Jian Ghomeishi is making a comeback! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jian Ghomeishi is making a comeback!

In the overall scheme of things gomeshy was way more successful (and wealthy) than the average Canadian. He had a radio show where the aspiring as well as accomplished came to him. And many regular plebs sat in their cars listening to the circle jerk. Day in day out week after week. He doesn't have that anymore. Plus his name has been smudged. I understand some people have more money than him tho. So that's kinda cool.

Pretty sure he made more money than most and while he wasn't a huge celeberity by any means, he had a good job and made more $$$ than most people do on average.

But thats not even the point. Even if you make 40k/yr, why should it be taken away from you IF you are innocent? That's my point.

And fetish is not a crime if its consensual. unwanted and unwelcomed sexual behaviour is a different story but as long as both parties consent, there is no crime when it comes to this

Well if he knew his place in society he wouldn't have had any issues, lesson for everyone.

He was not found innocent BTW... he also dropped his suit against the CBC ($55M) and had to pay them $18K for legal fees, if he was truly innocent why not go for the $55M, seems like a slam dunk (to you does it not?)?

Would you want your daughter to hang out with him?

Dude is creepy

Well if he knew his place in society he wouldn't have had any issues, lesson for everyone.

He was not found innocent BTW... he also dropped his suit against the CBC ($55M) and had to pay them $18K for legal fees, if he was truly innocent why not go for the $55M, seems like a slam dunk (to you does it not?)?

I dont know why he didn't sue CBC but i know that the case was dropped because the women who accused him were caught in lie after lie after lie. Which means nothing they said had any credibility any more and there was also no evidence against him.

But that's the point, when youre in a public position, any interaction, no matter how harmless can be turned against you and do damage to your reputation even if at the end it's proven to be false.

My point is, there should be protection against this. Otherwise every celebrity, athlete .... who has made it big is always in risk of losing it all due to a vengeful accusation.

In my opinion nothing in your life should change (due to any accusations or charges) until you are actually found guilty.

I'm sure no one here would like to lose their job because someone made a false accusation about them,. Would you? you can say he wasn't careful but how many cases of false accusations have we seen recently? The Rolling Stones one was one of the famous ones.

People shouldnt lose everything they worked for their entire lives because someone said something.

But yes, if you did it andif you are found guilty based on evidence, then of course, jail the bastard. Man or woman.

I'm sorry, but he is no poster boy for the wrongly accused. As for the CBC, he had a second charge dropped (the one that included a CBC employee) after he agreed to a peace bond to stay away from her. Technically not an admission of guilt but not the action of a wrongly accused poster boy.

Again, his kink was well known in the industry well before this, maybe some of these women should have known better?? In HIS case he just did not have the money and power to back it up, so he should have been more careful. Think about yourself, if you had that kink would you act on it when hooking up or would you work your way up to it to reduce the risk, maybe just pay someone??? He thought he had the money and power to just go for it, he was delusional.

Yes there are examples of people being wrongly accused, and when there is solid proof there should be repercussions. There is no solid proof this turd was wrongly accused, he beat the rap just like he beat those women to get off (well documented this is what he was about, including the video he showed CBC...). Consent was he said she said, but he did choke and hit them.

I do think in this day of social media etc. that both the victim and accused should remain anonymous (to the general public, not each other) when at all possible until conviction.

Two big positives about this case:

1) Now everyone knows (not just the industry) about his issues with women, that is a positive for women--now they know.
2) the taxpayers are no longer paying this hacks salary.

Last edited:
Who?

I'm sorry, but he is no poster boy for the wrongly accused. As for the CBC, he had a second charge dropped (the one that included a CBC employee) after he agreed to a peace bond to stay away from her. Technically not an admission of guilt but not the action of a wrongly accused poster boy.

Again, his kink was well known in the industry well before this, maybe some of these women should have known better?? In HIS case he just did not have the money and power to back it up, so he should have been more careful. Think about yourself, if you had that kink would you act on it when hooking up or would you work your way up to it to reduce the risk, maybe just pay someone??? He thought he had the money and power to just go for it, he was delusional.

Yes there are examples of people being wrongly accused, and when there is solid proof there should be repercussions. There is no solid proof this turd was wrongly accused, he beat the rap just like he beat those women to get off (well documented this is what he was about, including the video he showed CBC...). Consent was he said she said, but he did choke and hit them.

I do think in this day of social media etc. that both the victim and accused should remain anonymous (to the general public, not each other) when at all possible until conviction.

Two big positives about this case:

1) Now everyone knows (not just the industry) about his issues with women, that is a positive for women--now they know.
2) the taxpayers are no longer paying this hacks salary.

I agree with some of your points.

Here are the ones i dont agree with. Those women who were choked all went back to him. If someone forces you to do something you are not consenting to and you object to, you either go to the cops or at the very least you cut all ties with that person. This is also well documented that those women went back for more. One of them was still sending him bikini pix after one year. I dont know about you but to me that's not the behavior of someone who doesnt want something and is horrified by his attacker. Thats the actions of someone who enjoyed her time and wants more. Love letters, emails... all after the fact. So i dont buy the whole non-consensual thing in his case.

Dont get me wrong though, im not saying he is a wonderful person who should be rewarded. Far from it. And i say that based on the videos of him showing what he really thinks about his fans and ... not based on the trial. He is indeed a jackass. But being a jackass doesnt mean youre a rapist.

i will add one thing to the list of good things you brought up which came out of this case:

people learned very publicly that you cant just falsely accuse someone of wrong doing and know those accusations will stick. Despite the barrage of SJWs feminists who screamed at the court walls every day of his trial and that whole year while CBC and every other leftist outlet painted ghomeishi in the worst possible light and tried to make everyone hate him, the judge still made his call based on evidence and was indeed praised by his colleagues.

So for me, the biggest positive here was that now people know better that you cant lie your way in to getting a nice fat pay check with a few crocodile tears. At least not easily.

But do i like him as a person? No. I think he is a pretentious ********* who thinks of himself above everyone else.But i wont let that cloud my judgement on the topic of sexual harassment. For that i look at the evidence.

Never heard of this guy before his court case and I will never listen to anything he has to broadcast here after. Wasn't he employed with the CBC? That whole mess is just a tax sink-hole anyway. No talent there either radio or TV.

Never heard of this guy before his court case and I will never listen to anything he has to broadcast here after. Wasn't he employed with the CBC? That whole mess is just a tax sink-hole anyway. No talent there either radio or TV.

+1 Really. I didn't know his name or watched/listened to his program. I might have heard the program name though.

I dont know why he didn't sue CBC but i know that the case was dropped because the women who accused him were caught in lie after lie after lie. Which means nothing they said had any credibility any more and there was also no evidence against him.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? There were 2 trials. First was with the Gang of Three, Lucy DeCoutere being the most recognizable. Second was CBC co-worker Kathryn Borel, resulting in a peace bond and a verbal apology to the victim. Your lawyer doesn't initiate plea bargaining talks with the crown 3 months in advance of the trial if you're innocent.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ys-i-know-apology-was-the-right-solution.html

Only purpose is a propaganda machine, not for entertainment

Were you dropped on your head as a child? There were 2 trials. First was with the Gang of Three, Lucy DeCoutere being the most recognizable. Second was CBC co-worker Kathryn Borel, resulting in a peace bond and a verbal apology to the victim. Your lawyer doesn't initiate plea bargaining talks with the crown 3 months in advance of the trial if you're innocent.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ys-i-know-apology-was-the-right-solution.html

Kathryn Borel was a willing participant and initiator of vulgar sexual humour at that work place. That information is out there. It's safe to assume she wouldn't bear scrutiny in court after what Marie Heinen did in the first trial. Kathryn Borel got the best she could hope for.

Kathryn Borel was a willing participant and initiator of vulgar sexual humour at that work place. That information is out there. It's safe to assume she wouldn't bear scrutiny in court after what Marie Heinen did in the first trial. Kathryn Borel got the best she could hope for.
You alright?

You're not speaking in riddles

And if a complainant is absolutely sugar-sweet innocent and sure what he did was illegal she wouldn't settle for a mere apology. Fact is, she wasn't so innocent herself and she didn't want that coming out in a public court for the media to see. So she settled.

Not fully aware of this information you speak of, but this line from her statement immediately following the dropped charges suggest (to me) at the very least there's more to the story then Jian running around dry humping anything marginally attractive. More specifically, if that was the case, and there was a case, this Borel did the cause no favours by shying away from the courtroom. Spotlight shone bright upon herself though, conveniently avoiding all that negative press and pressure of truths unearthed through trial.

In a perfect world, people who commit sexual assaults would be convicted for their crimes. Jian Ghomeshi is guilty of having done the things that I’ve outlined today. So when it was presented to me that the defence would be offering us an apology, I was prepared to forego the trial. It seemed like the clearest path to the truth. A trial would have maintained his lie, the lie that he was not guilty, and it would have further subjected me to the very same pattern of abuse that I’m currently trying to stop.

In a perfect world, people would show courage of conviction, and fight for the outcome they truly believe in. So question to be asked is what was lacking, courage, or conviction?

Feminism LOL

I agree with some of your points.

Here are the ones i dont agree with. Those women who were choked all went back to him. If someone forces you to do something you are not consenting to and you object to, you either go to the cops or at the very least you cut all ties with that person. This is also well documented that those women went back for more. One of them was still sending him bikini pix after one year. I dont know about you but to me that's not the behavior of someone who doesnt want something and is horrified by his attacker. Thats the actions of someone who enjoyed her time and wants more. Love letters, emails... all after the fact. So i dont buy the whole non-consensual thing in his case.

Dont get me wrong though, im not saying he is a wonderful person who should be rewarded. Far from it. And i say that based on the videos of him showing what he really thinks about his fans and ... not based on the trial. He is indeed a jackass. But being a jackass doesnt mean youre a rapist.

i will add one thing to the list of good things you brought up which came out of this case:

people learned very publicly that you cant just falsely accuse someone of wrong doing and know those accusations will stick. Despite the barrage of SJWs feminists who screamed at the court walls every day of his trial and that whole year while CBC and every other leftist outlet painted ghomeishi in the worst possible light and tried to make everyone hate him, the judge still made his call based on evidence and was indeed praised by his colleagues.

So for me, the biggest positive here was that now people know better that you cant lie your way in to getting a nice fat pay check with a few crocodile tears. At least not easily.

But do i like him as a person? No. I think he is a pretentious ********* who thinks of himself above everyone else.But i wont let that cloud my judgement on the topic of sexual harassment. For that i look at the evidence.

It is very common for women (and men to be fair) to go back to someone that has physically assaulted them in this way. It is not logical but certain people will think it was their fault, or find some other way to justify what happened--and they get preyed upon by his type. Just look at the abused women that go back to their spouses over and over again. So I do not consider it an admission of consent as much as stupidity.

If a women is battered by her husband, did she consent (and he is off the hook) because she did not immediately file for divorce or at least leave him?

As I said, it comes down to he said she said, he thought he wielded the money and power to do whatever he wanted, he did not. Were the women angles, no.Were they stupid to go back, yes. In the end the dude chokes women to get off, he needs help and not our pity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom