Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 189 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Kat - just be sure that that generator works properly before tomorrow.. last thing we want is no power!

So let's see... what do we have for interesting nicknames...
Tim - Kohlarbonez
Randy - Sparkles
Dave W. - Mr. Bip (I'm sure you can figure that out.. hehehe)

I'm not sure about Dave G. or Michelle... hmmm... hmm.....

Good times at Grand Bend today. Not super busy. Good bunch of riders out there. Nice to get out with Tim, Randy and Katatonic Dave to close out the season.

Thank you guys/girl for all the help and advice today, it made the day far more enjoyable and my lap times to not completely suck! I've had a blast these last 2 weeks between SMP and GB, I just wish I had had gotten into track riding years ago!
I'm done for the season, but rest assured, I will be back in the Spring!

Yeah man. Was a good day at GB.
Was annoying being at the lower end of the red pack today - didn't have my normal pace through the S bends at all... stupid low side through there last time was much to much in my mind. Oh well.

Definitely good to see Doozer, Michelle, Bip and Randy out there. Gave me some unicorns to chase, which I failed miserably at.

Was a great way to end the track season - front tire still has a couple days left, but the rear has maybe half a day left.
Winter show's going to be expensive.. new suit, 3 or 4 new tires, another case of Amsoil, GB Track Day package... $1600-1800 for sure. My wallet's crying already...

Glad to hear you guys had a good session, weather was perfect for it. I'm also starting to save up for the show. I might have some slicks/warmers that I'm considering...
What layout did you have? On the reverse layout, the entry into the S-bends is always a little rough for me. I'd like to try to find a cleaner line through next time.

Here's a few shots from yesterday.
5cdbab2cdfb26c998baa4564ea2d6d10.jpg
58e1fb46c9ba5cf61f7e8171712b4ce3.jpg
d04b1abc0a73eab15ff8ade28051144e.jpg
5fb31c0ff0ecec0727ed0ff258f3fa69.jpg
82bf3bd8bb608f96cb7ecade7c3c8ef5.jpg

That can't be me, that guy has no head ;)

Thanks for posting those up, Bip!
You made some pretty amazing progress throughout the day. Good to see!

That can't be me, that guy has no head ;)
Hahaha!! I was just assuming it was you based on the bike...lol!
Thanks for posting those up, Bip!
You made some pretty amazing progress throughout the day. Good to see!
Thanks!
I was looking at the pictures Smergy took with my camera and can see what he was talking about with regards to my body position. He's right, I look kinda weird with my body and head upright...almost awkward looking. I need to tuck and get my head and shoulders down in the corners!
I think if I sort out my body position and move my ass off the seat more, my lap times will be knocking on your door!

I was looking at the pictures Smergy took with my camera and can see what he was talking about with regards to my body position. He's right, I look kinda weird with my body and head upright...almost awkward looking. I need to tuck and get my head and shoulders down in the corners!
I think if I sort out my body position and move my *** off the seat more, my lap times will be knocking on your door!

Body position is one of the hardest things to get to a decent spot. I'm better at right turns, and I'm positive it's cause my form is better that way than it is turning left.
You'll be hitting my lap times soon enough - just don't push it too much more before you get that body position sorted out or things won't go so well... I'll literally have to pick you up and kick you off my lawn.

Saara's been sick this week, so I imagine she'll be pretty behind, but we can see on saturday. We haven't been that way in a while

Awesome season at GB for me. Really nice to meet a bunch of great people to hang out with at the track.
Seems the Hawk GT needs a little rear suspension work - any recommendations for a local shop with good capability to get a new spring (maybe?) and refresh the shock?

Back
Top Bottom