Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 183 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

We'll check it tomorrow morning and go from there. SMP is worth the drive, its a good time.

Well, I'm still in if you're in! Worst case we get there, set up a tent and drink!

We'll see.
I'm not too crazy on the idea of adding 2 hours drive time to the day, but I might be able to be talked in to it....

Talked to Tim, we'll be heading to SMP. The weather looks just too unpredictable and I only have race slicks. With the cloud cover the dry time will be longer if we get hit. Of course we could be completely wrong and its a great day. Either way SMP is likely the safe choice at this point. I was really hoping to run reverse technical :(

Dave et al. you are cordially invited to come with us to SMP. Its a good track and a lot of fun. Surface is rough, but the layout is pretty awesome.

Randy and I are out for Grand Bend.
We're going to Shannonville instead.
You should come Dave - it's well worth the trip.

Lets put it this way. Currently you spend the other 364 days a year not having as much fun as you could be tomorrow :)

We'll see.
I'm not too crazy on the idea of adding 2 hours drive time to the day, but I might be able to be talked in to it....

Come on Katatonic Dave... well, Doozer too for that matter.. ;-)

SMP is a riot. Sure, being on the road at 5am really blows, but it's worth it.
Another fellow Randy and I know from Markham is going to be there too...

Alright alright, I'm in.
But just so you both know, I'll be cursing you when I wake up tomorrow morning!

Alright alright, I'm in.
But just so you both know, I'll be cursing you when I wake up tomorrow morning!

Well awesomeness. Call and register today and not at the gate - you may save a couple bucks...
Shannonville also provides lunch so you don't need to worry about that.
Bring lots of water/gatorade/etc and snacks for the day. Don't forget a lawn chair either.

Be on the road by 5am so you can get through Toronto easily. If you head out at 5:15am, chances are you're adding at least 20 minutes to the drive time.

See you there!!!

Edit - Just registered. So I'm all in!

Last edited:
Well awesomeness. Call and register today and not at the gate - you may save a couple bucks...
Shannonville also provides lunch so you don't need to worry about that.
Bring lots of water/gatorade/etc and snacks for the day. Don't forget a lawn chair either.

Be on the road by 5am so you can get through Toronto easily. If you head out at 5:15am, chances are you're adding at least 20 minutes to the drive time.

See you there!!!

Edit - Just registered. So I'm all in!

I'm booked!
See you ******* tomorrow!

Come on Katatonic Dave... well, Doozer too for that matter.. ;-)

SMP is a riot. Sure, being on the road at 5am really blows, but it's worth it.
Another fellow Randy and I know from Markham is going to be there too...

As much as I'd love to show you guys how to go fast at Shannonville, I have way too much work to do this week before the long weekend. Have fun!

As much as I'd love to show you guys how to go fast at Shannonville...

Maybe some day, I'll be hit by a thunderbolt from the Gods of Motorcycle speed and close the gap to you a wee bit... But.. .You're still what, 5-6 seconds a lap faster than me at SMP for sure? That's a huge amount for someone of such advanced age as me...

Maybe some day, I'll be hit by a thunderbolt from the Gods of Motorcycle speed and close the gap to you a wee bit... But.. .You're still what, 5-6 seconds a lap faster than me at SMP for sure? That's a huge amount for someone of such advanced age as me...
I really wanted to get there with you guys this year but it just didn't work out... I did a 1:57 on the Ninja on a day with a river across the braking zone in Allen's. I suspect I can get under 1:55 now if it's a good grip day.

So based on this my goal should be somewhere in the 2:40-2:50 range? lol!!

Van is all packed and the bike is loaded. Here's hoping I remember to bring the key!

Or just go keyless... It's what all the cool kids are doing these days

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I already zip-tied mine to the bike :D

I'll see you there tomorrow!

Actually, you won't see him at GB. He's coming to SMP with Randy and I.

@Katatonic Dave - your target for day 1 at SMP, first time ever on track etc, should probably be 2:45. As Sebi mentioned, zip tying the key to the damper or wherever isn't a bad idea at all.

@Doozer - Oh go sod off. ;-) 1:55... sigh... 7 seconds a lap faster. That just hurts my feelings...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom