Kennedy Commons AllDay/EveryDay | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kennedy Commons AllDay/EveryDay

Midland and progress is too small for the meet, and wacker.
People are panicking for no reason, kc timmies will never die, maybe just Wednesday might be an issue for a bit, but there is 6 other days.

People need to understand their rights and freedom, and don't back down.

Midland and progress is too small for the meet, and wacker.
People are panicking for no reason, kc timmies will never die, maybe just Wednesday might be an issue for a bit, but there is 6 other days.

People need to understand their rights and freedom, and don't back down.

What he said! The trespassing ticket will go nowhere if you are not causing a disturbance... I will be at KC next Wensday, and maybe I will buy a coffee, maybe not.

What he said! The trespassing ticket will go nowhere if you are not causing a disturbance... I will be at KC next Wensday, and maybe I will buy a coffee, maybe not.

Somebody needs to phone RioCan/FirstGulf/41 division and ask WTF is going on here.

What is the distinguishing factor that will cause you to be approached? All bikes and sports cars?

Doesn't matter if you buy a coffee or not. A significant number of us do. I use the bank. So I can't sit on my bike for a bit while I count my money, take a break, look at a map?

I think the trespass will hold if RioCan/FirstGulf have been coerced to cooperate. But that depends on the root cause of all of this anyway. Maybe other customers complained to retailers, or retailers themselves complain to the property manager. Anything other than that there is no reason police should be charging anyone with trespass. This isn't prime real estate where parking your vehicle there is a huge hassle for others.

Somebody needs to phone RioCan/FirstGulf/41 division and ask WTF is going on here.

What is the distinguishing factor that will cause you to be approached? All bikes and sports cars?

Doesn't matter if you buy a coffee or not. A significant number of us do. I use the bank. So I can't sit on my bike for a bit while I count my money, take a break, look at a map?

I think the trespass will hold if RioCan/FirstGulf have been coerced to cooperate. But that depends on the root cause of all of this anyway. Maybe other customers complained to retailers, or retailers themselves complain to the property manager. Anything other than that there is no reason police should be charging anyone with trespass. This isn't prime real estate where parking your vehicle there is a huge hassle for others.

If anyone gets a ticket, please go get a minivan (or some other soccer mom vehicle) and come back. See if they treat you the same way lol!

But seriously, a couple of friendly emails to Tim Hortons head office about how you can't enjoy your coffee with your friends at your favorite Tims location anymore, that should do the trick.

friendly emails to Tim Hortons head office about how you can't enjoy your coffee with your friends at your favorite Tims location anymore, that should do the trick.

Forsure, do they want the good peoples business or not - kind of a landmark

If anyone gets a ticket, please go get a minivan (or some other soccer mom vehicle) and come back. See if they treat you the same way lol!

But seriously, a couple of friendly emails to Tim Hortons head office about how you can't enjoy your coffee with your friends at your favorite Tims location anymore, that should do the trick.

Tim Hortons definately wants your buisness, thats not the question. They do have to consider two more points though.

1) Being a good neighbour to the establishments around them so they don't get grief
2) Stay on good terms with the land owner of KC.

Sorry hun but you don't have to be causing a disterbance to be tresspassing.

Yup. Property owners (of the entire Commons) have given cops full permission to charge anyone on the property with trespassing unless they are in and STAY in the stores/restaurants... Basically, do your business and/or GTFO. No loitering, no meets, etc.

Pretty crappy, but those idiots brought it on us all.

Yes, this sounds accurate. I used to work as a Security Supervisor at another location that had a Tim Hortons.

There was a large group of cars & sometimes bikes that would hang out there nightly during the summer. For the most part the majority of people were quiet & kept to themselves, but there were the few that would race in the parking lot & do burnouts among other things. There were also groups that would block the entraceways to Tims. Tim Hortons would call security nightly to deal with the issues & we would respond as lightly as we possible to make Tims happy, deal with the complaints & not interfere with patrons who were just there to hang out with friends & have a coffee.

Our response was met with frequent non compliance from the "bad apples" which is a common reaction to Security, and often escalated to trespass offences & police involvement. There was the massive amount of garbage that maintenance had to remove from the parking lot every morning which became an issue.

Eventually management decided to cut everyone off after dark. Strict rules: if you come to be a Tims patron, stay inside. If you walk outside, the coffees to go. No loitering. No occupied vehicles in the parking lot allowed. All patrons in the parking lot were directed to leave, no exceptions. Police were issued a form authorizing them to act as "agents of the property" which subsequently enabled them to enforce the trespass to property act. That was that.

This sounds very familiar.

Im not reading this whole thread, so sorry if this has already been posted

There are 3 sections to the trespass to property act that define the ways in which you can commit an offence:

Entry where entry is prohibited
(if you enter an area to which access is restricted, such as an "authorized entry only" area or if you enter a property which you have been banned from you are commiting an offence)

Failure to leave when directed
( if you are told to leave by an authorized agent of the property such as a security guard or police officer, and you do not leave immediately, you are commiting an offence)

Engage in prohibited act
(if you break the property rules or code of conduct [which can be described verbally, in writing, or with signage], & these usually include any municipal, provincial or federal laws, loitering, wearing disguises, causing disturbance yadda yadda- if you break those rules its an offence)

If theyre cutting you guys off, sorry. It sucks & they call the shots.

If Riocan owns the property, it is private property. There is no right for anyone of us to be there. They can ask us to leave whenever, however, for whatever reason.

If the cops or Security tell you to take a hike, do yourself a favor, save yourself the cost of the trespass ticket & get out of there.

I wondered why Wednesday's have died down at KC. It's unfortunate but I drive by there every morning (around 6:15 am or so) and the amount of garbage littered from the night before is just disgusting. I can see why management would get the police involved. I never remembered it being that bad last year. But the police giving out trespassing tickets is just absurd. I can't see that holding up in court.

Why don't people just pick up after themselves? It's not that hard.

At 9:45 the police said "we'll give you 15 mins to get out of here" but I had just bought a bagel and XL tea and was like "but I won't be able to finish my food" and they said "15 mins, that's it!".

I rolled out to Coffee time, nobody there. Went to L&L, nobody there, Went to Hard Rock, nobody there!! =)

Such a nice night for a ride! =)

-Jamie M.

Why don't people just pick up after themselves? It's not that hard.

...because a lot of people are inconsiderate.... Bikers too.

(I had a rant about this on another thread) .

i drive by KC everyday, place is barren! i guess im going to have to start a mission to lakeshore and leslie each week FTL.

So whats up with KC?

Is anyone doing KC tonight?

ah bumping this thread...
ANYONE going to K/c tomorrow night? gonna be 9 degrees tomorrow night! (or so the weathernetwork says)

Met up with friends tonight at K/C

64142_688847394414_227301608_4745480_1227539211_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom