Kia | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kia

Yeah, you said something that had nothing to do with the conversation.

I'm fairly certain the implication is that the 700 vehicles you mention is a drop in the bucket of overall sales.

I'm fairly certain the implication is that the 700 vehicles you mention is a drop in the bucket of overall sales.

True, but he's not even comparing the same sample size. Ontario VS Canada.

If you want to really compare, Autotrader shows 2500 Civics across Canada. Thats two weeks worth of sales. Not to mention dealers don't put every single car they have on Autotrader.

The Kia stuff is better than it used to be, but once you deep a little deeper features and functions are just not the same implementation. Fit and finish? It's alright, by my book. I mean there is some questionable sheet metal work which makes me think it must have been outsourced to Tesla or someone new in car business ... where the front hood meets the front mask, gaps and lines not meeting each other up, cannot be a design feature, no way I keep telling myself .... inside cavity where you grab the hatch door has a plastic insert with Velcro, so it holds to the inner panel. So it has fallen out already few times. I guess will have to glue it in ... LOL ... the materials used in the cabin are nice and quite enough for me ... that's on 2018 Soul luxury model. The steering is just way to soft, fortunately they give you three settings, so I immediately cranked it up to the stiffest one. It's much better now, but still not what I am used to and what I prefer.

But, the car drives nice overall and is priced accordingly. Would I want to drive across Canada in it? Heck no ... For city and daily short hops it's more than what I need.

The current Civic is hardly the poster-child for body panel fitment!

https://www.civicx.com/threads/any-issues-so-far-fit-finish-panel-alignment-etc.883/

I make NO claims for my daily driver being any better, because it isn't. On my car, the colour of the bumpers doesn't match that of the main body. It's visibly off when viewed in sunlight. It's hard to make the finish on a painted plastic part exactly match that on a painted steel part ... and I know that at the plant, the bumpers go through a separate paint line from the main bodyshell (because of the need to follow a different process for painting plastic).

I fixed this very easily. I don't care.

Why would you even say that? It's not even remotely true.

There is 700 brand new Civics on Autotrader alone just in Ontario, sitting on the lot.

Oh please, Figure of speech. Sorta like Trump tweeting that he has a nuclear "button" on his desk bigger than that north Korean guy has. . Lolz

The mods Couldn't handle all the NSX greatness in that thread. Had to be thrown in the abyss.

27705749759_8090515fcf_b.jpg

Attachments

• 27705749759_8090515fcf_b.jpg
    27705749759_8090515fcf_b.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 15
Haha, same old Sunny. Honda is great... IPhone sucks...

I did a clean-up in this thread and moved a bunch of posts to a different thread more closely related to their topic.

Last edited:
I hate to derail this thread with actual information on Kia's, but my family has a bunch of 'em so I can speak to their quality and reliability.

My brothers wife is on her 2nd Kia Rio. Both of them have been fine without any issues. My brother also has a Kia Rio and it has well over 100,000kms on it. He's even taken it to a bunch of track days at Mosport with me when I used have a Fiat 500 Abarth. (Now that car was an unreliable POS)
My brother has had to do some light maintenance to it. Brakes. A Wheel bearing. That's about it.

My sister has a Kia Soul. Getting close to the 100,000km mark. Nothing but light maintenance work.

Other friends and family members have bought Kia's as well. No complaints.

I test drove a Kia Optima a few years back and almost bought it. Was impressed with it quite a bit.

Kia and Hyundai have come a long long way. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I'd definitely rather buy one rather than a Toyota or a Honda. Their fit and finish isn't as great as they used to be. Same with their quality, and their prices are too high for what you get.

Last edited:
My brother had a 2010 Rio. Tranny started to go at 70000km. Took it to the dealer, did a flush and they said nothing was wrong with it. Didn't even leave the lot, sold it to them right then. Tranny felt like it had maybe 1000km left in it. Got market value for trade in, so it's their loss in the end. Also bottom of the doors started to bubble at around 45000km, despite being undersprayed and having the electronic rust protection on it. He has a 2015 Rio, and it's been decent. Both Kia and Hyundai seemed to massively up their quality in 2013, so hopefully the newer cars are built to last. I don't predict anything pre-2013 to last much past 10 or 15 years, they were pretty sh*t cars.

I think they are good for the money. If I even hated myself enough to buy a fwd car, it might be on this list.

Wife bought a Kia Soul. It’s been a wonderful car. A little underpowered but, drivability and fit and finish have second to none.

Solid built vehicle. Open the hood and it doesn’t require a good prop.

Heated steering wheel and quality materials. Best blue tooth connect ability and very quiet on the highway.

Dealership in Grimsby is very friendly and candid about the whole purchase process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. Except she bought hers when the soul came out. Had it now for almost 9 years, 225k on it and runs like a champ.
Kia had top spots for realiability and low maintenance in 2017 picks. It has come a long way and is in a great competitive spot.

Hey, if you're hell bent on buying an ugly as sin car, order it in puke green and own the **** out of it.

d814e818-c797-4440-b9d9-8d7bd4af604e
24678596967_a58962f9c0_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom