Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is There Any Bike Out There That Can Give You 400+ km's On Tank Of Gas?

油井緋色;2030719 said:
Well thanks for the confidence boosting info. If I just bring it in for service every 24,000 and do all the basic stuff myself (oil changes, lube, checking stuff etc.) it should last a good long while? =D

...Unless I track with it and have an oopsies? lol

I don't know that much about sport bikes but since those things are so understressed I can't see why any modern sport bike can't last a LONG time with routine maintenance.

..Tom

I ride a 650 V-Strom and routinely get about 400km/tank, though I ride it hard. In the winter, doing city only commuting, I have gone as low as 320km on one tank.
I rode it easy the other day on my way up to Wiarton and back and it reached 500km in one tank. First time in over 100,000km and I was shocked. I wonder what it could do if I rode it as gently as possible for one tank. I think that I could make it stretch to 550km on one tank riding it like that.

Last edited:
2010 BMW R1200GSA
32L tank
Will give me 600 to 700 kms a tank when touring depending on the type of road.
In town over 500kms for commuting.

ST1100. 28l tank, usually refill with 22 - 23l at the 415- 425km mark. In theory could push it to about 525km before it would run dry.

My last bike's manual said it could give me 430 km per full gas tank, I tested it and the gas ran out at 360 km before I had to flip the cock to reserve. I still thought 360 km was very good for a middle-weight sport-tourer bike, my Yahama XT 350cc dual-sport only gave me 190 km per gas tank.

When I go in group rides I notice how important a 350+ km gas tank is.... the SS riders have to pull into a gas station every 160 km for heaven's sakes, I could easily go twice that in my sport tourer.

How many KM's can you go on a full tank of gas? Post your bike model and year and litre capacity of tank.

So for me it's..... 360 to 380 km's for a 22 L tank.

My ex Yahama XT 350cc dual-sport gave me 190 km per gas tank (12 litres)

do you still have the 7s ? if you do you must be pushing the motor or something or something is up with your mileage. I routinely got 400km on that bike before switching to reserve

as for bikes that have more range, I have also a ST1300 with a 29L gas tank and routinely get 400-450km before the reserve light starts to blink. I have hit 500km once with the light blinking, filled it up and only put 27L into the tank.

This just goes to show how good Suzuki is and the type of engine they created for this bike. Same can't be said for other manufacturers.
I know a guy in US with Yamaha FZ6 (1st gen, 2006) who has 250K miles on it and counting. Mine is 2007 and nowhere near it but lots of folks of fz6 forums got well over 100K on theirs.

my 08 1000RR is doin something like 230km on about 13 L of gas when the light comes on with mixed city and highway. If I was on an 80km road nonstop it'll probably do over 300... It's the stop and go that eats gas. I think it burns around 5L/100 km at 120kph ... less if you go full tuck (variables as others have mentioned)

"2009 Ninja 250r approx. 400-430 km per tank (18 l)"

WHAT DA EFF I always seem to only get like 300-320 per tank.. is there something wrong with my bike D:

"2009 Ninja 250r approx. 400-430 km per tank (18 l)"

WHAT DA EFF I always seem to only get like 300-320 per tank.. is there something wrong with my bike D:

I also for the first time hit 390km on 18L of fuel on my Ninja 250 :)

My '01 Nigthawk 750 will give me, on average (mix of city and highway), 350 kilometres before I go to reserve where there's at least another 30-40 km before I go dry... so almost 400 kilometres. If I were only doing highway and kept my rpms down, it can go beyond 400 kilometres before I go to reserve. 18.5 litre tank.

my 08 1000RR is doin something like 230km on about 13 L of gas when the light comes on with mixed city and highway. If I was on an 80km road nonstop it'll probably do over 300... It's the stop and go that eats gas. I think it burns around 5L/100 km at 120kph ... less if you go full tuck (variables as others have mentioned)

Same bike, I'm lucky to get 190. Got 243 this past Saturday before the light came on but that was a non-stop run.

Why are most of you replying to 'sidewalk riding' Pegassus with "my sport bike does <400km"? Wasn't there a specific question asked?

My 1990 VTR250 will Go up to 300KM depending on my riding style on a 12 liter tank

I fill up every 100KM (City Riding) it's been as low as 4 Liters.

Why are most of you replying to 'sidewalk riding' Pegassus with "my sport bike does <400km"? Wasn't there a specific question asked?

Specific question:

How many KM's can you go on a full tank of gas? Post your bike model and year and litre capacity of tank.
...(

Other than a bit of weaving about (as Doc pointed out) this thread has mainly stuck to answering the question.

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom