the CB1 with tail closed diagonally.
I'm deciding on which bike to bring between the fun 400cb-1 or the heavy 1100xx.

Glad to hear you're interested in coming. Hope your boss OK's it ASAP.
A hitch would be good - doesn't it come with the usual step hitch? That's all I've used on my little Ford Ranger and it tows 2 bikes easily that way. Tongue weight is limited, but as long as you're creative with balancing it's not an issue at all.

As for which bike - whichever is more reliable is my vote.

have you been down there before? Defiantly bring a reliable ride for sure. Light bike is good for the tight corners, don't really need HP down there, bring something with good brakes though

been to the gap twice,with my bandit 650 last dec 31st and family day with the cb1-400.The blackbird is too heavy for comfort but great if riding down.My concern is If we are doing a trip out of the area the small bike's gas go to 100miles/tank only.

been to the gap twice,with my bandit 650 last dec 31st and family day with the cb1-400.The blackbird is too heavy for comfort but great if riding down.My concern is If we are doing a trip out of the area the small bike's gas go to 100miles/tank only.

Don't worry about inconveniencing the rest of us... I'm sure that after 100 miles we'll be ready for a break anyways... we'll grab maps for gas stations and plan appropriately.
There's also nothing saying that we have to stick together as a group either... if someone wants to go check out something, they're more than welcome to disappear and have their own fun.

Would 2 bikes fit in your bed with the tail down? The bikes that would be going in the back would be either a Buell 1125r (mine) or Spyradar's Ducati 1098. The Buell is an inch and a bit shorter, but significantly wider (4-5 inches at least).

Crammed the 1098 and an R1 in the back of my Ranger for a little bit (transferring from a full size higher truck to the Ranger and then to the ground), so it's possible... Think the Frontier's bed might be a bit bigger.

63ef588d-e8fd-3204.jpg

Hey Gary I have had a big bandit 1250 and sv1000 in the bed of the f150.

Nice set up Claudio.........I'd be in the ER after trying to load 2 bikes like that.
Where's your tailgate?

You'd be a life saver if you could haul one other bike!!!
Tell the boss, we'll have a fundraiser for him if he cuts you loose for the week!!

As for gas stations, my gps points them out - no worries.

Tailgate is down with a bed extender, gear is in tote boxes on tailgate.
Believe it it not its not even that tight a fit.
Was $400 in fuel round trip from Barrie.

If I could use my triples to hold the Busa down, it would make a big difference. Big *** fairings seem to be the problem. I have to strap it to the bars at the front - I don't even know how I'm going to hold the rear end down yet with the exhaust in the way. It's not a trailer friendly bike.

If you guys have time this weekend or the next, I am willing to meet to see what I need on my truck bed. I just got it and its having its first maintenance :) today.
If I need to pull a trailer I'll buy a hitch.But if not needed I rather save the money for a bed extender.

My bed has liner-on (Rhino- Thanks for the tip from the other past thread I love it) but only have 4 tiedown point on the side.

Tie the 2 bikes together in the center and to your tie downs on the sides.
Has worked for me many times and seams to be the best way to properly secure them Gary.
All you really need it a sheet of plywood with a D-ring in the middle.
I've custom made mine to fit perfectly around the wheel wells but will also work with just a 4x8 sheet.
4ac609b6-eaaa-11a7.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom