Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 182 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Depending on track layout I'll probably be riding green (slowest) group; I can go out with you or watch you here and there and let you know what I see. No expert but did the racer5 and feel I can hold an ok pace in green.

My main goal will be getting a feel for a new (to me) bike and not crashing!
I'll work on pace and lines later on in the day.

I'm not going to be able to make it... crazy busy project at work, plus we've got 2 days booked at Calabogie on the long weekend that I cannot miss. Weak, I know, but there it is. Have fun guys! Keep it safe.

I'm not going to be able to make it... crazy busy project at work, plus we've got 2 days booked at Calabogie on the long weekend that I cannot miss. Weak, I know, but there it is. Have fun guys! Keep it safe.

Well that sucks.... It's been a few years, I was looking forward to seeing you again!

yeah, gotta pay for it all somehow. Too bad you can't join, would have been nice to have the crew there

Good news. The CBR has risen from the ashes and lives again! She is still waiting for some replacement parts, but has enough pieces to run. Tuesday looks like a go, hopefully we don't find anything else up with it. I took it around the block and seems to run fine.

Good news. The CBR has risen from the ashes and lives again! She is still waiting for some replacement parts, but has enough pieces to run. Tuesday looks like a go, hopefully we don't find anything else up with it. I took it around the block and seems to run fine.

Perfect!
What do people normally do.... Book online or wait and pay at the gate?

Book online, I think it's cheaper too

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Book online, I think it's cheaper too

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's done, I'm officially booked!
I had some issues with their online system so I called the office and booked over the phone.
Here's hoping for half-decent weather!

Well that sucks.... It's been a few years, I was looking forward to seeing you again!

yeah, gotta pay for it all somehow. Too bad you can't join, would have been nice to have the crew there

Yeah, hopefully next summer will be better for being able to schedule track time. This summer I had a few other things that had to get done. Didn't get to Shannonville yet either. Maybe September 30th if it's super nice by some miracle.

sweet. c ya there. Tim hasn't said whether is is going or not, but we both have Black F-150's, just park where sebi suggested, usually the best view for the day.

It's done, I'm officially booked!
I had some issues with their online system so I called the office and booked over the phone.
Here's hoping for half-decent weather!

sweet. c ya there. Tim hasn't said whether is is going or not, but we both have Black F-150's, just park where sebi suggested, usually the best view for the day.

I'll likely end up making a decision on it late tomorrow night.
Just home from teaching the course... now have to catch up on some work that I missed yesterday (went to visit Omar in the hospital). Teach again tomorrow, and try to get the bike finished up later in the evening or on Monday night.
Later!

Well, that kinda sucks.
I even washed the bike! You know, showin' her a bit of love before all the abuse.....

What happens if it's cancelled? Do they just not charge my card, still charge but then issue a credit?....

Last edited:
Well, that kinda sucks.
I even washed the bike! You know, showin' her a bit of love before all the abuse.....

What happens if it's cancelled? Do they just not charge my card, still charge but then issue a credit?....

I would suggest you make the decision by noon or so on Monday. If you call before then and cancel you for sure won't get charged for it.

I still have a credit for Shannonville... so I'm hoping to go on Friday, September 8. Dave, if you can't make GB tomorrow, you should to SMP. It's a ton more fun, but it's also long drive (we leave at 5am SHARP to get there on time, and get through Toronto traffic).

At the moment, I'm pretty much out for Tuesday considering the forecast. Bike is all back together except for a couple of zip ties.

I think SMP is a little farther than I want to go. If the weather still looks bad tomorrow afternoon then I'll cancel with GB and try to get in for the next one. I think they're running another lapping day on the 12th.

wait and see. hourly shows 40% which I usually go with, but wait until tomorrow morning. Unless its looking real ugly I'll roll with it.

Back
Top Bottom